The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing Paused Until Koumei & The Five Fates

[DE]Sam

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, I kinda regreat Corss-Platform at this point.

All it does is cuase more issues.

I seriously do wonder how much they had to sacrifice to get Mobile to work.

It would've been so much easier to make Mobile it's own thing with the excuse of "technical limitations" because... OBVIOUSLY.
Like how do you make a game like Warframe- one of high mobility and frantic action- work on Timmy's iPad without any sort of greater control scheme?
Even the Nintendo Switch with it's shoddy performance had gyro controls and was SHOWN to work. Just look at Splatoon.

I don't even care for the networking or lag portion myself. That's a lesser concern.
I'm thinking things like Auto-Melee which feel like they were specifically built for Mobile. Much at the cost of everyone else.
It's those kind of actions that make me loathe DE's decision-making, as it gives the impression they'll gladly chop off a limb if it means 5 bucks in the moment.
That and the casual-playerbase that keeps asking for garbage like that. Bound to cause more issues.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Fully agree!

I was thinking about it further just now, but I also should have mentioned that this... really isn't the first time they've done this kinda stuff either.
At least quest-wise as far as memory takes me. (I'm sure there's been updates where literally nothing happens mechanically.)

Most of the "New War Prelude" as it's called now kinda just.... exists?
Sure, you have Ballas giving you the Paracesis and... whatever Erra is monologuing about, but how much is actually relevant?

Like, sure. Maybe Erra monologuing has bits of foreshadowing, but most players are just blitzing through the ""story"" and not really caring.
(Mostly because said story is incredibly incoherent, but I digress.)
Ballas feels like it's redundant though. "Hey, here's the bane of Sentients as part of my master plan!" and than just... yeah. It's a sword alright.

I really feel like Paracesis was robbed of it's story relevance, Ordis quite literally gives you a spare copy to use if you don't make it.
So than I ask "WHAT'S THE POINT?" and when I ask that, my mind also jumps to Lotus Eaters.
... actually, this extends to a lot of quests. I could list them all, but that'd take way too much space.

At this rate, I'd rather just the "leftover budget" used to make the """"quest"""" be used on something else.
Like for instance...

• Parity between certain skins.
    • Nikana Elixis and Nikana Tekelu for examples.
    • Former only works on Nikana (Weapon), latters works on all Nikanas (Category).
  • Refining Voice Acting in older content.
    • ... or in the case of Acolytes? Just changing their text lines.
      That's a 5 minute fix, DE. Realistically less.
  • Balancing notably broken abilities such as Mesmer Skin or Gloom.
  • Brainstorming plot points and attempting to correct plot holes.
    • I.E. Alad V's "infested" state. From how the game is structured, he is "cured" before he is even afflicted with his own Mutalist strain to begin with.
      See also: Second Dream.
    • Anything more crazy or impossible for the current plot can be "soft-tested" by introducing it via the Ludoplex.
      • This goes for game mechanics as well. It would be very wise to introduce a system like that sooner rather than later.

Most of these issues also extend to multiple departments that may have been involved with such a bare-bones quest.
Such as the graphical, audio, story-writing and game-engine departments. Which are usually staples of game development studios.

Adding such a garbage "filler-quest" just wastes the budget.
It only disappoints returning players and just wastes genuine potential in the studio itself.
Not hard to imagine some casual players will stop returning as often if they keep getting notified of a "big update" only to see a glorified hallway to walk through.
... and less returning casual players means less money from them, DE. I know that's why you even dabbled in the accursed Mobile-Gaming Market as is.

Oh well, they'll learn eventually right?
Likely by "consequence" slapping them a massive raw fish.
Tons of force, some broken bones and a distinct lack of respect to stop laughing at the unconscious body.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Binket_ said:

I seriously do wonder how much they had to sacrifice to get Mobile to work.

It would've been so much easier to make Mobile it's own thing with the excuse of "technical limitations" because... OBVIOUSLY.
Like how do you make a game like Warframe- one of high mobility and frantic action- work on Timmy's iPad without any sort of greater control scheme?
Even the Nintendo Switch with it's shoddy performance had gyro controls and was SHOWN to work. Just look at Splatoon.

I don't even care for the networking or lag portion myself. That's a lesser concern.
I'm thinking things like Auto-Melee which feel like they were specifically built for Mobile. Much at the cost of everyone else.
It's those kind of actions that make me loathe DE's decision-making, as it gives the impression they'll gladly chop off a limb if it means 5 bucks in the moment.
That and the casual-playerbase that keeps asking for garbage like that. Bound to cause more issues.

I was thinking about it further just now, but I also should have mentioned that this... really isn't the first time they've done this kinda stuff either.
At least quest-wise as far as memory takes me. (I'm sure there's been updates where literally nothing happens mechanically.)

Most of the "New War Prelude" as it's called now kinda just.... exists?
Sure, you have Ballas giving you the Paracesis and... whatever Erra is monologuing about, but how much is actually relevant?

Like, sure. Maybe Erra monologuing has bits of foreshadowing, but most players are just blitzing through the ""story"" and not really caring.
(Mostly because said story is incredibly incoherent, but I digress.)
Ballas feels like it's redundant though. "Hey, here's the bane of Sentients as part of my master plan!" and than just... yeah. It's a sword alright.

I really feel like Paracesis was robbed of it's story relevance, Ordis quite literally gives you a spare copy to use if you don't make it.
So than I ask "WHAT'S THE POINT?" and when I ask that, my mind also jumps to Lotus Eaters.
... actually, this extends to a lot of quests. I could list them all, but that'd take way too much space.

At this rate, I'd rather just the "leftover budget" used to make the """"quest"""" be used on something else.
Like for instance...

• Parity between certain skins.
    • Nikana Elixis and Nikana Tekelu for examples.
    • Former only works on Nikana (Weapon), latters works on all Nikanas (Category).
  • Refining Voice Acting in older content.
    • ... or in the case of Acolytes? Just changing their text lines.
      That's a 5 minute fix, DE. Realistically less.
  • Balancing notably broken abilities such as Mesmer Skin or Gloom.
  • Brainstorming plot points and attempting to correct plot holes.
    • I.E. Alad V's "infested" state. From how the game is structured, he is "cured" before he is even afflicted with his own Mutalist strain to begin with.
      See also: Second Dream.
    • Anything more crazy or impossible for the current plot can be "soft-tested" by introducing it via the Ludoplex.
      • This goes for game mechanics as well. It would be very wise to introduce a system like that sooner rather than later.

Most of these issues also extend to multiple departments that may have been involved with such a bare-bones quest.
Such as the graphical, audio, story-writing and game-engine departments. Which are usually staples of game development studios.

Adding such a garbage "filler-quest" just wastes the budget.
It only disappoints returning players and just wastes genuine potential in the studio itself.
Not hard to imagine some casual players will stop returning as often if they keep getting notified of a "big update" only to see a glorified hallway to walk through.
... and less returning casual players means less money from them, DE. I know that's why you even dabbled in the accursed Mobile-Gaming Market as is.

Likely by "consequence" slapping them a massive raw fish.
Tons of force, some broken bones and a distinct lack of respect to stop laughing at the unconscious body.

what did i just have the displeasure of reading

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Nope, never will, I know I snipped only this bit, but I did read everything here and I agree with it all, but looks like the little new guy above us, not understands, so don't mind him, let him defend

1 hour ago, skwarrior14 said:

you are adorable

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skwarrior14 said:

• A Cruel Angel's Thesis.
  • The Canadian Plan of Terraforming Mars.
  • Cephalon Cthulhu's Fanfiction. Ft. Dante from Warframe.
  • The Lore of Kingdom Hearts, Volume 3.551: Collectors Edition.
  • Category 921 of Shelf 12 in Patchouli's Library of Knowledge.
  • Integra Hellsing's Diary.
  • The Elaborate Musing of Drywall, passage 7:11.
  • The Backyard Graffiti.
  • What's Under Your Bed, a Tutorial.

It's probably one of those, I don't regulate your eyes.
I mean, clearly what you read ain't on topic or what I said... so I can only guess!

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Nope, never will

Bingo! DE never learns!

... but with your help and a lot of firey burn-y stuff?
We can change that.

7 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

looks like the little new guy above us, not understands, so don't mind him

But what if I don't want to this time?

7 hours ago, Stafelund said:

I'm hoping this bug appears on one of the weekly primetimes, because I feel that's the only way they'll get to fix it. 

Assuming DE doesn't just ignore it anyway because "lmao, who could possibly run into that again?"

... and than they fix a crash so out of the way in a New War segment.
One that you'd have to physically be LOOKING FOR IT to happen across it.

Best-case scenario? They finally introduce that "Mecha-MOA" rework for the sergeant I had in mind.
(Still very silly, but more threatening in a "This is a clumsy idiot with a tank" kinda dangerous.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

Assuming DE doesn't just ignore it anyway because "lmao, who could possibly run into that again?"

... and than they fix a crash so out of the way in a New War segment.
One that you'd have to physically be LOOKING FOR IT to happen across it.

Best-case scenario? They finally introduce that "Mecha-MOA" rework for the sergeant I had in mind.
(Still very silly, but more threatening in a "This is a clumsy idiot with a tank" kinda dangerous.)

Maybe if it causes them to lose on-stream lol, do they play Arbitrations? I encountered the bug at its worst, there was a hard-to-kill blitz mutalist moa eximus that kept following me and breaking my shields until it got killed by boar prime incarnon's chaining beams, I'm just glad that I didn't die since it was solo, and it's not a toxin eximus.

28 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Maybe if it causes them to lose on-stream lol

Nah, they've been pretty brazen with their health bars being infinite.
Y'know, because bothering to learn their own game and realize how broken Shields are would be asking too much.
Especially for someone who's whole schtick is firing up an official Twitch Stream and ADVERTISING THEIR OWN GAME.
You'd think they'd at least get someone capable of like... showing cool aspects of the game. I could run Prime Time for that matter and it'd be way better!

I'd guess that's half the reason they play Warframes like Revenant.
So they can avoid people calling them out for it.

It's also why I get pretty bored of watching them.
They barely have ANYTHING interesting going for gameplay and it always feel forced for commentary.

• Like 2

On 2024-09-12 at 3:34 PM, Swimmerguy93 said:

Make it a milestone reward, after playing the game for 10 years, to get excalibur prime! It was given for supporting the game through a purchase, I'd argue playing the game for 10 years is more support. Sucks that as I kid I didn't know of that limited time offer and now can never truly complete the warframe collection. 

I kind of agree with this, but we 10 year players should get only the mastery from those items, 12k in total.

On 2024-09-12 at 8:00 PM, [DE]Sam said:

Voruna can Melee Attack during Ulfrun's Descent

I wonder why it has to be fixed. I've played a little bit in simulacrum and it's just part of melee (normal (not block) attacks, slams). You can do something with that "part melee". However it's much easier to just do your melee OR just Voruna/4th.

I wonder why this has to be fixed but something like Kullervo's teleport having problems teleporting (invert tap/hold > taping) is ignored.

Why not make it a feature? Pressing E(+block+arrows/wsad) or heavy attack during 4th will execute melee attacks BUT not Voruna/4th jump (now when you "E" at enemy it do voruna/4th jump AND melee attack).

• Like 1

On 2024-09-12 at 1:34 PM, Swimmerguy93 said:

Make it a milestone reward, after playing the game for 10 years, to get excalibur prime! It was given for supporting the game through a purchase, I'd argue playing the game for 10 years is more support. Sucks that as I kid I didn't know of that limited time offer and now can never truly complete the warframe collection. 

I mean i get what you're saying and I get the DE wants to keep him rare(for some reason) but even just being able to trade him(even if it had some condition) would be so nice

Awesome news that there are code fixes in the works for the next update. The melee animation bug in particular has been driving me bonkers.

Not to be an apologist or anything here, but it's normal for developers to do a hotfixing freeze in the lead-up to a major release. The fact they are sharing their workflow with us at this level of detail shows how much faith they have in us, and how they want to be accountable. Further, if there is a bug that requires a code change and not just a script or asset change, the game executable has to go through certification to be allowed to be distributed on consoles, which is expensive and can take weeks. Restricting that process to certain milestones (such as 2x per year) helps make the costs predictable, and that's important if you want Warframe to continue existing.

The quest we got for the Lotus Eaters was a bit disappointingly short, yes. It did accomplish an important story goal, however. I've noticed that as I continue to play, that story is continuing to unfold in subtle and emotional ways. Think about it from the point of view of the Operator and Drifter, and you may see what I mean.

• Like 2

DE, can you give us 2 shoulders attachment parts (Left and Right side) instead of 1??? (For example, the Deathmark Shoulder) I see no point of having 1 shoulder only.

If we have 2, we would have the options to choose left or right side, or equipping both.