Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Boosted up my HEK. Loved it. Damage fall off added. Love lost.

Built and multi forma'd dual bronco. Love again but a little weak vs my HEK..

Earned brakk in event and got my wish for a stronger bronco. And like the bronco no fall off. Then this.

Tell me DE. Why reward us for our hard work, then make the rewards worthless?

Earned brakk in event and got my wish for a stronger bronco. And like the bronco no fall off. Then this.

That's life.

I just finished my fourth brakk forma.  However, I actually don't believe that I should have the most OP gun just because I didn't have to work that week.  Brakk should be good, and great with that many formas, but not the best.

However, if this is the first step towards trying to fix all the balancing so that the logical progression works:

starting guns < purchasable guns < research-able guns < end game guns, prime dropping, (not prime access guns <spit>) available with a higher than 10% drop rate for all parts per match

I'll be happy.  I'm trying to bring back that old thing people used to do of spitting when you refer to something horrible.

It is still strong. It just isn't so strong that it makes all other weapons unnecessary anymore.

Deal with it.

funny how you want us to deal with the change, but you were unwilling to live with its original stats. and now that ya'll got your way, you want us to be quiet and just accept it. um, selfish much?

The majority of the forum community makes me sad. It has a tendency to complain up a massive storm about how horrible this game is, yell at DE, show DE very little appreciation for all the work and thought they put into what they do, and then go off and play the game and come to realize that they actually do still like it, because whatever they were complaining about wasn't actually all that meaningful to them.

I remember when U10 came out, and everyone was upset about the stamina being nerfed. One of the first posters on that forum page ranted for about 1000 words, then claimed he would never play again. I played a game with him last night. Did he actually hate the game for all of the ways that DE "screwed up" Warframe? No. He still liked the game, because it was still the same core game that it was before, just with a mechanic changed in a way that he came to be used to (he makes great us of his stamina now).

That brings me to the Brakk. Yeah, damage fall-off is female dog in heat, but seriously? Are we, the forum community, going to get so riled up over this that many of us threaten to terminate our player-hood, merely because yet another weapon has been nerfed, yet others haven't been buffed? If the community is shallow enough to have their determining factor for how fun a game/weapon is be the amount of damage their weapon can do, then why would DE want them to be playing their game? If Warframe can get ruined by something that simple, then the problem isn't in the nerfing, it is in the game itself, and in the opinions of the players. I, for one, enjoy this game. Do I feel disgruntled when things I love get nerfed? Yes. Yes I do. Do I complain and quit the game because of it? No. Why? Because I like the game for its play value, not for the specific damages of the weapons. But maybe that's just because I like a challenge, I don't like one-shotting everything without having to pay much attention to where I am aiming (I like snipers, however, because they are one-shoters that take skill). I like the game for its play value, not for its individual characteristics, and I think I speak for the majority of the players that continue to play this game when I say that.

That all being said, I do feel that DE has some things to fix. Lots of things to fix. And they know it. Are they working on it? The answer, at least according to them, is yes, and for the most part, their actions seem to actually follow what they claim. Damage 2.0 was something that many people dislike (no-idea why, I think it is wonderful), but it was put in to address something that DE felt was a short-coming on their part, and something that many players have come to both enjoy, love, and prefer to the past. One thing that I will consent to DE never having fixed is the farm-y aspect of the game, but I will even accept that as okay, because who needs everything? Should your favorite things be enough?

Also, DE is doing a wonderful job with the creating of a wonderful universe - and if you are going to obsess about some nerf or another being horrible, then you probably don't care about this beautiful aspect of the game, and, as I stated before, you aren't really the right kind of people for this game. Or any well-crafted masterwork.

I should probably not scour the forums late at night - I tend to rant at people for their stupidity, and am more prone to do so late at night.

This is a common misconception.  Given that Radiation has no downside (enemies resistant to it) and bonuses versus flesh (10%) and robotics (50%, and not much is great versus robots...), it actually scales better than weapons with an equal amount of damage in all three physical damage types.

Radiation only gets bonus against Robotics. It doesn't get any extra damage from any other. Also, the detron would almost never do more Damage compared to the Brakk, given they use the same mods. So, I don't know how you got these numbers. Yeah, no enemy is resisant to it, but if my brakk is doing at least 300 damage in each damage type. I'm sure it'll do much more then a single damage type, against a tri-damage type.

Ahem, Beta. That is all.

well well what i should say i hope DE holds up with there f2p model cause its the game that is really near f2p compered to other with a huge range but back to route DE pls ~.~ adjust the dmg and may the spread of weapons aka shotguns but fall off for god sake we in the universe shut down the gravity >.>

As I said before, and will say again, I don't fully understand weapon nerfs in a 95% PvE game,, in a game like this what is so bad about "winning harder than others" In the end your team still wins, People just get upset when they aren't on the top of the dmg at the end.

And also all these people calling for nerfs on the brakk, are you guys insane? Have you forgotten about the Strun Wraith? Say what you will, but it was and still is another one of these so called "OP" weapons.

But another thing is this, why do all guns have to have a specific and relative power? You keep trying to keep ALL weapons mostly on par, what is wrong with having a few much stronger weapons for higher end content? weapons designed to go against those level 50+'s in survival? Instead you keep trying to keep everything balanced around easy access tier and make it so no one can have a weapon too overly powered compared to other weapons. Even the Soma, after getting pushed to a higher mastery then also took a nerf? should higher mastery weapons not be more powerful?

-weapons shouldnt have a trend of "one being way stronger than all of them", weapons shouldnt also be getting steadily stronger at the rate they were

-Have you forgotten abouto the strun wraith? it has been nerfed MANY times, it is no longer the 170 damage 50 crit chance shotgun it was on release. its still a fanatisic gun however and fits well into the arsenal of shotguns while not being max dps. if anything, the strun wraith is a great example of where event weapons should be, DE should have just made it that way on release

-as for higher mastery weapons "what mastery exactly is the brakk?"

-weapon balancing should be done with all the weapons, that takes times, look at when damage 2.0 came out, that was a great step forward in terms of weapon balance, even if it wasnt perfect

- if one weapon is so strong that it makes all other weapons almost entirely irrelevant, it should indeed be nerfed, then all the weapons can be considered and buffed appropiately.

-when the time comes for a higher tier of weapons, DE should decide them with choices, and while yes event weapons should be near/on that tier, they should not be better. that way, event weapons are still unique/viable, but we actually have a choice on what weapons we want to use. the nova(rhino)/soma/brakk/galatine loadout shouldnt be the only loadout needed ever 

-damage 2.0 is a HUGE work in progress and obviously there are oversights, weapons will be nerfed/buffed constantly, but you cant expect a weapon (or anything really) to be a tier above everything else and be immune to nerfs, advantages should come with drawbacks, no matter the weapon

-BE PATIENT, the brakk and every other gun/warframe may very well see numerous changes, give DE a bit more time to see where things are going.

-at least you enjoyed the easy mode of having an exclusive gun that was better than the rest right? or is that fun non appliciable because you have to move on to another weapon for the time being 

Nah.. Majority can tell you are the hater here. You say you happily use you Brakk but most likely you are playing in low level missions with lousy mods? I can tell that you are very PROUD of your not forma-ed Brakk. TROLLED

Don't be such a little kid here. Judging by your Founders rank, I can tell you have no $ to donate to the game. Who is the little boy now?.

1. I just played Brakk first in a level 60+ alert and then during a T3 Capture. It did flawlessly, because I didn't sit there and cry about its fall off. I actually got up close and personal with it. Thanks to its high damage+pellets+Proc chance, I was able to easily keep down the Capture target with Blast and had no problem covering my teammates with it as well.

2. If I'm the "hater", then I'm hating on people who are crying salty waterfalls over a nerf that was needed. I'll happily Hate on people like that. Like you.

3. You assume I don't have money because I'm a disciple? Doesn't that mean I HAVE money, and am willing to spend some of it on this game? I'm sorry I'm too frugal to throw hundreds of dollars towards just -one- game when I could split my spending money across many other games. I have multiple consoles, a gaming rig PC that just needed an upgrade, a family I tend to spend money on, a girlfriend that needs to be catered to by a man that DOESN'T waste all his money on video games, and college fees constantly nagging over my shoulder.

I put down a little money on this game to show I support it. I didn't put it down to show I have money. Infact, long ago (before you even joined Warframe infact), I stated that I would remove my Disciple badge if it meant people would treat me like a normal person, because that's what I am - normal. DE_Rebecca even PMed me asking if I really wanted it removed. But I decided against it, because I wanted to show I supported this game.

You assume much, and know little. But hey, I can do it too. Seeing as you only have 241 posts and been here only since March, I can say without a doubt that you don't know a damn thing you're talking about, while I, the one with over 1k posts and been here since Feb, may actually know a bit more than you do. Yeah, see how dumb that sounded? Unlike you, I can call myself out as an idiot for assuming I'm smarter than you because of my activity on the forums. Unlike you, I don't fling money at things and think I'm superior because of it.

Now sit down, boy.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I'm actually really sad about the Brakk nerfs. The gun was outstanding and worth the grind of 100 missions in the Gradivus Dilemma. Now its damage and range nerfed makes the gun a marshmallow pistol. At least make a happy medium between it's current state and the pre-nerf state.

Edited by LoveYourEnemy