The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

1 hour ago, 3xt1inct said:

NO, No, no, we already have bunny ears and fox tails, that is anime S#&$ enough.

Oh no, not the anime and Japanese references in a game like Warframe. Once you open the floodgates, who knows what's next? Next thing you know they'll be adding stuff like "ninja" to their slogan. Or they'll use romaji to name certain frames. Hell, the CEO might even say he's going to use anime as reference material. Or the creative director might even add a frame with a Jojo stand. Ooor, the next update might even be completely Japanese themed.

I shudder to think.

• Like 20

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Oh no, not the anime and Japanese references in a game like Warframe. Once you open the floodgates, who knows what's next? Next thing you know they'll be adding stuff like "ninja" to their slogan. Or they'll use romaji to name certain frames. Hell, the CEO might even say he's going to use anime as reference material. Or the creative director might even add a frame with a Jojo stand. Ooor, the next update might even be completely Japanese themed.

I shudder to think.

haha ninja is not per se anime, warframe also started out as a darker themed game, anime references are fine, taking from them directly and especially from the cutesie ones with cat ears and the disgusting lollies is just a step too far. Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that. Irony like yours is not gonna get you what you want so i commend you, go on like that and show how you cannot handle some headwind.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 3xt1inct said:

haha ninja is not per se anime, warframe also started out as a darker themed game, anime references are fine, taking from them directly and especially from the cutesie ones with cat ears and the disgusting lollies is just a step too far. Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that. Irony like yours is not gonna get you what you want so i commend you, go on like that and show how you cannot handle some headwind.

All I asked for was cat ears, don’t be a weirdo :((

• Like 7

Il y a 2 heures, Jeter1230 a dit :

All I asked for was cat ears, don’t be a weirdo :((

I mean... cat ears ... weirdo ... ??

You do you, but I don't think that's relevant in Warframe or for the playerbase.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Then it stops being the dark/ninja/genocidal game i signed up for, so yeah i do have a problem with that.

Pretty sure my Saryn breaks the Geneva Convention just fine whether it's with bunny ears or cat ones. I wasn't even completely supporting the OP, but it's kinda dumb to pretend like anime has no influence over Warframe, whether you say it's only the "non-cutesy" parts or not.

In the game there's people with political glyphs, anime glyphs, angel wings, bat wings, bunny ears, frames/operators/drifters in anime themed cosplay, color-vomit themes like [DE]Megan, etc... already. I'm surprised something like cat ears hasn't made its way into frame fashion. And while it's not necessarily my style, I'd rather that than some of the above stuff.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 7

I feel like that stuff is better in a game like Final Fantasy with real social features. We don't need to taint the aesthetic vibe Warframe has any further than what's been done already through a handful of questionable additions.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:
On 2024-09-07 at 1:31 AM, KitMeHarder said:

I shudder to think.

What if "frame with cat ears with disgusting lollies (I like them: wiki)" massacre platoon of Grunters in dark room?

Ok, ok, I will stop with little joke and start to take it 'little' more seriously. How players express themselves (that's what OP want... I guess) may differ. I personally would feel something more seeing "pink Grendel with wings" starting slaughtering my comrades than average looking soldier.

On 2024-09-06 at 11:28 PM, 3xt1inct said:

NO, No, no, we already have bunny ears and fox tails, that is anime S#&$ enough.

We have many animals. I don't like animals in real life. This is all from those "animal lovers" things. That's enough. Same argument.

ps. hate/like whatever you like, i'm not going to make you change

On 2024-09-06 at 8:21 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Please no... After that you will start requesting Maid outfit...

You have my attention:

Well, I guess it cannot be suggestion as it moved to discussion. Duh. Welp. So long folks. No maid outfit I guess.

Edited by quxier
moved topic

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

We don't need to taint the aesthetic vibe Warframe has any further than what's been done already through a handful of questionable additions.

I agree. I like that Warframe puts it's own spin on things when they add preexisting ideas. I think they could easily do cat ears that fit the Warframe aesthetic, unlike the sore thumb the bunny ears can be/are. (Preferably better done than the Ki'teer Atmos Earpiece, though.)

Can't think of the best example, but I like how they didn't just add straight up mechas with the Necramechs. Instead, we got Entrati themed skeleton corncobs.

15 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Pretty sure my Saryn breaks the Geneva Convention just fine whether it's with bunny ears or cat ones. I wasn't even completely supporting the OP, but it's kinda dumb to pretend like anime has no influence over Warframe, whether you say it's only the "non-cutesy" parts or not.

In the game there's people with political glyphs, anime glyphs, angel wings, bat wings, bunny ears, frames/operators/drifters in anime themed cosplay, color-vomit themes like [DE]Megan, etc... already. I'm surprised something like cat ears hasn't made its way into frame fashion. And while it's not necessarily my style, I'd rather that than some of the above stuff.

Sure ok, lets add anime, lets add anime stuff that fits the game theme, lets take naruto (only ever seen clips of it mind you) from there we have the fox tails, the rectangles with focus school symbols in them (village bandanas) and manier ability animation. as far as i know there aren't any cat ears in naruto (all reference work and no direct copies).  another thing that would more fit the vibe is the military outfits from anime's like attack on titan (that fits the vibe and certainly with 1999, but will also invite nazi and holocaust cosplay). The political glyphs i was already against, because i want a game to stay politcally neutral. the anime glyphs are content creator glyphs (no power over that, but also not something DE made themselves, they just converted a jpeg). angel wings is valentine themed, the bat wings (demon wings) are halloween themed, the bunny ears are not the sexy kind, but the ones from the easter bunny, aka no cosmetic has been released with anime as a theme, maybe with anime as a reference but never a theme. Cosplay is something that can happen and is a good creative challenge for people who are into that, to remake a character with items that are not directly related to a character or an anime, like the great irl cosplayers do as well. the only skin that was directly related was the excalibur proto skin that referenced dark sector (warframe's predecessor).

So yes it would be surprising for cat ears to be in the game, because they are directly related to anime, which has sometimes been a reference for cosmetics but never the main theme.