The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why nerf slam wukong

Why nerf something on 1 specific frame when there are other frames doing thee exact same thing, Ie slam wukong nerfed yet voruna is doing the same exact thing just without Iframes and I get you can roll outta the slam animation but atp your just killing the playabilty of said frame when it comes to tht specific playstyle which is just redundant bc there is another frame in the game tht is doing the exact same thing without a draw back of having to wait for heavy slam animation to be done in order to cast the ability tht gives her invisibility. Imo the slam nerf wasn't needed and wukong was targeted bc said build has been getting to much recognition.

37 minutes ago, Pakaku said:
59 minutes ago, GypsyManeCarlos said:

yet voruna is doing the same exact thing just without Iframes

Alright, show me where all of the Vorunas doing the exact same setup are

Same here. I'm hella confused. All is voruna doing is hitting with slash in AoE. She isn't immortal (like wukong), she cannot use melee (well, comfortably, she can, but that will be 99.9% removed as well; and that melee is reduced to stuff like normal attack or normal slams - aka no heavy slams; it's far from perfect, it's "usable" for very few weapons/arcanes, I've made topic about it somewhere).

And I don't understand slamkong idea. Like you get immortality + damage? That's it?

53 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Alright, show me where all of the Vorunas doing the exact same setup are

True Vorunas are all too busy feeling the surge of the 5 Lemon Tau shards coursing through their veins to do whatever they're suggesting.

2 hours ago, GypsyManeCarlos said:

voruna is doing the same exact thing just without Iframes and I get you can roll outta the slam animation but atp your just killing the playabilty of said frame when it comes to tht specific playstyle which is just redundant bc there is another frame in the game tht is doing the exact same thing without a draw back of having to wait for heavy slam animation to be done in order to cast the ability tht gives her invisibility

Invisibility is not invincibility, and you can't spam it quite as fast. Keep in mind - you can still use your existing build for this, you just can't spam slams from the animation cancel anymore. Given the build I just saw is reaching the integer damage cap limit, I'd say that's valid to prevent it from doing that much damage every single second. Waiting an extra 2s to use cloud walker (which gives you invuln and movement as well) seems perfectly reasonable to prevent it from being excessively disruptive / spammy, especially in squads.