Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #24

[DE]Rebecca

What do you fellows have planned about future Tenno Reinforcements? There has been a lot of disdain in the community about the over-saturation of new weapons that are being adding so frequently, as well as  concerns about the growing trend of these weapons being purchasable clantech. I was curious if what you folks thought about this whole situation and what you are all intending on doing.

Will the Staff, Hammer, and Fist weapons regain the ability to send live enemies flying across the room with Melee 2.0?

Will we ever see enemies using weapons like the Cestra or other existing Corpus/Grineer designs currently only used by Tenno?

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Q: Is my girl Banshee ever gonna get a rework on her skills? Sound quake is out classed by just about every other AOE ult, Silence is out classed by invisibility, Sonar, isn't viable without any CC because it procs on feet/moving targets and M. Prime kind of out classes it as well. (get rid of that x2 Multiplier on M. Prime). Basically just give banshee a CC stun or something. 

Q1: Can you disclose more information on Vor's Prize? I feel lore should be a much bigger part in this game than it currently is.

Q2: When I asked Steve about the Hub System, he said that you were working on a deployable alpha build. Any ETA on this?

Q3: Will there ever be an option to get the Misa Prime Syandana again? Why couldn't we buy just the accessories last time around?

Is there a possiblity that at some point we'll be able to name our different Tenno for the sake of immersion, such as the boss dialogues where they reference names? (It could be a thing for the player's own view only)

I know Hek has still yet to be deployed, but right after him is there another boss remake planned yet?

Is there any progress we could see on the new incoming units such as the Corpus females or the Wildlife?

Will we ever get the Napalm's gun available somehow since every single other grineer weapon has been made obtainble at some point?

Edited by RahuStalker

Are there any more overhauls we should be expecting in the future? Many old systems in the game are starting to rust, and aren't exactly working as they did months ago due to all of the changes and new directions the game is taking.

Have you considered rebalancing / revamping things like Resources, affinity, credits and other forms of loot distribution, or even things like leveling up mods / Polarizing gear with Forma?

-Are you going to buff the old weapons such as Afuris, Hek, Vulkar...?

-The 4 Cicero mods and Tethra mods, will they ever be available again or remain exclusive?

-The current void drop table is pretty buggy. I received an Ember Prime systems BP in MD2 and i thought so.

-Nyx's Psychic Bolts and Banshee rework?

-Custom music playlist?

-Will we have any chance to "uninstall" potatoes and Forma on weapons and frames?

-Better graphic optimization for Jungle tileset?

So many broad questions here, but I have a specific one:

Is there any word on a fix for semi-automatic weapons' firerate being limited by framerate? You fixed it for full-auto guns ages ago. Why hasn't it happened for semi-autos yet?

Regarding the Impact / Puncture / Slash / Proc chance mods and the fact we were told a buff was being discussed:

Has any progress been made in making proc chance or physical damage oriented builds viable, putting the final nail in the rainbow-build coffin?

With frosts recent attention, some of the other standby/game-changing frames (trin, rhino, Nova, etc.) are feeling a little nervous.

If you're going to give Warframe Powers any attention, why are you not giving usability buffs we've been begging for for months, like free-aim Ash teleport, early-cancel Nyx absorb, and slowing on Oberons hallowed ground, instead of a massive nerf to an essential Power on a one-trick pony frame?

Thank you for buffing all of frosts other Powers, but it's kind of like sprinkling m&ms on a turd: I try to pick out the good bits, but I keep coming away with a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by SnaleKing

Questions for everyone on the couch. Thank you in advance!

*How do you envision the lobby system beyond the initial area. Do you intend to make the lobby system similar to what is in PSO 2 or improve upon that?

*With the lobby system, will we have area's that you can freely explore and interact with multiple groups? Example: Similar to the public free roam area's in PSO 2.

*What will the limit be client side for visible players in a lobby?

*With the introduction of the lobby system, is this the beginning of dedicated servers?

*Can you go into further detail on the Focus system?

*Will the Badlands offer "challenging" content for the experienced player? Such as players rank 15 and up to rank 30? My definition of challenging is unforgiving and merciless enemies that will make you whimper in fear.

Edited by Mythblaze

Will we ever see Power stats in the Aresenal UI?

Is it possible for us to eventually see how many resources we have acquired in a match?

Aside from End game content, what is the next big thing after Melee 2.0? Will we be seeing Warframes 2.0 I.E. Reworking of all the older warframes to be more on par with the more recent warframes?

What are DE's plans for improving the frequency with which updates are deployed for PS4. Are PS4 players constantly have to wait one to two and half months for future updates? In the past this was addressed by Sheldon but it seems that after 4 months the situation is still unchanged. 

1) More for the art department, but is there ever a plan to touch up on Warframes, color-wise, model-wise, or are they simply left as they are? Rhino Prime, Ember Prime, and Frost Prime appear gray when using white. Textures are too dark. Can we ever expect to see tweaks or improvements to Warframes once they're out of the bag, so to speak?

2) For being Orokin tech, Prime Warframes really don't have that much benefit in the Void. Is there a chance to see some more interaction between Prime Warframes and the Orokin Void (you know, something that makes them worth it, more than just the polarities)?

1.) I am, like many people, wondering about the ETA of melee 2.0.

2.) With the introduction of the ability to turn off the alarms are there going to be any more emphasis on stealth, rewards, challenges, or mission types?

3.) Are you currently working on fixing the algorithms for the objective marker as there are many times where it updates slowly or is actively giving the wrong information until you manage to progress on the right path.  (btw I would love for you to bring back the nightmare mode w/o the map, and yes I know I'll be thought of a crazy for saying that)

4.) Is there any plan in the works to give any map side warning for level hazards? (it would be nice to actually have forewarning ,and thereby a reason, to use the infamous "Warm Coat")

5.) Lastly, Any news as to when the store will open, or is Sheldon still the sole "Swag Hag"?

1. Frost has essentially become very subpar Frame now after the recent Avalanche fix along with the Snow Globe nerf.

To quote Oizen from another topic ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189874-put-overextend-avalanche-back )

He's not a tank

He's not a Crowd Control

He's not a Heavy Damager.

He's not even fast.

WHAT IS HE?

Will you consider re-adding this CC ability he had and rework him a bit so he's actually useful again, and not just focus on Snow Globe?

Edited by Casardis

it may be too late at this point of development, but wouldnt it be better if all the abilities of all warframes would be weaker but always but with low energy cost? 

that aside:

does the team have any idea what things we can expect for stealth 1.0 and parkour 2.0?

have you considered reworking the mod system in any way?

what weapons/warframes are being nerfed/buffed?

when are the endgame features coming (focus, badlands, proxy wars)?

- Alternate Helms, some have stats, others dont. Any ideas on fixing that somehow, as for now some frames have advantages over others because of there stats on helms...

Some good ideas where tossed around, even a mod that simulates the helms stat changes and a mod slot only for these special mods. Maybe adding them being given as mastery rank prizes.

- Drop tables, we still have a cluster of useless items, like credit packs and fusion cores all around the different maps, not only Void, but normal survivals and defenses, any chance those are taken out and getting more credits is automatic for going to higher tiers? Example: If you go 5 waves, you get 1000, if you go 10 waves you get 2500, 15 waves 5000. Higher risk = higher reward.

- Defense overhall, any ideas on making it equivalent to survival. Today playing more waves isnt good, its better to do 5 waves and bale out, you get more credits and prizes, while Survival only lacks on the credits part, even though there are packs, but like stated above, those take away from the risk - reward factoring of these missions.

- Interception is still a bad co-op style of gameplay. Resources get scattered, players stand each on a tower making it less of a co-op game all along, any ideas on working on that style of game? Some have referenced Star Wars Battlefront 2 as a good take on interception missions, by adding a neutral faction along Tenno, or even changing invasion mission to Interception and having the faction you support play with you.

- Infested invasion rewards make it bad to play online, people join only to go to 5 waves/5 minutes and then bale out to do the mission again until they get enough runs. Any chance this can get an overhaul where instead of 3 runs needed, if you do 15 waves its equivalent to 3 runs. Maybe even adding in risk factor, where you have the option to go to wave 15 (same as 3 runs currently), or run it 6 times up to wave 5? This way you would have more people taking the risk instead of baling out at 5 waves.

- Any chance Derelict and Voids can get a online system? Somebody clicks to host online, and people click on the Void section of the map like current planets and nodes pop up, with each mission type, being able to then join online if somebody is hosting? This would make it easier for people wanting to host these not having to spend 30 minutes recruiting sometimes because of endless connection issues.

-Whats' the status on Melee 2.0?

-Status on endgame projects announced? Any chance they'll come within the next 3 months?

-Vor's Prize?

-We have been getting strong proc nightmare mods but when are the actual proc mods going to recieve a buff? (Rifle Aptitude and related).

-Are we going to see scarier leaders in the future? While they're an entertaining gimmick hey aren't really that scary for veterans.

You read my mind!

I wait this for first -Status on endgame projects announced? Any chance they'll come within the next 3 months?