Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Honestly, if you're one hitting enemies, why would you even bother with the combo multiplier then?

You're ultimately one hitting them, and that shouldn't really affect you. 

If you do want to combo them, then I suggest using something other than your 5 Forma'd Galatine/Orthos/Fang Prime. Try Dakra Prime, Hate or Reaper Prime (all ultimately awesome weapons that aren't powerful nor weak). 

What will be the support; will we be able to create pre-made macro's combos inside the game or will we have to make 'em ourselves on keyboards/mouses?

I hope there is nothing of the sort. Its literally just timing and takes very little practice. And why would they support macro's for combos? What would be the point?

I would think that a dynamic system (which can be sensitive to where enemies are and timing of controls) would give more satisfaction than repeated playback of some pre-scripted "combo". Ideally balanced such that it does not become an controller input nightmare.

It may boil down to the fundamental wish of mapping a player' desire (e.g. chop down the two enemies in front) to the expected result/action (we actually chop down the two, instead of cutting empty air), done in a stylish process (sword whirls, body flips, master Yoda lightsaber moves etc)

The macro or whatever, if it exist, should support this (instead of still cutting empty air with prescripted moves)

I love how everyone thinks that Macro's are just for cheating. 

I have a Macro on my mouse that clicks for me, so I can use Semi-auto weapons, because I undergo great pain when I click repeatedly. 

So I should be banned from Warframe for this? I'm not playing the game "Properly"?

Edited by Noogums

I have a Macro on my mouse that clicks for me, so I can use Semi-auto weapons, because I undergo great pain when I click repeatedly. 

So I should be banned from Warframe for this? I'm not playing the game "Properly"?

When did anyone here say cheating?

They are saying it defeats the purpose of the new melee combat. In general Macros for action combat is a pretty terrible idea beyond something simple with the purpose of being user friendly, like the example you mentioned.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Whoa... hey now.

Nobody said cheating.

And that's like comparing the owner of a handgun to somebody who takes a handgun and goes around shooting people. (I'm terrible with analogies but I hope my point gets across here)

I wonder if I am the only person who feels this way. When DE Megan and Rebecca actually announced about the honouring of melee 1.0 system, hundreds of hyprocrites start appearing hoping to win the competition with a pathetic and classic line of... " I am going to miss melee 1.0". Please, if you have really loved 1.0, the dev-stream thread would not be flooded with all of your questions asking when is melee 2.0 coming and why is it being delayed. 

I wonder if I am the only person who feels this way. When DE Megan and Rebecca actually announced about the honouring of melee 1.0 system, hundreds of hyprocrites start appearing hoping to win the competition with a pathetic and classic line of... " I am going to miss melee 1.0". Please, if you have really loved 1.0, the dev-stream thread would not be flooded with all of your questions asking when is melee 2.0 coming and why is it being delayed. 

Well we are going to miss it in a sense that it was ridiculous XD 

Not in Oh i'm gonnna miss it ....it was so deep and complex XD

I know this seems overzealous, but I can not stress enough, HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS UPDATE. I want everything to be perfect.

It makes sense to have the game backgrounds that you have to follow you around like a meta. Your head goes into the game;"ok this is what I know from my before, and this is what I've seen so far."

I've approach most games like fighting games. By doing so, I find myself putting my attention down to the very last frame. I run a volt Speed build. And I mean strictly speed. I can not stress this enough, I am that A****** that uses one skill,and  thinks its so much fun.

"please stop using speed." 

"Its a drug...."

With the new grineer systems post, I feel that melee 2.0 is around the corner, and I can not wait to tear through the combo system with more than likely the BUILD THAT WILL RUIN ALL OF YOU. Im talking about switching my weapons faster, CLOSING THE GAP, (Which was apparently a fear other players had in this game, I mean like really?) I've been building to this point of "vanilla volt. melee 2.0" (The idea and concept based on the live streams I've been following.)

SO my rant will be concluded with a famous TLDR

Can't wait, its going to be great. 

Edited by Xihyon

I want to see if Contagion is finally worth using. 

Also, all the eye-gasms I'm going to have while testing out all the different stances and animation sets for different melee weapons. I'll probably end up using the one that looks best. 

Edited by kaboomonme

zorencoptering needs to go. period.

the point is not that you can rush, its that you can break the game by rushing on slower frames and or not building for speed, while also negating any need to actually learn the movement system or think creatively 

if you want to be a rusher, then you should have to master the movement system, bring the right warframe, and build appropriately, not just carry a melee weapon

For the time bring yep.

And you rushers are the reason we have those dumb arc traps.

It's funny how arc traps only serve to make rushing a better idea. You can sit around and try to hunt for it, or you can just run past it. Hmm, I wonder which one I'd rather do...

I know this seems overzealous, but I can not stress enough, HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THIS UPDATE. I want everything to be perfect.

It makes sense to have the game backgrounds that you have to follow you around like a meta. Your head goes into the game;"ok this is what I know from my before, and this is what I've seen so far."

I've approach most games like fighting games. By doing so, I find myself putting my attention down to the very last frame. I run a volt Speed build. And I mean strictly speed. I can not stress this enough, I am that A****** that uses one skill,and  thinks its so much fun.

"please stop using speed." 

"Its a drug...."

With the new grineer systems post, I feel that melee 2.0 is around the corner, and I can not wait to tear through the combo system with more than likely the BUILD THAT WILL RUIN ALL OF YOU. Im talking about switching my weapons faster, CLOSING THE GAP, (Which was apparently a fear other players had in this game, I mean like really?) I've been building to this point of "vanilla volt. melee 2.0" (The idea and concept based on the live streams I've been following.)

SO my rant will be concluded with a famous TLDR

Can't wait, its going to be great. 

Watch out man , a lot of expectations = a possible lot of disappointment too...

We're not in Street fighter with its overheads,cross-ups,ultra combos,etc... It's a great change,but not a revolution.

Wait & see, we're here to test and give feedback when it's released,after all... :)

Edited by unknow99