Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Leader... No Lore Behind It?

Chaosdreamer

You probably meet those guy called "Ennemy leader" out of nowhere , they came , mastering our warframe power

Why not? but how , a bit of lore wouldn't kill us... even throught they are missing Light as element (Volt is safe :d)

How happen most of them use the power which they are weak against ? Like the fire enemy leader being infested uh?

or the ice corpus?

How happen most of them use the power which they are weak against ? Like the fire enemy leader being infested uh?

or the ice corpus?

There are all Units with all abilitys.

There is also a Fire Grineer and Fire Corpus, Ice Grineer and so on.

Its just random who spawns as leader and what ability they get.

OP is asking why they have powers like that, Lore-wise. Why they have a grineer who somehow knows Snow Globe. And why an infested who's weak to fire can have a fire aura and fire power. It's not about mechanics, it's about lore. 

He is asking "How did this grineer get access to snowglobe" and "Did this infested ancient mutate to become resistant to fire and gain fire powers?"

Edit: Ninja'ed.

Edited by Sokina

Have to admit, they are getting a bit lazy with randomly giving enemies powers which are clearly those of our Warframes when in lore, using said powers is so complicated to replicate that the Corpus had to cut appart Warframes with Tennos inside to give Zanuka Warframe abilities.

I guess they are just meant to be placeholders, but how long do they want to use place holders, this late in development?

Have to admit, they are getting a bit lazy with randomly giving enemies powers which are clearly those of our Warframes when in lore, using said powers is so complicated to replicate that the Corpus had to cut appart Warframes with Tennos inside to give Zanuka Warframe abilities.

I guess they are just meant to be placeholders, but how long do they want to use place holders, this late in development?

It's still beta, so I wouldn't say it is late in development, but yeah I do hope they are placeholders and they get at least unique looking powers and the leaders get at least their own look.

Maybe grineer and corpus leaders have their powers from technology while infested got them from mutation.

Exactly the same thing that I originally thought, at least for the infested aspect of the leader class. I'm sure that both the Grineer and Corpus obtained their abilities from their Tenno experiments and captures.

It's still beta, so I wouldn't say it is late in development, but yeah I do hope they are placeholders and they get at least unique looking powers and the leaders get at least their own look.

Well i'm one of those who when they hear open beta think of "nearly ready" meaning everything is in place and they just need to hammer out some bugs and polish it up, which is actualy how "open beta" is seen by most players. However Warframe is more of a "continuing player supported development" which is completely outside the traditional "alpha" and "beta" state description.

If you ask me. This game is still in alpha. Everything is still up in the air and not everything is in place or even ready for official release. The fact that the majority of bosses are on a list to finaly get their own design over a year after they were put in the game (including while the closed beta was allready started) is telling for this.

But since they use the term "open beta" and have said the game was getting closer to "official release" (it's allready officialy released they are just worming themself out of an argument with that), i take them by their word and compare additions and changes to the traditional perception of "open beta" and that includes the game shouldn't be full of obvious placeholders.

It took them over a year to replace Nacked Nick, with a repainted Rescue Target, i don't want to think about how long it will take for them to give Leaders their unqiue versions of powers which aren't just slapped on Warframe powers.

If they would be honest with the state of the game i wouldn't compare these things and simply wonder how they will replace it once they got that work done.

I would rather use the lore that these leaders are the officers or Sergeants of the enemy factions granted by the bosses. Would make more sense if they had the same power as the bosses than being randomized though. Such as more fire leaders for Saturn, since Ruk the controlling leader of that faction of Grineer.  

You probably meet those guy called "Ennemy leader" out of nowhere , they came , mastering our warframe power

Why not? but how , a bit of lore wouldn't kill us... even throught they are missing Light as element (Volt is safe :d)

or the ice corpus?

How do you know they're using OUR powers?

They probably aren't.

This isn't exactly NEW, people. I mean, come on! Alad V's Zanuka is MADE of Warframe parts, so it stands to reason that he may have also been able to reverse-engineer some of that for technology for his soldiers, and characters like Vor for the Grineer already have Orokin powers lore-wise at their disposal (along with Hek, Ruk, and Kril having powers similar to our Warframes already).

So, for Corpus and Grineer, it stands to reason that it is SOME kind of technology being passed out to their minor commanders to combat us, and given the Infested are either mutated Grineer/Corpus or ANCIENT CREATURES (like FROM the Orokin era) it stands to reason that THEY would have similar powers based on association.

I think of the enemy leaders like the sergeants of Warhammer 40k squads. Always being able to equip any melee, or ranged weapon. I think someone at DE was either playing too much Diablo, or too much tabletop games lol...

But I don't think you need lore to explain why a leader of a squad has better gear. I mean he must be a higher rank, and has the authority to take superior gear into battle.

This isn't exactly NEW, people. I mean, come on! Alad V's Zanuka is MADE of Warframe parts, so it stands to reason that he may have also been able to reverse-engineer some of that for technology for his soldiers, and characters like Vor for the Grineer already have Orokin powers lore-wise at their disposal (along with Hek, Ruk, and Kril having powers similar to our Warframes already).

So, for Corpus and Grineer, it stands to reason that it is SOME kind of technology being passed out to their minor commanders to combat us, and given the Infested are either mutated Grineer/Corpus or ANCIENT CREATURES (like FROM the Orokin era) it stands to reason that THEY would have similar powers based on association.

more like tech that looks like Tenno powers...

Is that not what I said?

it sounded more like you just said the Grineer, and Corpus made Tenno, and implemented them as leaders...(as in stuffed them in the void, and got them back with Tenno powers)

Edited by Arlayn

it sounded more like you just said the Grineer, and Corpus made Tenno, and implemented them as leaders...(as in stuffed them in the void, and got them back with Tenno powers)

Perhaps you're getting what I said about Vor confused? I mean, it's no secret he's got Orokin powers at his disposal (we're all seen them, Lotus talks about them) so its possible he's shared his method for them with some soldiers - doesn't mean they made Tenno of them. And for Alad... well; Zanuka project on a smaller, more replicable scale for the individual commander. 

Either way, the Vor thing is more of a loose theory; the idea that it's just tech (maybe reverse engineered, maybe not) is more realistic and supported by the bosses of each faction.

Perhaps you're getting what I said about Vor confused? I mean, it's no secret he's got Orokin powers at his disposal (we're all seen them, Lotus talks about them) so its possible he's shared his method for them with some soldiers - doesn't mean they made Tenno of them. And for Alad... well; Zanuka project on a smaller, more replicable scale for the individual commander. 

Either way, the Vor thing is more of a loose theory; the idea that it's just tech (maybe reverse engineered, maybe not) is more realistic and supported by the bosses of each faction.

It looks more like the key gives him powers... Since it kinda resurrects him...

It looks more like the key gives him powers... Since it kinda resurrects him...

And we know there are multiple keys; like I said, he shared the method, that method being keys. Maybe the Grineer got keys built into their armor somewhere as a power source for whatever it is.