Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Because, eventually, every weapon will be put into that category, unless they're properly balanced.

As stated by Cytobel (a reasonable way to fix the Brakk):

Horray!  Another weapon to throw away and NEVER AGAIN USE!  Because reducing base damage to balance the numbers is clearly for sissies.

I'd like my 2 Formas back now.  Seriously.

Falloff is too severe a nerf to apply to any weapon.  As it stands, falloff = dead gun.  At ranges where enemies (aside from Infested, and they're never frightening with doom cannon shotgun damage [which falloff "fixes", remember}) become letal, falloff is still ripping the guts out of everything it's applied to.  The Volt proved the point: if it's only useful against one faction, then for the majority of the game it's a worthless item (also, why use it if it's been nerfed into the ground?).  The issue is that falloff has NEVER fixed the problem, but instead SEVERELY polarized whatever it touches.

Damage 2.0 was a chance to fix problems like this BEFORE they got so stupidly overwhelming (aside from the "Q.Q I no can haz, plox NERF into ground, kthx", but that's the issue with exclusive content).  Instead of really attacking the root cause of shotgun-type weapons being so destructive (i.e.: rediculous base damage), we see the same knee-jerk responce that rendered these guns obsolete to begin with.

DE:  High base damage = higher modded damage.  If you want the damage lower, you make the base damage lower.    

And speaking of damage (2.0), we have a number of damage holes in the system.  Older weapons aren't seeing the play they deserve because they don't have the damage to make it worth the effort.  But worse still is Our Lord and Savior, Proc Chance.  This one little stat is the root cause of most of the play styles you see in game today.  It effects too much of the base game.  Whatever happened to melee ground slam causing knockdown?  Proc'd.  Why are these elemental "damage" mods not causing damage?  Proc'd.  Why am I dying with an almost full shield?  Proc'd.  Stalker?  Proc'd.

To clarify my stance, I believe that the Proc on Slash, Penetrate, and Impact are good to have.  I also approve of seeing the combo elemental effects set purely to proc.  I have issues with base attack effects (melee knockdown attacks, or SOME elemental damage from a weapon that has just the one elemental mod) bowing to Almighty Proc.  This is a game where EVERY action is skill based.  Why is the damage of an attack at the tender mercy of RNG, let alone some invisible yardstick (in the curious case of falloff)?

P.S.:  Purely elemental weapons.

I love having a flamethrower.  I am confused my the 1% chance to light things on fire with a stream of flame.  Similarly, other ranged elemental weapons have this issue.  Worse still is the melee elemental weapon concept.  If it's melee, then why not just take away all the damage ever by making it all elemental instead of using these wonderful Slash, Penetrate, or Impact stats that 2.0 introduced?  Ohh, and that way we make it suck really badly unless it proc's!  Yay proc!

What's the point of damage 2.0 if you're not using it (aside from Proc)?

Though I doubt this part will ever be read, here's a silly idea.  The old auto-proc idea seems like it'd work really well for a purely elemental gun.  If other types of mods are thrown into the mix (radioactive Ignis, anybody?), then simply apply the proc to the mixed element.  Keep lighting those Grineer candles, but occasionally confuse 'em when you do so.  Damage too high?  Then REDUCE THE BASE DAMAGE A BIT.

For elemental melee, there's the round-file option.  I don't care if the poison on the Dual Ichor is bad.  Getting hit with something shapped like that would HURT.  Where's the pain?

B.T.W., 30% damage mods for main guns in adorable, but I'd like to out-damage a pistol with a rifle.  The pistols are doing just fine when it comes to damage, so maybe 60% is a good number.  Just pointing it out.

Shotguns need to have falloff cut back to managable levels, and base damage reduced.  30% damage falloff at max, starting at 15m-25m (depending on the gun) would more than make up for the fact that the spread mechanic can be bypassed by Hell's Chamber IF base damage numbers were a little lower to begin with.  Need Proof?  Brakk had a base damage of 50/50/50.  People screamed that their shotguns sucked in comparison.  Maybe this is because falloff just sucks.

"Q.Q" doesn't mean the nerf option must always be applied, but I actually agree that the Brakk was doing too much damage WHEN YOU BUILT NOTHING BUT DAMAGE, and had gotten both multi-shot mods.  By the by, with the way the game works, that's what you do.  Those who don't, die.  Funny how that is.

Finally, please note the fact that I cared enough to make a major point of this, and in the patch note comments to boot.  I did this because I actually care about the issues at hand.  Proc chance is ruining what damage 2.0 could be.  Falloff has eaten an entire group of weapons, and what came out of it's south end aren't worth the hassle.  And people always cry about what they can't get access to.  Points of fact.

If you fail to see reason after reading that, then you're simply blind.

Yeah, I agree with method of fixing the Brakk and the statements made about mechanics. There are a lot of things about damage 2.0 that simply don't make sense to me. I think you over-nerfed the Brakk, given how difficult (read: time consuming) it was to obtain. It's also relatively exclusive. The delay in this nerf was far too long, imo, for there to be such a drastic change to the mechanics of the gun. I could see reducing the base damage a bit, but this damage falloff kinda sucks.

What's going to follow sounds harsh and I'm sorry for that, but there's no other way of saying it and until people realise this, your going to get the same problem time after time:

1. 100 missions was a ridiculous grind. I took one look and thought, I'm not gonna run the same mission 100 times...DE can stick that where the sun don't shine. I think the problem here is the people who did grind 100 missions. Why oh why did you all do those 100 missions. If you, like me had simply refused to do it, you would NEVER get a rubbish super mega grindy event like that again. So you only have yourselves to blame, and me, well I wish you hadn't done those 100 runs, cos you make it worse for us with the common sense to NOT participate in such rubbish.

2. New weapon released as part of event and it's "super good", so good in fact that you just cant wait to stick those forma on it time and time again. You know you got an endgame weapon that really OP in comparison to anything else. So then it's a SURPRISE that it got nerfed. Just how naive can a person be not to realise that this weapon was going to be quickly nerfed. So yeah, if you spent loads of forma on a totally overpowered weapon...you have only yourself to blame.

3. As for the wasted time....well that was wasted when you ran 100 missions the same, luckily I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I was one of those persons who ran 100+ missions.

As much as I hate to admit it, you are probably right with your first point.

I Forma'd my Brakk once. That's all I needed to put it from "Awesome" to "This is Disgusting!" I quit using my Brakk because it felt like I was cheating. The gun still does more damage than a fully modded Strun Wraith! It deserved to be nerfed, maybe not with damage falloff, but for Pete's sake, it's about time it got made a little more balanced! Brakk is more disgusting than the original version of Quick Thinking + Rage, in my opinion.

As for the wasted time many people are complaining about: You got an exclusive sidearm that not everyone can get. You got another 3k towards your Mastery. You didn't even know what the stats of the Brakk were going to be when you were running those 100 missions. DE could easily have nerfed it down like this before the Brakk was given out and no one would have been the wiser, and we still would have had an insanely OP sidearm and probably been just as happy with the gun we got. 

DE needs to do more balancing, actual balancing. NOT Nerfing! NOT Buffing! Balancing. I don't feel like what has happened with the Brakk is entirely fair, but I think it does bring it closer to being balanced without actually destroying it. Here's what I would considered balanced:

1. All the frames are mediocre AND all the weapons are super amazing

2. All the frames are super amazing AND all the guns are mediocre

3. Both Warframes AND Weapons are slightly above average.

4. (I like this one the best) Warframes and weapons have superior capabilities in the right situation, but cannot function perfectly in all situations. You pick the right tools for the job or work with others to cover your weaknesses.

DE, you don't seem to be consistent in what sort of vision you do have for the game. The roller coaster of buffs and nerfs and tweaks has left me completely unable to tell what you are going for. I do understand that if something is horrifically unbalanced, you need to make a large change to figure out where the ballpark numbers are, but it feels like you are just using "solutions" that you can implement easily, rather than ones that may take longer, but ultimately fix the real problem. I'm not saying this is what you are actually doing, but this is what it feels like to me.

Here's another thing: You have created a Design Council for a reason! Why not say "Hey guys, we've figured out that the Brakk is OP. We've decided we need to ratchet it's power down a few notches. Which of these three ways should we use to do so? A. Damage Falloff (10-20m) B. Weight the Damage towards impact and increase spread. C. Reduce the base damage by X amount." At the very least, players could pick which options are the most appealing when it comes to neutering the Frames/Weapons we collectively favor most. (Note: This is just an opinion, not a statement of fact.)

Also, why does everyone keep calling it a hand cannon? It doesn't shoot hands at all.

the brakk was our reward for a week long event y on earth would u take that away from us that worked so hard to get it??

so basicly i did 651 missions so u guys could take my reward from me? time to find a game that rewards my time invested in it !

the brakk was our reward for a week long event y on earth would u take that away from us that worked so hard to get it??

so basicly i did 651 missions so u guys could take my reward from me? time to find a game that rewards my time invested in it !

Why in the world did you do 651 runs?

Why in the world did you do 651 runs?

to push the greneer to a victory :D

and to make sure i got that weapon

i was in the 10 man clan that was in first place( on the greneer side)

Edited by Canas

So you're one of those disgusting people who were the reason we got a stomachgun instead of awesome Detronyeah

yeah i was lol. but the detron would be the same crap by now they would have nerfed it and everybody would be in the same situation.

and back then elements werent so inportant i rather have a powerfull gun that a full electric one coz of some enemies having high resists to it, but that was the old sistem :P

yeah i was lol. but the detron would be the same crap by now they would have nerfed it and everybody would be in the same situation.

and back then elements werent so inportant i rather have a powerfull gun that a full electric one coz of some enemies having high resists to it, but that was the old sistem :P

Heretic. Detron deals radiation damage, could be awesome.

Although, really, 600 missions is an enormous amount of time to invest. Wish I oculd invest so much time in the game these days, lol.

You nerfed Brakk by giving a damage fall on the higher ranges. Well actually good I love this weapon and I was waiting to going to test the weapon is it worth of forma after this nerf I haven't forma my own.

Because Brakk in nutshell should be something like Executioner from CoD BO2.

People keep referring to the Brakk as "OP" - I didn't find it over powered, I found it just "powerful". I also think that unless you are talking PvP, the term OP is a misnomer. You do not have an advantage over another player with a powerful weapon - because you play WITH each other, not AGAINST each other. I'd appreciate someone in my squad who doesn't have to stand there and reload their weapon 8 times to take down one enemy. I appreciated that I didn't have to do that either, and felt I could contribute more to my team-mates because they didn't have to baby-sit me.

My experience with the Brakk was after one forma and a catalyst, I could AT FIRST kill high level enemies in 2-3 shots. I think at some point it was stealth nerfed, because after a certain time those same enemies too almost a full clip, and in some cases I had to reload to finish them off. It was still powerful, though - I didn't complain or accuse (mainly because I didn't read anything about it - but this wouldn't be the first time something was silently nerfed). NOW, there is a nerf with an announcement. This nerf was not necessary, because the Brakk was not overpowered. It was just right. There are 20-30 high level enemies coming at you - why can't we have a weapon that can take them down quickly? Why do I have to stand there and fire on something so many times that by the time it drops it has came all the way across the map and in some cases is swiping at me for the last few shots? This game should go quicker, the enemies should die faster - the way the game goes, it is not productive to have to concentrate on one enemy for a long time. I could see if you had us fighting one-on -one - but we are fighting a frantic group of enemies, flooing our space - is it too much to ask to have something that can deal with them in a more speedy manner?

1. I was one of those persons who ran 100+ missions.

As much as I hate to admit it, you are probably right with your first point.

2. I Forma'd my Brakk once. That's all I needed to put it from "Awesome" to "This is Disgusting!" I quit using my Brakk because it felt like I was cheating.

3. As for the wasted time many people are complaining about: You got an exclusive sidearm that not everyone can get. You got another 3k towards your Mastery.

4. DE, you don't seem to be consistent in what sort of vision you do have for the game. The roller coaster of buffs and nerfs and tweaks has left me completely unable to tell what you are going for.

5. Here's another thing: You have created a Design Council for a reason!

Druindo, I have extracted parts of your post....(hope that's OK), to comment on the points you make in turn.

1. If you did 100+ carbon copy missions I understand, I don't think people who did it are stupid, but I do think they are trusting and unwilling to educate the developer. By playing along to get the rewards, DE think the type of event was OK and are likely to run another one. Also some of the posts made about the event at the time were massive reinforcers for DE to think "hey we got this event exactly right"...but no they didn't. The proof of that is the comments about "wasted time". If the event had been worth doing and fun to do, then people wouldn't have felt they were wasting their time, the comments would have been "well OK, it's been nerfed, but the event was damn good fun"....but it wasn't was it.

2. Well at least you only did it once and have probably experienced slightly delayed nerfing...the reason for the delay in nerfing I don't even think is sinister and I don't believe its a way to get you to spend more money. Thinking about it...I think DE are just far to casual about it. They don't realise that if your gonna Nerf something because you got it wrong....do it FAST, don't delay. It's a very laid back attitude at the communities expense and we shouldn't put up with it.

3. As I said in 1. yes you make a good point, but surely an event should be fun, running 100 carbon copy missions, isn't fun. I think DE can and should do better.

4. I think DE need to have an agreement with the community a "terms of reference" with respect to frames and weapons. If they don't resentment and mistrust increase. I'll give you 1 clause as a possible example. "we may from time to time rebalance frames and/or weapons", this will not affect weapons/frames already in the field and you will always be given the choice to retain the frame or weapon exactly as you bought it, or to click an option to allow it to become automatically upgradeable to the latest versions....this decision cannot be reversed"

In effect people who had a weapon at release that proved to be overpowered, could choose to never make it upgradeable, if it's nerfed, their weapon is unaffected. If however a rebalance debuffs one area and buffs another and they then choose to upgrade to latest version, the decision if final and the weapon (or frame) is now subject to normal updates at any time. This would bring some confidence back to the community and make DE careful (as they should be) about what they release rather than rushing out 100s of weapons in a few months.

5. Now this could be unfair to DE: yes they created a design council for a reason, but if I was cynical I would say the 2 main drivers for a design council was to get peoples money as founders and add some air of "consultation" to what they were going to do anyway. If you REALLY wanted to listen and consult with a design council, you wouldn't form it exclusively of founder members. That's just daft, the viewpoint you get is going to be massively skewed and not of much use.

We as a community need to clearly show DE what we like and what we don't....greed and a willingness to participate in stuff we know deep in our hearts is crap, only reinforces what they do. People didn't run 100 missions because it was fun, they did to get the exclusive weapon. if we know something is wrong and have the courage of our convictions to stand by them, we will get a lot less of this crap.

Well, that's an end to my laughing through T3 survival missions with Brakk. First, they neuter my Synapse+Electric Shield, then they turn Brakk into a melee weapon. Sigh...

Guess I'll have to find out if Acrid's still as good as it used to be.

You know what guys, people will start to leave not because of Brakk nerf.

But because of community.

Yes, you, whiner. Look at yourselves and your posts. Whining and crying because DE took away your "I win everything by just running around and shooting in the general direction of enemy" gun. If you want to play Warframe like that, please leave. And go play Call of Duty, we won't miss you. So only players that actually like co-operation or just hanging out with friends(like, using Bounce on Ancient so your buddy headshots him with Ogris) will stay, and we will be able to actually enjoy the game. You know how it's annoying when you want to shoot some Grineer goons and stuff, and all you can do is to spectate a no-life rushing with Brakk, obliterating everything with one shot from 20m-50m? And we don't care if you done 100 missions or 500. By leaving you will only do good to the community.

Gosh, all these "NOOOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BRAKK DE I HATE YOU QQ IM LEAVING!!!!1111" makes me want to punch babies... -__-

BUT - DE failed too in my honest opinion. Next time, give players SLIGHTLY more powerful weapons, with unique skin, shooting sounds, something like that. Not entirely new weapon, absurdly OP. So people will not get attached to it, will not get nerfed and no whine-thread like that will appear.

Event rewards should be for bling, bragging or whatever - or a completely unique weapon(like a heavy, single-shot crossbow - for example).

Edited by Roxorium

Druindo, I have extracted parts of your post....(hope that's OK), to comment on the points you make in turn.

1. If you did 100+ carbon copy missions I understand, I don't think people who did it are stupid, but I do think they are trusting and unwilling to educate the developer. By playing along to get the rewards, DE think the type of event was OK and are likely to run another one. Also some of the posts made about the event at the time were massive reinforcers for DE to think "hey we got this event exactly right"...but no they didn't. The proof of that is the comments about "wasted time". If the event had been worth doing and fun to do, then people wouldn't have felt they were wasting their time, the comments would have been "well OK, it's been nerfed, but the event was damn good fun"....but it wasn't was it.

<snip>

4. I think DE need to have an agreement with the community a "terms of reference" with respect to frames and weapons. If they don't resentment and mistrust increase. I'll give you 1 clause as a possible example. "we may from time to time rebalance frames and/or weapons", this will not affect weapons/frames already in the field and you will always be given the choice to retain the frame or weapon exactly as you bought it, or to click an option to allow it to become automatically upgradeable to the latest versions....this decision cannot be reversed"

In effect people who had a weapon at release that proved to be overpowered, could choose to never make it upgradeable, if it's nerfed, their weapon is unaffected. If however a rebalance debuffs one area and buffs another and they then choose to upgrade to latest version, the decision if final and the weapon (or frame) is now subject to normal updates at any time. This would bring some confidence back to the community and make DE careful (as they should be) about what they release rather than rushing out 100s of weapons in a few months.

<snip>

We as a community need to clearly show DE what we like and what we don't....greed and a willingness to participate in stuff we know deep in our hearts is crap, only reinforces what they do. People didn't run 100 missions because it was fun, they did to get the exclusive weapon. if we know something is wrong and have the courage of our convictions to stand by them, we will get a lot less of this crap.

Hmm, okay. I think I understand where you are coming from. I do agree that we should stick to our convictions.

After reading your response to that first point of mine and thinking for a little, I do have to agree wholeheartedly. When I was running through the Invasion event, I really wanted to slow down and explore the new tiles that were added, but I never really got this chance because I would have drastically slowed down my team (of course this was exacerbated by lag and glitches). 

I like your suggestion you made in point number 4. I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement, but I think that it would, at the very least, make me feel like my shiny new toys weren't going to end up changed horrifically with no recourse for me.

By the way, thank you for responding to my post in a thoughtful and kind manner, as well as explaining some of your thoughts regarding my own post.

Also, trimming my post down into smaller sections is perfectly alright, I generally do that myself in order to reduce major issues with walls of text. I'm also trimming my quote of your post down to the stuff I reply to to keep it brief. (I really do love the fact that you can click on the little curly arrow at the top of a quote to jump to the source of the quote.)

Hotfix 11.2.1:

Fixes:

- Fixed issues where FPS would deteriorate in long missions due to lingering ammo pickups & drops.

This is unfortunately reversed.  From testing the FPS deterioration is more severe than it was prior to the hotfix. The only thing that this attempt did, from what I can tell, is make ammo de-spawn quickly.  Thank you for starting to address this issue though, I hope you continue in the future.

Hellions are bugged. Their jetpacks that is.

I dunno what you did as explosions had too high range aoe already but Grineer jetpacks now explode for ranges like über skills - and for insane damage. I think this might be recent, since before this fix I haven't found this problem - even though I have played on Phobos.

Yes, you, whiner. Look at yourselves and your posts. Whining and crying because DE took away your "I win everything by just running around and shooting in the general direction of enemy" gun. If you want to play Warframe like that, please leave. And go play Call of Duty, we won't miss you. So only players that actually like co-operation or just hanging out with friends(like, using Bounce on Ancient so your buddy headshots him with Ogris) will stay, and we will be able to actually enjoy the game. You know how it's annoying when you want to shoot some Grineer goons and stuff, and all you can do is to spectate a no-life rushing with Brakk, obliterating everything with one shot from 20m-50m? And we don't care if you done 100 missions or 500. By leaving you will only do good to the community.

Gosh, all these "NOOOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BRAKK DE I HATE YOU QQ IM LEAVING!!!!1111" makes me want to punch babies... -__-

BUT - DE failed too in my honest opinion. Next time, give players SLIGHTLY more powerful weapons, with unique skin, shooting sounds, something like that. Not entirely new weapon, absurdly OP. So people will not get attached to it, will not get nerfed and no whine-thread like that will appear.

Event rewards should be for bling, bragging or whatever - or a completely unique weapon(like a heavy, single-shot crossbow - for example).

Guess what, you are whining about whiners.

GODDAMN WHY DID YOU NERFED BRAKK.

This was the only weapon that kept me in that game. Well i guess game without buffs deserved to be abandoned.

Needless to say other event weapons as StrunW and SnipertrinV are now complete and utter sh*t no one uses anyway. So why did we need to tryharding running 100 missions to get one sh*tass toy guns?

F*ck this policy of total grinding, seriously, don't treat us like slaves that would accept any of your bs

Can you whine some more...

Well damn, so how am I supposed to express my strong dissatisfaction about Warframe community?

Tell me.

Why do you complain about other people voicing their dissatisfaction in the same manner as you are doing when it concerns them?

That's called being a hypocrite.

Looking at the numbers, Brakk's nerf wasn't too bad, the fall off damage will hurt though. But eh, I can still get 1k ele damage on it.

Also, to all who are crying. Just remember, we didn't get a crappy shotgun pistol that shoots radiation. (Which is only good against Robotic enemies.)

Your novice, stop accusing weeping, weeping alone because you are you did not get the deptron, by playing in the losing side!!

This is whining, but I too will contibute and say I'm dissapointed in making Brakk a shotgun rather what it supposed to be - a hand canon.

The event was fun, but making the required 100 missions wasn't that easy, It took a lot of time and I was glad to be rewarded with something worthwile like Brakk. And it is not like it is the only weapon I use, I got tons of them and usem them frequently depending on a type of mission.

Reevaluation of enemy levels and damage 2.0 made it less effective, so why the sudden damage drop-off. In my opinion this change is an overkill.

People wasted Formas on this weapon and liked to have a sidearm for when the need comes. And all the people glad that it got so downgraded, don't tell me that there wasn't a time when someone saved Your "behind" using this, I know I did on many occasions when the heat was too high.

Edited by tocorro

Well damn, so how am I supposed to express my strong dissatisfaction about Warframe community?

Tell me.

You can start by showing a tiny bit of respect, or at least restraint, instead of basically saying that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a noob and should go play CoD (by the way, I didn't see that one coming! Comparing these 2 games... you're reaching don't you think?)

I'd really love to see a video showing one of those "no-life rushing with Brakk" obliterate "everything with one shot from 20m-50m" when a pack of 30 high-level enemies goes to town on them... This gun was useful for this, it was pointless to use it in low-medium levels, because many other guns can easily obliterate everything then. Are you going to call me a CoD-loving noob now? Tell me to just piss off because my opinion differs from yours? Or are you going to judge me because apparently you had some "no-life rushing with Brakk" in your party? I'm sorry if that happened to you, I really am, but I don't think it justifies you lashing out on the ENTIRE community. Some people use the Brakk to kill everything, some use it wisely or only when necessary, because they know that it can take the fun from the game for others in their parties. That's what I do, or used to anyway, because unlike you I respect other players and their opinions, even when I don't like said opinions.

GAWD, what a MEH update. Come back when you've fixed and replaced everything and nerfed the OP weapons and OP'd the nerfed weapons.

(sarcasm in case you can't tell)

(keep on trucking DE)