Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.6.0

[DE]Rebecca

Stug's glob is always white with energy colour only appearing as a flourish on it's surface, after trigger it also explodes white.

For you effectively trolling with the "don't change the droprate" retort he was polite. In fact I'm surprised how polite he was and how weak your reply is.

I wasn't trolling about the "don't change the droprate". This gun is supposed to be a "not easy to get" weapon so why should they fix the droprate when there are people out there who managed to get it ?

There are people who doesn't want to work hard or spend a lot of time to get what they want and often look for the easiest way to get it. But you don't always get what you want.

Selfish selfish selfish! Or a liar perhaps either way u are really annoying!

If you look here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158993-finding-out-how-to-spawn-the-harvester/

You can find people helping each other to find a way to make the Harvester Spawn. I wrote there how I managed to make him spawn so no, I'm not selfish.

Yeah, I was totaly bored with my 5 Formad Synapse. Like I was bored with Brakk. I hear that people with Strun Wrath are still going strong though. Please add more utery useless and non fun weapons, like whips or maybe a cat launcher. There's always room for another insanely unimaginative Prime version of a Frame, those are always nice.

Was fun while it lasted. Good show.

Yeah, I was totaly bored with my 5 Formad Synapse. Like I was bored with Brakk. I hear that people with Strun Wrath are still going strong though. Please add more utery useless and non fun weapons, like whips or maybe a cat launcher. There's always room for another insanely unimaginative Prime version of a Frame, those are always nice.

Was fun while it lasted. Good show.

Cat launcher? No thanks, I'd much rather have nun-chuck. A gun that shoots nuns.

Or a gun-ninjacannon, a handgun that shoots cannons that shoot exploding, flaming ninjas.

Cat launcher? No thanks, I'd much rather have nun-chuck. A gun that shoots nuns.

Or a gun-ninjacannon, a handgun that shoots cannons that shoot exploding, flaming ninjas.

Monkey guns are better. They shoot exploding, flaming ninja monkeys at people.

Changes:

- Changed logic that determines visual representation of damage mods on continuous-fire weapons (eg: Synapse, Ignis, etc).

The frequency of damage numbers used to be limited by using a minimum damage threshold. Since damage mods increase the rate at which damage accumulates, this would cause damage to be inflicted more often though each damage event would not necessarily be larger. This led to people thinking the mods did nothing because they didn't notice the increased rate at which numbers would appear (an easy mistake for low level damage mods). Similarly, headshots would make numbers appear more often but not necessarily create bigger numbers.

Now continuous fire weapons now limit the frequency of damage numbers by using a minimum time between impacts, regardless of how much damage has accumulated. This gives us a lot more control and should make things more obvious for players who are applying damage mods (it's easier to notice that numbers are 5% larger in magnitude vs being generated 5% faster)”

This change is not just visual!  Kills per second is drastically decreased when holding the trigger.  Continuous-fire weapons aren't really continuous anymore, as damage is applied only when 1) you let go of the trigger or 2) the minimum time mentioned above has passed.  Damage to the enemy is being delayed and is not being applied in a continuous manner at all!  The health bar doesn't move at all until the damage is applied.  This change has implemented a charge mechanic of sorts, that results in poor ammo efficiency and lower killing efficiency if you overkill the target.  This can be counteracted a little by burst firing, but some continuous weapons take a little time to reach maximum damage output, so this change isn't working.

If a mob can be killed by 1000 damage, why is that mob able to withstand the damage-over-time accumulation of a 15k damage headshot?  Why doesn't he die as soon as 1000 damage will have built up?  With continuous-fire weapon damage not being dealt continuously, they don't feel right at all.  Changing the way the damage numbers are displayed shouldn't affect when damage is applied.  Damage numbers could be shown over time as with this new system, but this should strictly be a visual change!!!

Let me propose an ideal testing situation for kills per second.  A stationary target spawns.  As soon as it dies, a new one spawns in its place.

WIth the old continuous weapon damage calculations, kills per second would approach DPS / Mob_EHP.

With the new continuous weapon damage calculations, kills per second isn't as simple:

-If DPS >> Mob_EHP:

Kills/s = 1/[minimum time between impacts], which is much less than DPS / Mob_EHP, and your effective DPS would approach DPS*[minimum time betweeen impacts].

-If DPS == Mob_EHP: Kills/s = DPS/Mob_EHP as expected

-If DPS < Mob_EHP:

Kills/s = hard to think about.  I would imagine it would be a stair-steppy ugly graph.

Edited by GasGiant

This change is not just visual!  Kills per second is drastically decreased when holding the trigger.  Continuous-fire weapons aren't really continuous anymore, as damage is applied only when 1) you let go of the trigger or 2) the minimum time mentioned above has passed.  Damage to the enemy is being delayed and is not being applied in a continuous manner at all!  The health bar doesn't move at all until the damage is applied.  This change has implemented a charge mechanic of sorts, that results in poor ammo efficiency and lower killing efficiency if you overkill the target.  This can be counteracted a little by burst firing, but some continuous weapons take a little time to reach maximum damage output, so this change isn't working.

If a mob can be killed by 1000 damage, why is that mob able to withstand the damage-over-time accumulation of a 15k damage headshot?  Why doesn't he die as soon as 1000 damage will have built up?  With continuous-fire weapon damage not being dealt continuously, they don't feel right at all.  Changing the way the damage numbers are displayed shouldn't affect when damage is applied.  Damage numbers could be shown over time as with this new system, but this should strictly be a visual change!!!

Let me propose an ideal testing situation for kills per second.  A stationary target spawns.  As soon as it dies, a new one spawns in its place.

WIth the old continuous weapon damage calculations, kills per second would approach DPS / Mob_EHP.

With the new continuous weapon damage calculations, kills per second isn't as simple:

-If DPS >> Mob_EHP:

Kills/s = 1/[minimum time between impacts], which is much less than DPS / Mob_EHP, and your effective DPS would approach DPS*[minimum time betweeen impacts].

-If DPS == Mob_EHP: Kills/s = DPS/Mob_EHP as expected

-If DPS < Mob_EHP:

Kills/s = hard to think about.  I would imagine it would be a stair-steppy ugly graph.

This.

Ok I just started using that Drakgoon and there's something I'd like to say about it.

I'm glad that it isn't hitscan, it actualy needs some skill to hit ranged targets and the projectiles act much the same as arrows (with dip which is good), but the main gripe I have with it is the fact that fully charged shots deal extra damage per pelet over normal shots.

Why would you do that DE? The weapon would work fine without the extra damage, it doesn't also have to be a shotty paris and really a choice between shooting 1 arrow with a bow or half a dozen with the Drakgoon kind of negates the point of even having bows (except for stealth).

The barrel spread should be the reason for charging as it adds a nice mechanic that means you can adjust the charge amount to have variable spread for different ranges (which is great) but the full charge damage just feels like overkill to me.

(EDIT) I don't know if I was clear enough in what I was trying to say so just to clarify the damage per pellet should be the same regardless of charge amount.

Edited by Metsudo

Update 11.6.0: Drakgoon

Changes:

- Changed logic that determines visual representation of damage mods on continuous-fire weapons (eg: Synapse, Ignis, etc).

The frequency of damage numbers used to be limited by using a minimum damage threshold. Since damage mods increase the rate at which damage accumulates, this would cause damage to be inflicted more often though each damage event would not necessarily be larger. This led to people thinking the mods did nothing because they didn't notice the increased rate at which numbers would appear (an easy mistake for low level damage mods). Similarly, headshots would make numbers appear more often but not necessarily create bigger numbers.

Now continuous fire weapons now limit the frequency of damage numbers by using a minimum time between impacts, regardless of how much damage has accumulated. This gives us a lot more control and should make things more obvious for players who are applying damage mods (it's easier to notice that numbers are 5% larger in magnitude vs being generated 5% faster)”

You wasted your time on something that already worked well and broke it. Congrats. Try again.

I wasn't trolling about the "don't change the droprate". This gun is supposed to be a "not easy to get" weapon so why should they fix the droprate when there are people out there who managed to get it ?

Simply because some people got it on first try, it won't mean that the RNG is fine. There are people who got the Ember prime in less than 10 missions while I had to do an infuriatingly high amount, while my clanmate who did way more than me, got it after me (I think he actually did double my amount).

RNG is nice to a certain extent but the fluctuations are too big for Rewards, so you are wrong, this amount of RNG is bad even if you got what you want.

In a previous post/vid, DE mentioned a mechanic that monitored drops and for every item lowered the drop chance on actual instances - thus the more they drop, the less chance they have to drop again. This way eventually you get rare items even if you are not lucky. I'm not talking about this system being a good random system, I'm talking about this being a fair reward system.

They are doing what they can, completing missions and doing what they have to to earn rewards and then they get nothing? That kind of RNG is not meant to handle rewards - this is not supposed to be a full lottery so no wonder they are annoyed. I'm kinda used to it, played D3 before, that's WAY worse. Actually I would advice players to play Diablo3 "endgame" for an extended period of time, then Warframe RNG would be so much easier to handle after that :D

I agree in a way, the Harvester spawning shall not be "a certain incident when you do a certain action" kind of mechanic - it would take away all the excitement. But the Detron is a different tale, I would seriously take into consideration the frequency the Harvester appeared for that player while comparing it to his efforts to spawn it.

Kinda like this:

If you earn spawn chance for the Harvester, you earn chance for the Detron spawning too. When you meet the Harvester, the chance for that goes down but for the Detron it won't until it drops, it accumulates till it reaches 100% and you cannot miss it :). Of course it can drop faster if you are lucky so it's still RNG but... you get it. Now this is a rather fair reward system if you manage to balance the amount of % gained every time so it won't take years.

Ok I just started using that Drakgoon and there's something I'd like to say about it.

I'm glad that it isn't hitscan, it actualy needs some skill to hit ranged targets and the projectiles act much the same as arrows (with dip which is good), but the main gripe I have with it is the fact that fully charged shots deal extra damage per pelet over normal shots.

Why would you do that DE? The weapon would work fine without the extra damage, it doesn't also have to be a shotty paris and really a choice between shooting 1 arrow with a bow or half a dozen with the Drakgoon kind of negates the point of even having bows (except for stealth).

The barrel spread should be the reason for charging as it adds a nice mechanic that means you can adjust the charge amount to have variable spread for different ranges (which is great) but the full charge damage just feels like overkill to me.

(EDIT) I don't know if I was clear enough in what I was trying to say so just to clarify the damage per pellet should be the same regardless of charge amount.

ok here is a  image concept for you  for the drakgoon fire types

non charged flinging a hand full of razors at someone

charged shooting a cupless blender at someone as its running on puree

make sence for added damage now?

Btw geoff needs to produce Warframe the movie....man is a sick (as in awesome) animation director even if it is cg and only a 30-45 minuet movie  i mean  he has the whole cast there already  so why not make  a short movie for pr?

Edited by DragoXXVIII