Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #24

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream #24: Q&A!

Who? Join Geoff, Scott, Sheldon & Steve on the couch with Rebecca for a Dev Q&A!

What? We’ll be taking some community questions as well as visiting and discussing a lot of active dev projects. Join us to get a look into what’s going on at DE! We'll also be giving out 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the stream.

Where? Tune in live at http://twitch.tv/warframe

When? Friday, March 7th 2:00PM EST (GMT-5)! Find your Timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

See you Friday & post your questions here! Thread closes tomorrow (March 7) @ 10:00 AM EST!

-What's the status on Melee 2.0?

-Status on endgame projects announced? Any chance they'll come within the next 3 months?

-Vor's Prize?

-We have been getting strong proc nightmare mods but when are the actual proc mods going to recieve a buff? (Rifle Aptitude and related).

-Are we going to see scarier leaders in the future? While they're an entertaining gimmick hey aren't really that scary for veterans.

-Void key tables integration into codex? I know it's going to happen and it should be low on the list of things to do but do you have any thoughts on how you want it done? Are we going to see some numbers or just a list?

-Will there be alternate Prime portraits coming out? I'm a huge Rhino fan but I just can't justify Prime Access, will we see a nonexclusive alternative?

-What is the next mechanic that will get a touchup after melee 2.0 or rather, will we see some stealth improvements? Barefist assassinations perhaps? Or a game mode with stealth primarily in mind? 

-Mastery, slots and weapon grind are very closely intertwined right now and mastering various weapons is pretty much the only way to get mastery, will we ever see a viable alternative to weapon levelling for mastery?

-Primes: you are aware that extra polarities and energy from ball traps don't really make them the apex warframe they are supposed to be do you have any ideas as to how you are going to adjust them to fix this problem?

-Prime alternate helmets are supposed to look different on Primes as they are the apex versions of their warframe, does the animation team have anything to show? Will alternate helmets on Primes only serve as cosmetic changes or will they alter stats and if stats are altered by the original version of the helmet (G1 and original G2 helmet set) will the boost be the exact same or will they apply different(possibly improved) stats?

-The akimbo resource carry over has been a problem brought up time and time again. With some people dumping a lot of resources into their singles is there any plans on allowing some, if not all, resources (forma, catalyst) to carry over from the base weapon?

-Mod downgrading/level adjustment: considering corrupt mods and their 10 rank nature and debuffs they offer will we ever see the ability to change/downgrade the effects of our mods to fit the needs of our weapon or warframe? 

-With new mods being released periodically, old builds may not be as applicable as they used to be. Will we ever see the ability to swap polarity slots to accommodate this? For example: I have forma'd my weapon 5 times (originally 3V and 2-) I get a new mod and to accommodate it I could change my forma'd slots to (2V 2- and 1D).

-Legendary Cores: We know they return sometime future but are there any plans on making them obtainable in the near future? Do you have anything you can reveal in this regard?

Edited by jrkong

Q1: What are DE's current thoughts on the stamina system? There have been quite a few reworks and reinstallments of previous versions due to player feedback, but ultimately I still see the same problems I always have. Players zorencoptering and sliding every 2 steps. Clearly, this is not something for the stamina system to be proud of.

Q2: Now that Prime Warframes have been established as a concern to the community, the main issue being that there really isn't much difference between them besides aesthetics and 1 polarity that's easily offset by Forma, what are DE's plans for them?

Q3: Has DE ever considered including the time specific charge mechanic seen from Dark sector into Warframe? One thing I noticed was that when power throwing the Glaive in Dark Sector, it requires a bit of timing (Waiting for a rotating icon to sync) to ensure the best throw. Could we see this sort of mechanic being used in the new melee system? Perhaps giving a small boost to attack speed or damage when successful and increasing the reward on successful chains, or even things like reload speed for weapons?

Edited by Haldos

Are you going to improve on enemy leaders?

Make them less random and chaotic?

have an impact on enemy AI?

have unique look so grunts burning an entire map wouldn't look so illogical?

Edited by Aure7

Q. Will there be an option to increase the rate of the stalker's , harvester's and the G3 spawn rate?

it's been a while since i saw the harvester and the stalker... the g3 i haven't faced yet....

Q. ETA on Melee 2.0?

Q. Will there be option to move polarity without forma the weapon / warframe?

More for Sheldon:

Is it possible to disclose any additional information regarding PC to PS4 transfers? If so, what exactly is Sony asking for you to change about it that's causing the delay of its implementation?

what's the consensus on snow globe? is removal of duration enough to balance it out, and should a casting limit be imposed so people can't turn any given mission into hoth? and then, what if you want to place a new globe in a different location, but you've reached the limit? I think it should just remove the earliest one cast, so that you can still move around positions on the battlefield (survival, for example)

part of the concern is that infested can't damage snow globes, so it duration is removed, and a hard cap is set, your first X globes will be there forever if there isn't a way to remove them by recasting it

also, will freeze get an overhaul similar to fireball, with some radial splash damage/larger hitbox? the travel time is acceptable, but because it's still single target, it isn't super useful. fine when fighting one heavy unit, I suppose. guess it's not a necessity, as ice wave is so fun that I'd probably just use that anyway

• Are there any new plans the UI/HUD-team is working on right now?

• After the Tethra event, will the Corpus finally get more focus? Own language is a good addition, what about female Corpus, possibly new units or tilesets? Boss overhauls?

Edited by Polymelodic

Is RNG ever going to be changed?

Or, is the addition of Prime Trading the "fix" for RNG?

When I say ever going to be changed, I want a definite answer.

Yes or no. No "we're working on it" nonsense. Just a simple yes/no so I can decide whether it's worth staying or not.

*Edit*

If you wonder how RNG can be 'changed'

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/160369-what-everyone-actually-means-when-they-say-token-system/

Edited by Nugget_

question:

Why did you nerf frost? 

His ult was in the best possible place and made frost fun.

Now he is just a crippled and broken shadow of his past.

If Avalanche got nerfed can we also nerf rhino stomp to only do damage as well?

And while we're at it lets remove the slow and 'weakening' on molecular prime.

Q1: When are old (or even newish) weapons going to be adjusted in order to not only be enjoyable, but actually useful in the first place? I speak mainly from the Bo and Amphis, however the Spectra, Supra, among others as these are the ones considered "jokes".

Q2: With Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Ankyros Prime, and AkBronco Prime entering the Void. Dilution is showing itself to be getting worse. Can you explain more permanent solutions to the Dilution problem? The Token System has been highly requested.

Q3: We are once again at a crossroads where players are wanting focus to be directed towards improving the current game as opposed to adding new toys to play with. Can you provide said community members assurance that you are making headway in things that have needed fixing, or adjustment for a historically long amount of time?

Q4: Grind. Levels, blueprints, keys. Grinding has been both Warframe's backbone, and fatal flaw. You have stated that you intend to lower the grind, yet almost every update since then has been released with an ever worsening grind mechanic. The new Event was a step in the right direction, less grind, more play. And because of that, the Event was fun. My question to you, DE, is what further steps are you taking to reduce the grind? 

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Q1. As there is still a lot of performance issues on the PS4 mainly with void missions, and survival missions how is the progression if any going with getting us some stable framerates.

Is the game making the client load the entire map? if so maybe it should only load a select number of chunks around a player for each client unload chunks that players are not in. I notice on survival missions mainly the corpus missions I do my fps is great towards the begining but once I visit most parts of the maps my fps goes down alot.

EDIT: As of today I adjusted my HUD size for the first time since u12 and noticed a significant increase in performance and framerates. When it was set at default minimum size my frames were horrible. I have the HUD size slider to about the mid point. However this still does not make it completely stable I still get severe fps drops.

Q2. Any thoughts on maybe creating an in-game auction house where you can place your items up for either a bid war or buy out then when the item is purchased payment is sent via inbox, Get rid of the trade channel possibly less having to spam in order to buy or sell. Limit the items you can put up for auction using  mastery ranks.

Edited by (PS4)MoTiVaTeDKiLLa

Q: Is there anything being worked on for stealth? Whats the point of a space ninja game if there's no proper stealth? :D

I have quite a few ideas on this if you would like to hear them :D

Edited by RaiZu

Do we have any new planets to look forward to in the near future?

When might we have some spears or pole-arms? (old Jat Kittag animations reminded me of spear handling)

Will Sgt. Nef Anyo ever become less of a chump? (or at least have the mission pointer not point to him when he's cloaked)

Edited by The_Grand_Highblood

Are you guys working on/going to work on actively expanding upon the new concepts you've introduced recently, specifically the two new gamemodes? It seems like we're getting a lot of new features and gameplay styles to mess around with, but we aren't getting a lot of depth along with them. I'd love to see more Interception maps for all the tilesets, more Hijack tiles when the time comes, and (sue me for this, but it's something I'd love,) more Conclave maps.

Also, status update on Vor's Prize? I think lotsa people would like to hear about that. :P

I'd like to know (and i think i'm not the only one) if the recent feedbacks about Ash have been taken into account and if something will be done about it (i don't really care if it's planned for next year, all i want to know is if it's planned. So far we didn't get any answer, i know you have a lot of work with frost and all the others warframe that needs fix, but Ash really need some attention.)

Edited by Jinmori

Account Migration situation update, please. If still "in talks between parties," then maybe clarification of what the concern/issue is. Something new and or informative that will let those waiting patiently that there is still hope.

It went from "soon," to "testing," to "this week or next," to "no info" in less than a month. :-/