Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Frames

bones7056

Ok i know DE has said tons of times they will never give an option to change the gender of a frame. Which to me is bs.

they said they will never give a voice or take the helm for the face of a frame so players can see them selfs in the frame. in a manor of speaking. 

Thats just bs. that half each way. i cannot see myself in a female frame. im guessing some women could say the same about male frames. 

At the same time i rather not be able to identify it with myself at all and see them as a character with helm off and voice. 

now if i could change the gender then that would make perfect sense. or the vis versa 

Any real reason is not one way instead of the other? (real reasons besides DE says so and "beta"

(now this is all going of things DE said they will never do but ever since that lama is coming out, their "never" statements arnt really never anymore. and if you dont know what i mean i director you to the dozens of threads people had posted over the year about a sentinal that walked and/or ground sentinal and DE said many times it would never happen.

Imagine your Tenno as a genderless being of pure energy and warframes as empty biomechanical shell. If you want even more depth imagine that Tenno not only takes control over warframe but also serves as it's primary power source. There - problem solved.

Its not going to happen, DE has already affirmed that stance and it will stay that way. DE has said though that they might release an opposite gender frame with different abilities and look. Example: Blaze as the male version of Ember. Blaze would have different abilities and could share abilities with ember. But that is probably still far aware.

Also, last I checked the frames are supposed to have their own personality and be their own thing, not just something you use. Hence why we now have stances, having a gender swap ability complete negates all that.

i forgot the audience of the fourms is DE zombies. threw it up on a different fourm and got responces besides "i read the first sentence and i hate you" because most of your points were addressed but you dont seem to care. didnt feel like quoting all most of you  so just the first guy. 

"because DE says so" was covered. 

and hear i thought i would get a logical and thought out response. silly me 

i forgot the audience of the fourms is DE zombies. threw it up on a different fourm and got responces besides "i read the first sentence and i hate you" because most of your points were addressed but you dont seem to care. didnt feel like quoting all most of you  so just the first guy. 

When the question is "Why isn't DE making the game that conforms to my bizzarely narrow standards of acceptability?" the answer "Because De Says so" is perfectly acceptable.

Also I kinda wish you had been trolling, it would have saved some of my faith in humanity.

On a different forum. Where many people there do not know nor care about how this topic has been explained many times by DE.

Here I thought you were familiar with such games as League of Legends and Defense of the Ancients 2 where it is commonplace to play as a female or male without social stigma.

You might want to look at your own social ignorance before calling out others.

Edited by Archistopheles

On a different forum. Where many people there do not know nor care about how this topic has been explained many times by DE.

Because I never asked for it before, and my opinion truth is obviously the most important to DE.

Edited by Ryme

"Because DE said so" is literally all the reason you need.

Their game. Their rules.

You wouldn't go to someone's house and tell them you don't like what color their rugs are.

It's not within DE's vision of the game.

If you don't like their vision, then don't play.

And I seriously hope you're not so close-minded you can't play as a female character class.

Nothing wrong with a guy not wanting to play as a female frame, same as there's nothing wrong with a female not wanting to play as a male frame. OP needs to understand that if he doesn't want to play as a female frame, there are plenty of male frames to play as. I don't play as female frames. Do I come on the forums whining about how I can't play a male version of Ember or Saryn or Valkyr? Nope.

When the question is "Why isn't DE making the game that conforms to my bizzarely narrow standards of acceptability?" the answer "Because De Says so" is perfectly acceptable.

Also I kinda wish you had been trolling, it would have saved some of my faith in humanity.

As a wise game (Oregon Trail) once told me "Hope has been bitten by a snake."

this gender bullshi*** again...

if your that phobic about playing as female, just dont play as a female char.

DE already said that they want to bring alternate frames with opposite gender. Be happy with that.

Thats all.

/thread

Nyx was supposed to be a female Excalibur.

I'm not too sure about why they didnt make two genders per warframe, I suppose it's because of the time it would take but since you already have the design of the Warframe, make a male or female Warframe based on the first gender must not be that time-consuming.

But the fact you don't want to play a Warframe because it's Male only or Female only is indeed weird.

and here i thought i would get a logical and thought out response. silly me 

Maybe come up with a logical and thought out thread, and people will give you a logical and thought out response.

I just use both and roll with Crysis' excuse: Nanites in the suit change the wearer's proportions to fit in the frame. The warframes are all stylized and ornamental, after all.

As a wise game (Oregon Trail) once told me "Hope has been bitten by a snake."

Did you proceed to immediately die of dysentery afterwards?

Maybe come up with a logical and thought out thread, and people will give you a logical and thought out response.

Antoine you know that's just crazy talk.  Everyone knows that rational well thought out posts have no place in forums, I mean if people did that there might be productive conversations instead of intentionally inflammatory threads based on personal biases, ignorance and self importance.  Nobody wants that.

I delcare this thread Asked and Answered.

This, again?

Okay, reasons why not, short version:

-Tons of work by every single department in order to add a meaningless cosmetic to the game.

-Forcing gender selection is highly offensive to people who'd prefer not to have one, so unless they add a non-gendered version of each, it hurts the community.

-Creates and perpetuates harmful stereotypes and uncomfortable situations. Most females in online games, when forced to pick, choose male to avoid harassment.

-Extra time wasted on making gendered duplicates(and triplicates?) of frames comes out of other projects, like making actual new frames.

-Once all 22 existing frames have their multiple gender swaps made for this, and multiple cosmetics made for this, all future frames then require 2 to 3 times as long to create, just so they fit the new running narrative.

...and the reasons to do this:

-Some bigots don't want to be caught in the "wrong gender" frame.

If gosh, you're not a bigot, then gosh, you wouldn't want this.