Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imbalanced Audio Volume

Marshall

I made a thread sometime ago regarding several audio problem I experienced on countless occasions, mostly occuring during Survival and Defense missions. Apparently most of them still have not been fixed. Issues like hearing audio clips playing at a different location from where the audio is supposed to be occuring.

A prime example would be a survival I just completed. There were Bombards appearing from hallways across the room  probably about 30m away but I'm hearing their rockets as if it was shot out right behind me. I'm hearing enemies who are not in the same room as I am, and when certain enemies like Butchers are running towards me, instead of hearing them at "point-blank" range, I'm hearing the audio as if they were still far away from me.

It has seriously gotten to the point where I can no longer trust the in-game audio anymore and I have to resort to muting the game entirely just so that I can still retain some form of sanity during missions. This has been incredibly disorientating and I was told that these problem would be fixed in U13 but doesn't seem like it.

At the very least, the annoying coptering sounds that play non-stop have stopped as far as I've noticed.

I really hope DE takes a look at this issue properly because grinding is already a rather tiresome thing to do. Add mismatched audio with it and my motivation to play is really dropping.

Hey AxialBlue,

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.  Are you using a 5.1 speaker system?  If so have you confirmed that you have setup your speakers correctly... ensuring that the rear speakers are playing sound for the rears instead of for the fronts, etc?  

You can also test proper speaker setup with Windows' Hardware and Sound->Manage audio devices->Click on your device and select properties.

We have not been able to reproduce your issues.  Perhaps a vid that shows what you have been experiencing would also help.

NOTE: ADJUST VOLUME

So I've been playing on my laptop while at school, and I commented on some other thread about getting completely weird sounds while fighting corpus.  If I use headphones, the weird sounds go away... but if I don't plug my headphones in prior to launching the client, then I have to close out, plug in headphones, then relaunch the client.  

I forgot to plug my headphones in... and I decided to record it for once and share it to the forums.  

This. is. torture.

I don't even know what sounds those are... but they seem to happen whenever I take damage or whenever enemies take damage

EDIT: Notice, also, that when I use Hallowed Ground the first time, it is HELLA loud and then the second time it is SUPER quiet...? Wtf?

Edited by Auramau

So I've been playing on my laptop while at school, and I commented on some other thread about getting completely weird sounds while fighting corpus.  If I use headphones, the weird sounds go away... but if I don't plug my headphones in prior to launching the client, then I have to close out, plug in headphones, then relaunch the client.  

I forgot to plug my headphones in... and I decided to record it for once and share it to the forums.  

This. is. torture.

I don't even know what sounds those are... but they seem to happen whenever I take damage or whenever enemies take damage

EDIT: Notice, also, that when I use Hallowed Ground the first time, it is HELLA loud and then the second time it is SUPER quiet...? Wtf?

We have never seen/heard this before.  If you plug in headphones and the loud sounds stop happening then it sounds like it might be your PC and not Warframe.  We will look into it though.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

Also, can you post a screenshot of what your audio options are set to?

Edited by DE_George

We have never seen/heard this before.  If you plug in headphones and the loud sounds stop happening then it sounds like it might be your PC and not Warframe.  We will look into it though.

Must be my computer as well, as last night when I tried to lower my volume through the in-game master control (to about 1/8 of max), it only intensified that...noise. Been hearing it for some time. I thought it was an 'OMG LASERS' sfx.

Ah, that sound is just from this year's new line of Corpus D̢̛̛͔̳̠̻̘͓͍̜̳̞̬̩̞̑ͨ̃̃͋̓̽͟͞E̴̢̱͖̲̣̱̭͎͚̣̟̥̱̦̞̺̱̺̾ͦͫ́̽̓̽ͥ͂̔̃ͯ̀̍͊͐͒̿͞͠ͅM̵̛͇̫̦̘̻̲̹̻̣̹̭͉͈͓̺̱͍̮̭ͮ͆͆̚O̵̵̎̐̉̿ͦ̅̐̆̚͏̴̜̦̦̫̞̭N̵̖̮̤͙̈̿̊͌́͜S̶̛̪̠̫̥̹͚̼͍͎̝̦̜͓͔̯ͨ̒ͥ̒͛ͣ̎̆̋͋̾ͩͭ́̚͢͡͞ͅ.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game?

Also, can you post a screenshot of what your audio options are set to?

My audio settings currently and when the video was recorded:

http://imgur.com/G8A2ku8

Note that it doesn't seem to matter what the settings are... those crazy noises are always blaring as loud as possible unless I turn my computer volume down all the way or if I turn Master Volume down all the way.

I haven't tried reinstalling, but I'll give it a shot this afternoon while I head to class.

EDIT: Also, This doesn't happen in any other games I play on this PC, so it doesn't make much sense to blame it on the PC.  But I get what you mean about the headphones/non-headphones thing..  I'm conflicted and confused. @_@

Sounds like busted reverb, probably driver related. Not running any funky environmental effects or fake positional audio software/settings are you?

Nope.

Edited by Auramau

This. is. torture.

I...would PREFER if Moa's sounded like that.