Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.2

[DE]Danielle

Ty so much for the Conservation fix, it was BADLY needed.

I do have some concerns with the Steel Path Infested Oni. Its damage attenuation seems to be cranked extremely high, akin to the old Archon tuning. While perhaps a reasonable challenge for late-game players, being an early-access mission on Earth might not be the best introduction for newcomers to Steel Path, especially while using the Deimos Grey Strain rather than standard Infested. I can run 2 or 3 standard missions in the time it takes me to complete 1 Steel Path variant, at least while solo. Perhaps this could use another review in terms of balancing?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Nova’s Molecular Prime Speed wave now grows at the same rate as its Slow wave. 

So basically what you did was REVERSE the changes done yesterday -- in spite of the criticism obtained from this message and thread: 

...and by making the wave go back to the same speed between slowva and speedva -- never mind ignoring a neutral Nova build -- you basically made my Neutral build once again BE A NEUTRAL build!  No speed, no slow, they're just molecular primed.  

If this is a reversed the decision, then this is really poorly worded. 

14 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

This is ridiculous. The new behavior was totally fine. I was absolutely enjoying how well Nova played with the new fast cast. There was absolutely no need to do this after just dropping it.

Edit: Nova went from being absolutely amazing to same-old boring within the span of a day. This kind of change should have not happened at a whim. Revert the change back to the way it was. The reasoning given is absolute nonsense. Speeding up enemies should come at a cost and now that cost is gone and Nova has gone back to being very boring again.

It was a bad change and it is a good thing they reverted it. The slow moving lingering field would prime new enemies as they spawned in or out of it. When it was moving too fast it would prime a few enemies and disappear which meant you had to cast it 3x as often to get similar amounts of priming. It is your argument that is nonsense.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Removed the controller binding that applies a Legendary Core to a mod during Fusion to prevent players from accidentally selecting it. 

LOL

22 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Fixed cursor not snapping to the top slot of the Gear/Quick Access Wheels when opened using a keyboard and mouse.  

Thank god this was so obnoxious.

• Like 6

Thank you for fixing nova's speed wave. It would have tripled energy costs to get the same amount of priming since it would just tap the existing wave of enemies and disappear rather than lingering and priming multiple spawns.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Changed the Artax so that 20% of its Cold Damage does not combine with other Elemental Damage types. 

• This is so that it can always inflict Cold Status Effects no matter what other Mods are equipped. 

Thank you.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Resourceful Retriever not applying to Mining, Conservation or Fishing-specific rewards (Ore, Fish, Conservation Tags, etc).

thank you! I hope this is the precedent looking forward that it should work as a normal resource booster even though it reads differently... maybe consider changing the discription as not all resources gained are resources picked up.

20 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Nova’s Molecular Prime Speed wave now grows at the same rate as its Slow wave. 
  • With Koumei & the Five Fates, we made the Speed version grow faster than the Slow (they both travel the same distance, Speed just got there quicker). 
    • The thinking was that it would get to enemies quicker so that they can reach you faster for speedy destruction. It also added a visual difference between the Slow and Speed waves. However, we received feedback that this was not desirable because a faster wave has a shorter life span and had a greater chance of missing enemies compared to the Slow wave. So players had to spam cast it far more, making it costly and not as efficient. So we’ve reverted that in this Hotfix and now both waves grow at the same rate.

will play with this and see. I do feel like the scaling feels a little weird in general now... like you need a lot more range than before and that doesn't seem to be listed in the patch notes.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the Lyre-Worm’s Feast Blessing (invulnerable for 30 seconds) in Shrine Defense missions negating Wisp’s Motes buffs.

question about the blessings and their application coding in general.. currently it seems the entity you're currently in control of gets the blessing + every ally active on the battlefield (also in their respectively controlled entity be that controlled by AI or player inputs). Example: if I turn in an offering using my warframe, my warframe will get the blessing, but if I turn it in using the operator (which I usually do because they're much faster with void sling) the operator gets the blessing and I basically have no benifit from it as soon as i swap back into my warframe because I'm no longer controlling the operator now. Are there plans to give the blessing to all the entities related to the player in the future to aliviate this issue?

29 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed cursor not snapping to the top slot of the Gear/Quick Access Wheels when opened using a keyboard and mouse.

thank you for this! my mouse being at a rondom point on my screen whenever I opened the gear wheel was really annoying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

It was a bad change and it is a good thing they reverted it. The slow moving lingering field would prime new enemies as they spawned in or out of it. When it was moving too fast it would prime a few enemies and disappear which meant you had to cast it 3x as often to get similar amounts of priming. It is your argument that is nonsense.

That's the whole point. The new fast cast meant you had to build around it if you wanted to keep using it. Not only did it improve Nova's overall design significantly as well as improving the overall gameplay, it also meant you couldn't just spam everything all the time and nuke the whole map without good energy management because the field lasts forever. I loved how the new fast cast meant that I could also really be on the move with Nova in general missions rather than having to be pinned down to a spot waiting for the enemies to come to me. Nova needed to be more than just some "defense" frame to bring the enemies to you and the new fast cast fixed all of that. Now that the new fast cast is gone Nova has gone back to being extremely boring again.

And I know what some people are going to say "oh, they can just add an augment to bring it back" and to that I say is absolutely not. This need to be part of her kit because it's absurd how fast Nova got shafted after getting a really good rework.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

...and by making the wave go back to the same speed between slowva and speedva -- never mind ignoring a neutral Nova build -- you basically made my Neutral build once again BE A NEUTRAL build!  No speed, no slow, they're just molecular primed.  

we can't build neutral nova anymore. 20% is the lowest you can go.

and no they literally just changed the wave travelling speed lmao

• Like 5

The conservation patch is nice. However, capturing Velocipods after sleeping them (at least with Ivara's arrow) seems to be bugged, and softlocks you.

Edit: It appears that Ivara's sleep arrow doesn't even let you capture a velocipod. It just locks you into riding them.

Edited by SpaceDragonSherman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JargenBakt said:

That's the whole point. The new fast cast meant you had to build around it if you wanted to keep using it. Not only did it improve Nova's overall design significantly as well as improving the overall gameplay, it also meant you couldn't just spam everything all the time and nuke the whole map without good energy management because the field lasts forever. I loved how the new fast cast meant that I could also really be on the move with Nova in general missions rather than having to be pinned down to a spot waiting for the enemies to come to me. Nova needed to be more than just some "defense" frame to bring the enemies to you and the new fast cast fixed all of that. Now that the new fast cast is gone Nova has gone back to being extremely boring again.

And I know what some people are going to say "oh, they can just add an augment to bring it back" and to that I say is absolutely not. This need to be part of her kit because it's absurd how fast Nova got shafted after getting a really good rework.

You made up that entire argument for what it was supposed to be about. We were already building around slow and speed in separate builds. The rework was so we could use both slow and speed in the same build. And nova's 4th augment was given the extra effect to make null stars prime enemies so you could prime enemies on the move as you say you want to do. Now you can run around and spam her 1 to prime enemies near you instead of spamming 4.

Your argument amounts to nothing more than "make her tedious to build and give her energy problems"

• Like 4

hace 45 minutos, [DE]Danielle dijo:
  • Fixed equipping certain Sigils (notably the Cephalon Simaris Sigil) making the Ostarus Headgear and Maru Obi Syandana appear as a solid color. 

Oof, I had already gotten my hopes up, thinking that I had decided to change the ephemera for syandanas 😢

So I ask again, could you make this possible?, please!

Edited by Lyblac

47 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Nova’s Molecular Prime Speed wave now grows at the same rate as its Slow wave. 
  • With Koumei & the Five Fates, we made the Speed version grow faster than the Slow (they both travel the same distance, Speed just got there quicker). 
    • The thinking was that it would get to enemies quicker so that they can reach you faster for speedy destruction. It also added a visual difference between the Slow and Speed waves. However, we received feedback that this was not desirable because a faster wave has a shorter life span and had a greater chance of missing enemies compared to the Slow wave. So players had to spam cast it far more, making it costly and not as efficient. So we’ve reverted that in this Hotfix and now both waves grow at the same rate. 

Sad. Please revert this. It completely made sense for the speedy wave to travel faster, to help bring in far-away enemies more quickly. People only complained because they don't understand the way the ability works, that it's an expanding wave that gradually tags enemies.

This is a huge nerf to Nova and spoils the rework quite a bit.

Edited by SteveCutler

1 minute ago, Redrigoth said:

Your argument amounts to nothing more than "make her tedious to build and give her energy problems"

Nova was one of the easiest characters to build and never had energy management problems. And as far as tedious goes, what part of "relegated to defense" do you not understand? I spent the last twenty four hours playing Nova on the new mission type in steel path and I had an absolute blast with the new mechanics. Now it's all gone and I'll never get to enjoy that again. I've never seen a frame get nerfed so hard so fast before.

Nova's 4th now after you spawn it not showing the duration count in seconds.  Are you trying to destroy the best warframe in the entire game? Ember heirloom signa still not fit well in ember heirloom skin. you cannot make it goes higher or lower but it goes back and front in hers head

• Like 1