Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

I honest;y feel cheated. Each time I forma something..they nerf it..acrid..brak...single vasto (boom dual vasto ...fuuu)

I don't even feel like using my forma anymore..not event he aklex. I see no point to use forma anymore. Another problem is if you add forma before the new damage system...you CAN'T move your polarized slot...meaning it can limit you to combine element or make it extremely troublesome...they need a new way to install the mod to give us the ability to combined them with what we want OR give us the ability to move polarity slot around...

Just used my brakk in an upper tier map... What an epic piece of crap.... I see I wasted my time doing a hundred runs + on an event.  THERE ARE SOOO MANY THINGS YOU COULD FIX AND YOU CHOSE TO NERF AN EVENT WEAPON INSTEAD.  Funny I didnt know DE was owned by TRION

Edited by CrimsonEpicado

being a mindless drone for the devs is not going to get you free platinum lol how about you go into REALLY high level gameplay and then you will see why the brakk needed to do the damage that it did. untill then dont talk you probably don't even have the brakk. which if you don't your opinion has no worth.

Pointlessly attacking me isn't warranted either. I do have the Brakk, as I have every other event weapon, including the open beta weekend Braton Vandal. Making false accusations about how I play and what I play with is ludicrous.

I've been around for a long time, and I have played T3 defense missions several times and it only includes a small selection of warframes and weapons. That's what 'high level play' is, pointlessly inflated numbers with absurd one-shot-kill enemies.

These reactionary comments do lead me to wonder if the community has devolved into these individuals clasping at their precious weapons. The game will change more. There will be new weapons that come out that are strong initially and receive the nerf stick. That's the order in which most game studios address dominant strategies (I.E. something being superior to everything else and removing a reason to use anything else). The reason the Brakk was adjusted was because of its high percentage of use in player telemetry and you guys are freaking out about it. I'd never expect this to come from the Warframe community. Hell, when there was an announcement of something getting nerfed in the oh-so-popular cawadoodie series, the man delivering the message received death threats.

Here's another thing: You have created a Design Council for a reason! Why not say "Hey guys, we've figured out that the Brakk is OP. We've decided we need to ratchet it's power down a few notches. Which of these three ways should we use to do so? A. Damage Falloff (10-20m) B. Weight the Damage towards impact and increase spread. C. Reduce the base damage by X amount." At the very least, players could pick which options are the most appealing when it comes to neutering the Frames/Weapons we collectively favor most. (Note: This is just an opinion, not a statement of fact.)

Yes, why not?  This seems like a great plan...  Except that we'd all vote damage falloff off the proverbial island {In a raft made of STD's.  And on fire.  And preferably into an ocean of pure hate}.

Wait...  WHY WOULD I ARGUE AGAINST THAT?!?

In all seriousness though, why add an un-fun mechanic to a game to improve the fun?  Damage falloff feels like a tacked-on last mintue hail-mary attempt at avoiding the base issue: damage is high because base damage numbers are high.  Period.  Most of the weapons feel like they were designed in completely different eras of thought, and this is because it is what happened.  You have direct upgrades sitting right next to their predecessors, while the Devs claim that both are viable (without mentioning that "viable" is a variable term).  Frankly, there needs to be some form of player-governed and -driven weapon balance/re-balance mechanic.

When it comes to the idea of tier gear (as Scott mentioned in a livestream), here's a thought:  Make Forma's capable of upgrading base stats, or add a "reforge" option to the Foundry.  This would allow players to update their favorite pieces of gear to modern use standards, and it would simplify matters for folks seeking "end-game" weapons.

If you had to "reforge" a Brakk 5-6 times (resetting the levels a la Forma) to make it the doom weapon it was, then perhaps it would be appropriate for it to mop the floor with most things below level 40.  Not that running over 100 Grineer missions wasn't working for it (a fact some of us seem to have missed).

Speaking of shifting things, why not base shot damage off of each pellet, rather than the whole burst?  Changing the order in which mods are applied may help balance things, and flatly reducing the damage numbers to managable, approachable chunks might make things simpler all around.  Then there's the fractional damage that could come out of the equation.

Also, if damage reads as:

Brakk:  5/5/5 x 10  (for instance)

then multishot could just turn the 10 into an 18, reducing the random computation somewhat further.  This makes the task of balancing a shotgun-style weapon even easier, since computing for set numbers is usually less of a hassle.  Now, I'm not saying that this isn't what already happened for multishot, but it seems as though tackling the shotgun issue is still too much to handle for the Devs.  I'm just trying to throw out suggestions.

Wait a minute, isn't this sort of thing what the Design Council is for?

Edited by Cytobel

It is pretty clear from reading the last 27 pages that you - DE - have some seriously angry and dissatisfied customers on your hands.

If you remove the couple fan boys with over 3k posts - the overwhelming majority here is pretty ticked off about investing real time and real money only to have it trashed by what is at best a cavalier indifference to your customer base or could just as easily be characterized as unethical and deceptive business practice. 

I don't care how you want to poo poo it but........

This is a real business and real money is changing hands and this indifferent callous treatment of your clients is a serious mistake.  Those EULAs will only protect you so far and if you must rely on them then it is already too late.

You should be very glad you are not based in Silicon Valley or your legal department at this point would be defecating large bricks.

There will be a backlash in the gaming media and perhaps in other less friendly forums - it is starting already - and you need to scramble to fix this and open your eyes before they are opened for you.

I hope you attend to this promptly and make an announcement to the community - sooner rather than later.

Thank you and Best wishes in resolving this

Here's a thought... if you change a weapon (or a frame) dramatically and there are formas in it, give us polarization tokens to use on other weapons.  Some other games I've played have compensated after re-balancing so the player can adjust and not lose any time re-leveling or starting over. (and those games were out of the beta phase even)

Edited by Ace_Kayo

You know...seriously....let's put this in perspective....for those who LIKE, say, the conclave/Dueling room idea..:

Enter match. Come around a corner at a respectable range with, say, a well-modded/forma'd Despair or Soma. See enemy. Both fire. You have got a fire rate (or charge rate if you using a bow).....other person points and clicks. You get, MAYBE, 2-3 shots in. Opponent, BOOM. One shot kill.

The Brakk...yeah. Was why I never bothered with Conclave anymore after that event. 

So, nerf Brakk so that at least your opponent has a CHANCE in HELL....BLOODY HECK YES!

Keep up the balancing, DE......

You know...seriously....let's put this in perspective....for those who LIKE, say, the conclave/Dueling room idea..:

Enter match. Come around a corner at a respectable range with, say, a well-modded/forma'd Despair or Soma. See enemy. Both fire. You have got a fire rate (or charge rate if you using a bow).....other person points and clicks. You get, MAYBE, 2-3 shots in. Opponent, BOOM. One shot kill.

The Brakk...yeah. Was why I never bothered with Conclave anymore after that event. 

So, nerf Brakk so that at least your opponent has a CHANCE in HELL....BLOODY HECK YES!

Warframe is not for PvP. It's primarily PvE game. I always thought Conclave idea and balancing around it would destroy everything that many people liked in this game.

Ehh yeah, when DE seriously starts balancing around Conclave they have definitely set on the path to Warframe's destruction, this is a PvE game with a majority of PvE players, frames, weapons, mods and abilities should be balanced around PvE, not Conclave.

Warframe is not for PvP. It's primarily PvE game. I always thought Conclave idea and balancing around it would destroy everything that many people liked in this game.

^ this. If they wanted to re-balance things for PvP sooo bad they would have separate stats on all warframes / powers / weapons that would apply only for the PvP mode.

Well, Brakk was fun while it lasted. Increased spread is fine, but the damage falloff kills it for me (still fun against infested, though).

Yay, FPS fix.

Exactly, I'll miss my hand cannon and accept the balance of the napalms that took a clip or two to kill but can gang up and drop me upsettingly fast...

I'll cope, I have plenty of good weapons. I just need to get used to being within hugging range with it. I mean it still makes total paste of anything it hits (for a while), and close up it will hit more with the spread. Its now another fun sidearm, just not the best anymore. And the countless other sidearms that never could even try to compete for 'best'(which there shouldn't be) need anti-nerfed, as I feel nerfs are the most frequent, soon© would be nice.

Thanks for the FPS fix, mmhm!

I dislike the FARMING ROUTE to this game because of how the loot tables in the Void is still crap...i am not even gonna try to get Ember Prime BP, Helm, Chassis, and 2 Orthos Prime Blades, until they FIX it...but until then, I will play here and there but not over excessively on this game, not to farm...its a waste of time and its boring how that is in that route. DE I hope this FARMING SESSION STOPS, but whatever just wasting my typing and thoughts. Let all the people who enjoys farming rant about this post begin, say what you will FARMING is just BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

^ this. If they wanted to re-balance things for PvP sooo bad they would have separate stats on all warframes / powers / weapons that would apply only for the PvP mode.

- ^ This right here.

Conclave will always be broken until they change the mechanics of how things work, just for conclave.Had nothing to do with Brakk or other strong weapons.

Like for instance,once you enter Conclave,everyone gain a certain amount of armor and shield boost, to counter-act hard hitting weapons. Since it's pvp and not pve, dramatically increasing armor and/or shield for Conclave would not be unbalanced.

Both parties will have more tanking to survive hard hitting weapons, avoiding the 2-3 shots, YOU LOSE!

I don't understand why something like this isn't implemented already.

Last game I played was a RPG, PK/PVP base. The system worked different for pve and pvp. You could hit mobs for like 100k crit, but max ever on even a no geared player would be like 25-30k, and again he would have to have no gear and little to no passives and that player doing that damage would have to have a +9 weapon or higher.

Here, it seems pvp and pve dmg on players and mobs are the same, which is dumb. I'm no conclave expert either, only tried it the first day then gave up on it. And I'm a pvp person.... The shooting aspect of this game keeps me entertain though, otherwise I wouldn't be playing.

It is pretty clear from reading the last 27 pages that you - DE - have some seriously angry and dissatisfied customers on your hands.

If you remove the couple fan boys with over 3k posts - the overwhelming majority here is pretty ticked off about investing real time and real money only to have it trashed by what is at best a cavalier indifference to your customer base or could just as easily be characterized as unethical and deceptive business practice. 

This is a real business and real money is changing hands and this indifferent callous treatment of your clients is a serious mistake.  Those EULAs will only protect you so far and if you must rely on them then it is already too late.

You should be very glad you are not based in Silicon Valley or your legal department at this point would be defecating large bricks.

There will be a backlash in the gaming media and perhaps in other less friendly forums - it is starting already - and you need to scramble to fix this and open your eyes before they are opened for you.

I hope you attend to this promptly and make an announcement to the community - sooner rather than later.

^^ +1

Go check the codex... Detron is a Radiation shotgun pistol... Radiation only hurts one thing, robotic. It's weaker then &!$$ still compared to the Brakk.

This is a common misconception.  Given that Radiation has no downside (enemies resistant to it) and bonuses versus flesh (10%) and robotics (50%, and not much is great versus robots...), it actually scales better than weapons with an equal amount of damage in all three physical damage types.

Yes, why not?  This seems like a great plan...  Except that we'd all vote damage falloff off the proverbial island {In a raft made of STD's.  And on fire.  And preferably into an ocean of pure hate}.

Wait...  WHY WOULD I ARGUE AGAINST THAT?!?

In all seriousness though, why add an un-fun mechanic to a game to improve the fun?  Damage falloff feels like a tacked-on last mintue hail-mary attempt at avoiding the base issue: damage is high because base damage numbers are high.  Period.  Most of the weapons feel like they were designed in completely different eras of thought, and this is because it is what happened.  You have direct upgrades sitting right next to their predecessors, while the Devs claim that both are viable (without mentioning that "viable" is a variable term).  Frankly, there needs to be some form of player-governed and -driven weapon balance/re-balance mechanic.

When it comes to the idea of tier gear (as Scott mentioned in a livestream), here's a thought:  Make Forma's capable of upgrading base stats, or add a "reforge" option to the Foundry.  This would allow players to update their favorite pieces of gear to modern use standards, and it would simplify matters for folks seeking "end-game" weapons.

If you had to "reforge" a Brakk 5-6 times (resetting the levels a la Forma) to make it the doom weapon it was, then perhaps it would be appropriate for it to mop the floor with most things below level 40.  Not that running over 100 Grineer missions wasn't working for it (a fact some of us seem to have missed).

Speaking of shifting things, why not base shot damage off of each pellet, rather than the whole burst?  Changing the order in which mods are applied may help balance things, and flatly reducing the damage numbers to managable, approachable chunks might make things simpler all around.  Then there's the fractional damage that could come out of the equation.

Also, if damage reads as:

Brakk:  5/5/5 x 10  (for instance)

then multishot could just turn the 10 into an 18, reducing the random computation somewhat further.  This makes the task of balancing a shotgun-style weapon even easier, since computing for set numbers is usually less of a hassle.  Now, I'm not saying that this isn't what already happened for multishot, but it seems as though tackling the shotgun issue is still too much to handle for the Devs.  I'm just trying to throw out suggestions.

Wait a minute, isn't this sort of thing what the Design Council is for?

THIS.  Why is it that out of these 28 pages, only a minute few have posted anything remotely constructive that isn't either filled with die-hard fan-syndrome or rabbid, mindless vitriol against the nerf of a frankly broken weapon.  The argument that it wasn't OP, it was just "top tier" is inane.  It wasn't just top-tier it invented its own new tier that resided in a plane of existence other side arms could only dream of.  It needed to be toned down, otherwise we'd just be having rants about power creep(which is already becoming a fairly notable problem in the game...) even sooner.  THIS is the sole idea in the pages i've read that offers an idea about how to perhaps better handle balancing issues as opposed to "Favorite gun nerfed, GAME IS F*CKING GARBAGE NOW, UNINSTALL, REFUND OR I SUE".

No...the EULAs are pretty solid in this situation.  Nobody would have any legal grounds against them, and you insinuating such as utterly asinine.  Indeed this is a real business and real money is exchanging hands - a fact I believe they are consistently more aware of than the majority of the player base.  Although it could have been handled better, that much most can agree on, most can also agree that some type of fix was needed as the Brakk seriously upset the balance of the game.  "Its the only weapon viable in t3 defense!"  Is something i've seen echo throughout this thread so far.  t3 defense was and still remains quite doable without the brakk.  It was just that, surprise surprise, for end-game content people actually had to think about the composition of their team and the synergy/roles between the frames as opposed to just say, running 4 valkyrs.

Thanks for the few fix, The brakk is a more balanced now and not overthetop...

Seems like playing with a bad connexion could be like before (a bit hard but we can take loot and open doors with some time)

But still some big things really annnoying how got to be fix :

- Arsenal bug : never desactivate the button in order to fix the unability to open arsenal after accept an invitation.

- Void rewards rate : refund it, who still need bronco barrel? And as said in all past hotfix topic, lot of us had stop void until a fix...

- Xini ancient's spawn problem : the ancient need to stop sleep at respawn, a bit boring to seek them at each waves > 8. :p

- Still some case of melee unability : One seems to occurs with Valkyr's Hysteria, I've been unable to use melee after been knockdown during hysteria's cast.