Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

1 minute ago, Syq111 said:

Well as i know DE this new infested warframe ends as all new warframes,i forgot about inaros after maxing him to 30 level.Typhus in his original concept form have something that appeal to me.He looks really like samurai and i like japanesse themes(ofc there is now more chinesse themes in warframe but),his kit looks awesome.I love warframes that are elastical don't force u to make build press 4 to win.That why i love Saryn now.Her abilities synergizes all of them have uses and u can wreak havoc and having fun with that

Oh nonononono good sir. You have misheard the announcement! The Infestoframe isn't the last Warframe to be birthed from Digital's molecular forges, he is the last Warframe to be birthed this YEAR before they take a break on frame creation. Also, ah, I can understand your preference, my favorite Warframes are the ones that deal the most effective form of damage against the current enemy type.

13 minutes ago, Syq111 said:

Yeah i know they will keep making warframes till they start clones themselves like champions in mobas.All i wanna said that is I prefer Quality over Qauntity.What get is opposite,we have quantity of weapons warframes etc but memorable ones are few.For me Saryn as i mention earlier,Valkyr because her theme and overall kit,Mesa because i love gunslingers,Excalibur because of Dark Sector Game,Chroma well because i love his roars,and Frost (why not love him when his cold love reach all people??)

Oooooohhhhhhhh! NOW I see what you fear, the possability that Digital may turn into an assembly line of frames like some companies do with games. Apologies. In that case, I can only state that, even now, were only at the beginning of things. Till I see pure evidence of it, I'm gonna hold out on the hope that it never comes to pass. Also, ah, I see I'm not the only one that loves to share his highness's cold glory with the world! Mind you, said shareing is usually only done 9 times outta 10 in the Void, but, ho man, he works hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well from what I've seen of Nidus, he has an initial ability that gathers counters...like Typhus.  He has an ability that pulls enemies together.....like Typhus (although admittedly typhus' ability pulls enemies to himself and not to some blob thing). And he has an ult that uses all gathered counters....like Typhus. So the move set IS similar and is very likely INSPIRED by typhus.  So how i stand now is that Nidus and Typhus aren't completely different, like some claim, but they are as different as Atlas/Rhino, or Loki/Ash. They're similar, but easily different to the degree that warrants a separate frame.  MAKE NO MISTAKE I'm not preferring Nidus over Typhus, id much rather have Typhus, because I've known and loved the idea of Typhus for a long time and have been eagerly waiting for DE to use this Warframe concept that is less flawed than any other I've seen. But lets not assume Typhus and Nidus are that different, after all in Typhus' FAQ RedSkittlez said that the reason Typhus isn't labeled as an infested Warfare was "Due to lack of Lore" and while in the trivia he said that Typhus was far removed from the infested, he was referring to the way he acts ("normal" infested are raving beasts whose only purpose is to consume). RedSkittlez also said that if Typhus was added it would be up to DE if he was infested or not, and as Nidus is quite clearly meant to be "infested" i believe that it wouldn't be too far fetched for the same to become of Typhus. Not saying it WILL happen but it COULD.                   Thats my sixpence.

Edited by Skjorer
Accidentally placed text in a spoiler box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 2:12 AM, Skjorer said:

Well from what I've seen of Nidus, he has an initial ability that gathers counters...like Typhus.  He has an ability that pulls enemies together.....like Typhus (although admittedly typhus' ability pulls enemies to himself and not to some blob thing). And he has an ult that uses all gathered counters....like Typhus. So the move set IS similar and is very likely INSPIRED by typhus.  So how i stand now is that Nidus and Typhus aren't completely different, like some claim, but they are as different as Atlas/Rhino, or Loki/Ash. They're similar, but easily different to the degree that warrants a separate frame.  MAKE NO MISTAKE I'm not preferring Nidus over Typhus, id much rather have Typhus, because I've known and loved the idea of Typhus for a long time and have been eagerly waiting for DE to use this Warframe concept that is less flawed than any other I've seen. But lets not assume Typhus and Nidus are that different, after all in Typhus' FAQ RedSkittlez said that the reason Typhus isn't labeled as an infested Warfare was "Due to lack of Lore" and while in the trivia he said that Typhus was far removed from the infested, he was referring to the way he acts ("normal" infested are raving beasts whose only purpose is to consume). RedSkittlez also said that if Typhus was added it would be up to DE if he was infested or not, and as Nidus is quite clearly meant to be "infested" i believe that it wouldn't be too far fetched for the same to become of Typhus. Not saying it WILL happen but it COULD.                   Thats my sixpence.

typhus's abilities have also been reworked a few times, and its not like de hasnt said they wouldnt use the concepts base ideas , they did state in a dev they liked the concept of the mechanics but its apparent that they have utilized the before cocnept ideas in inaros and nidus

3 hours ago, Death-Samurai said:

Ship we Infested = Helminth = Nidus And Typhus 

Possibly.

46 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

typhus's abilities have also been reworked a few times, and its not like de hasnt said they wouldnt use the concepts base ideas , they did state in a dev they liked the concept of the mechanics but its apparent that they have utilized the before cocnept ideas in inaros and nidus

Yes. Sad but true.

Still a shame if DE does not capitalize on the fame Typhus have. Just look at the Mios. Then apply that on a new infested warframe = Typhus.

Nidus is no glass cannon either.

On 12/5/2016 at 1:24 AM, Syq111 said:

If De really needs some money they should cut the making crappy cheap knockoff-s of Typhus.Make a prime set of him  with some primed set of weapons that fits him and @(*()$ end of story.

I don't get it DE u had on dish great concept with great capabilities of gameplay but still needs to do urs own way wich is well ?? Inaros feels to me like chinese knockoff of Typhus.Big dissapointment.

inaros is more egyptian themed especially with the alt helmet being named anubis, but typhus needs to happen

4 hours ago, GStonez said:

inaros is more egyptian themed especially with the alt helmet being named anubis, but typhus needs to happen

Ivara, Inaros and now Nidus all use some form of powers or themes that came from this thread.

I wish a true Parasite will happen some day.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, arch111 said:
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:34 AM, Death-Samurai said:

Ship we Infested = Helminth = Nidus And Typhus 

Possibly.

I wonder what Helminth dialogue we would get if we enter the Infested Room with Typhus the Parasite... Well, if he even has access to the room... Helminth would probably address the Parasite rather negatively when I myself usually think about it, considering that (from what I've heard from this topic) Typhus has nothing to do the Infestation.

Edited by GigantEdge
Preventing possible confusion

1 hour ago, GigantEdge said:

I wonder what Helminth dialogue we would get if we enter the Infested Room with Typhus the Parasite... Well, if he even has access to the room... Helminth would probably address the Parasite rather negatively when I myself usually think about it, considering the fact that (from what I've heard from this topic) Typhus has nothing to do the Infestation.

"So, have you come to kill me at last? You rejected us, devoured us, sided with the demon. Or ... have you come to be the Master?"

38 minutes ago, arch111 said:

"So, have you come to kill me at last? You rejected us, devoured us, sided with the demon. Or ... have you come to be the Master?"

Yep... I think that just about sums up what I was thinking about when it comes to Helminth & Typhus... You know, That Helminth negativity is also kind of reminding me of another Concept of another Warframe that I checked up on earlier that can also walk through the Infested Door.

3 minutes ago, GigantEdge said:

Yep... I think that just about sums up what I was thinking about when it comes to Helminth & Typhus... You know, That Helminth negativity is also kind of reminding me of another Concept of another Warframe that I checked up on earlier that can also walk through the Infested Door.

Do you mean Baphomet? 

On 1/9/2017 at 7:21 PM, arch111 said:

Do you mean Baphomet? 

Nope. Aranea! The Plagued & Gluttonous (Spider). The Devourer (Helminth referred to her as that because she consumed just about any enemy within her path regardless of being Fleshy, Robotic, or even Armored).

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed link to another concept thread.

On Mon Jan 09 2017 at 4:17 PM, GigantEdge said:

Which is who might i ask becayse nidus reminds me of the symbiotes venom carnage etc when he comes to ps4 i think imma outline him along them colors 

On Sun Feb 09 2014 at 1:27 PM, noveltyhero said:

Holy mother of locusts, I really love the design especially the second alt helmet. +1 :D

EDIT: More feedback:

Boiling blood is cool but it should utilize health.

Consume: Typhus should whip his hands out as the barbed tendrils grapple around the enemy, bring him up close and absorbs? the enemy, or something similar, very gory though.

I love cannibalize armor though, cool effects on faction specification.

Instead of calling it consumed stack he should call it viral stacks counter part to niduses mutation stack

2 hours ago, (PS4)BLACKXH3ART21 said:

Instead of calling it consumed stack he should call it viral stacks counter part to niduses mutation stack

Its called the consume stack because  he is literally EATTING people to fuel his powers, and really the consume stack was around years before Nidus so he should not rename it just for a counterpart.

Edited by HoldXtoRevive

Man, still hoping typhus will get his place as a warframe in-game. but dang I feel so bad for you skittlez, de's been using a lot of your ability and mechanic ideas for typhus like devour, and now they're using the stack mechanic similar to yours (by similarity, i meant it affect the 4th ability) and the larvae/maggot latching onto enemies and exploding.

it's like typhus is getting dissected into parts and recycled ;-;

but!!! I know the skittlez creativity will prevail.

P.S. you should design games man, it'll be  amazing for sure.

I have an idea for Typhus to slightly change how he work compared to Nidus.

While Typhus 1 is VERY close to Nidus stacks, and the 2 feels like it can be built upon - maby replacing 1 even, it is 3 and 4 that make him special.

To steal the enemy Defences is cool. I would like him to be able to become like an Eximus by stealing traits from elites.

To Buff and give himself the Weapons of the enemy is the really cool part.

PROPOSITION: Imagine that the stacks evolved both protection and weapon over time.

The body would visually change the higher stack-count you got. So the longer you feed the machine, the more powerful you get.

If you then mix enemies you get possible hybrid-buffs from say Corpus and Sentient. 

- please correct me if Im wrong, but currently I don't think Typhus works like this but is a cross of Nidus and Inaros.