Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every 5 Minutes/waves Equals 1 Mission.

SargarasB

that would be great. So that there is some incentive to stay longer in an invasion mission type.

indeed!

and more experienced players would greatly appreciate being able to stay longer in these missions in order for the game to not be... super dull.

it gets boring to leave every 5 waves / minutes, as neither misssion type really even starts to get interesting until atleast 10, sometimes 15.

edit:

oh, let us not forget that since the mission continues to increase in difficulty as you stay longer, it's actually 'harder' to stay than it is to repeat the same mission over and over.

everyone wins!

Edited by taiiat

I'd love to see more than just Endless defense be used for these Infested Invasion missions. (Mobile defense, Survival and Extermination, specifically.)

Regardless, this is a great step in the right direction.

You haven't played many of them huh...

Ext survival and MD are all in there already.

Edit: sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, not meant that way! Just wanted to point out they are out there already ^^

Edited by BrainInvader

You haven't played many of them huh...

Ext survival and MD are all in there already.

Edit: sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, not meant that way! Just wanted to point out they are out there already ^^

Good to know. All the ones I've played (At random) have been strictly Endless defense.

that would be great. So that there is some incentive to stay longer in an invasion mission type.

There is the same incentive as in any other survival/defense. Only you can't really do it in a random group since most people just want the battle payment.

There is the same incentive as in any other survival/defense. Only you can't really do it in a random group since most people just want the battle payment.

yes, because there's a special mission on that sector, with a special reward.

it's basically a counter of how many missions you've played. a fetch quest. 'fetch me 5 missions and i'll give you some magic XP that falls from the sky'. 

improving the experience of this fetch quest in any way possible can't be bad.

If they decide to keep the invasions going, this is definitely a proposal worth considering. How about providing players with one battle pay point for each 5 minutes in survival as well?

+1

I'd rather have a megaexterminate with 500 enemies instead of 5 misions with 100 for the same reason.

Ooooo! I love the idea! This definitely has my support!

Doesn't this just further erode other reasons for playing something other than ED/Survival?

Because I can tell you, some missions take longer than 5 minutes. Especially on higher difficulties. You can blaze through any mission in Mercury in 5 minutes, but Pluto? Not so much. Sometimes just the running to evac can take a couple minutes, depending on the level gen.

I personally feel like, right now, there are almost no reasons to play anything other than ED or Survival. They're more intense, have better more consistent rewards, better pacing, are open-ended and focus on the thing that really makes Warframe shine: chaotic mass combats.

None of the other missions even compare. So to the min/maxer in me, this would be the nail in the coffin of other missions. Why would I spend 8 minutes getting the rewards in a normal mission for what I can get in 5 minutes in ED/Survival....and keep going? For a game built on grinding, it doesn't make sense to make 1 or 2 mission types out of 10 be more rewarding than any others.

I like the idea. I just feel like mathematically, it's not going to result in more balanced mission usage by players. It's just going to make the missions everyone currently thinks are the best even more rewarding in comparison to other missions. In the end, I also don't think it would solve the "5 minutes then leave" problem. In fact, straight up telling players 5 minutes = 1 other mission would just encourage them to min/max 5 minute runs even more.

And for the record, I consider Survival boring if I haven't been there for at least 15 minutes. ED doesn't even really start to get interesting until Wave 15 unless you're grossly underleveled.

Edited by Nenjin