Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Taking Over The Game.

Urfimus

It's starting to feel a lot like diablo 3 before they took down the AH. I'm just grinding for things to sell instead of farming for the parts/mods to wear. To gear up effectively you have to play the market instead of the game and that is not fun at all.

One solution would be to not be able to trade platinum, but start allowing the trade of formas, potatoes, and credits. This would make large deals (>20plat worth) still go down, but would limit the smaller deals to mainly credits and mods. And since you get a lot of forma BPs in the void, you would still have to farm mats to make a trade them instead of platinum.

Another solution would be limit trading to within your clan with a 30 day delay to trade in order to stop clan hopping for trades, but still allow friends to trade.

The last one I could think of was just reverting the ability to trade prime parts and blueprints and just increasing their vendor value (10k creds or more). I enjoyed it more when my dedication/luck got me the cool looking prime parts instead of how much money I threw into the game to trade or how many things I could sell for plat.

The only trading I've ever done was with friends, and I never got any parts from it only keys. I've worked for every frame I have (except for the Excalibur prime, but that's for obvious reasons) and for every weapon I have. There will be those who play the game fairly and have the pride of winning against the odds.

Ah, I see your guys points. I'm a student so I have the time to grind and that's what I enjoy about the game, even though most don't. But when I see that I can spend some plat and get all the prime parts I need asap, what's the point of grinding? And then after that what's the point of playing since I play to farm and collect new gear.

Trading allows the people who have the time and energy to deal with horrible Void RNG a purpose to doing so after they get what they need for themselves.

Trading should be expanded so they can also turn a profit farming Oxium or helmet blueprints or Brakk parts or whatever else.

My friend just because others are trading for platinum doesn't mean that you are forced to. I myself also do not enjoy this but then again I can see DE's reason for implementing it.

It is a way for them to give players a way to get that one part that kept eluding them for so long. However you can do what I do and just don't even bother and just earn it that way you can keep your head up high :D

no.

I work upwards of 50 hours a week.

I finally have a method of cutting down the grind that i dont have the free time for.

While I do agree that for those like yourself it is a useful tool.

However, nothing has been done to reduce the grind since platinum trading was added.  Infact one could argue with an additional resource (oxium) and primes having been added, the grind has increased.

Honestly I am happy for their to be like for like trading (as they said it was but added platinum anyway, platinum is not 'like' a mod or prime part) to assist in relieving the grind, but the vast majority of trades are done for platinum alone (or in the interest to get more platinum).

One solution would be to not be able to trade platinum, but start allowing the trade of formas, potatoes, and credits. This would make large deals (>20plat worth) still go down, but would limit the smaller deals to mainly credits and mods. And since you get a lot of forma BPs in the void, you would still have to farm mats to make a trade them instead of platinum.

I would be all for never having allowed trading plat. However they did allow it, it worked for them well, and removing it now is a bad idea.  Beyond losing them money, and alienating a large amount of the player base, removing plat trading would decrease the number of people using their time to get rare things, because a lot of them are doing it just so they can trade it for plat and get cosmetics and other things they can't earn in game.

I am all for being able to trade Potatoes, Forma, and Credits (although with the trade tax that third one is pointless).

Another solution would be limit trading to within your clan with a 30 day delay to trade in order to stop clan hopping for trades, but still allow friends to trade.

This would be a bad idea, as it would hurt new players and people who are kicked from a clan far more than it should. Now a 1 day delay on being able to trade after switching clans might work (although I do not know what you are talking about so I cannot say if that would help or not).

The last one I could think of was just reverting the ability to trade prime parts and blueprints and just increasing their vendor value (10k creds or more). I enjoyed it more when my dedication/luck got me the cool looking prime parts instead of how much money I threw into the game to trade or how many things I could sell for plat.

No. This is worse than ideas 1 and 2.

Edited by liavalenth

I wont even mention how annoying ankyros gauntlets and bronco link was to get from only last wave of primes, i managed to get more plat farming for these parts than i had to pay for them.

So until rng is at acceptable lvl i will continue to support trading.

I usually just sell what I don't need and know my clan members already have. It's a convenience but certainly not a necessity like it was in Diablo 3.

I mean really, in vanilla D3 near release, later chapters / difficulties almost required you to use the auction house to be able to effectively get the gear to just survive. Also, while both Warframe and Diablo use RNG, Diablo uses 2 layers of RNG : one for the chance of an actual drop and the rarity/stats of whatever drops.

So while you could drop a metric ton of crap loot before getting anything rare, worthwhile and for your class, it was often easier to see what was up in the AH to make it work.

In Warframe, drops are assured upon mission completion (other than Survival, Defense and Interception) but you know you can get exactly what you want once it drops... not a "Lesser Rhino Prime Helmet of Frailty" or an "Epic Mag Prime Chassis of Electrical Resistance" but the part itself, plain and simple.

Bad luck aside, the RNG is far less infuriating than most games that uses complete randomisation and if you have extras, well you can make someone happy by making a little bit of plat on the side.

Edited by Wiegraf

I usually just sell what I don't need and know my clan members already have. It's a convenience but certainly not a necessity like it was in Diablo 3.

I mean really, in vanilla D3 near release, later chapters / difficulties almost required you to use the auction house to be able to effectively get the gear to just survive. Also, while both Warframe and Diablo use RNG, Diablo uses 2 layers of RNG : one for the chance of an actual drop and the rarity/stats of whatever drops.

So while you could drop a metric ton of crap loot before getting anything rare, worthwhile and for your class, it was often easier to see what was up in the AH to make it work.

In Warframe, drops are assured upon mission completion (other than Survival, Defense and Interception) but you know you can get exactly what you want once it drops... not a "Lesser Rhino Prime Helmet of Frailty" or an "Epic Mag Prime Chassis of Electrical Resistance" but the part itself, plain and simple.

Bad luck aside, the RNG is far less infuriating than most games that uses complete randomisation and if you have extras, well you can make someone happy by making a little bit of plat on the side.

The biggest issue with Diablo 3 was that the game was designed around the idea of AH and Trading, which in turn affected how the gameplay and drops worked in the long run -- a mistake that Blizzard realised after the huge backlash and huge drop in playerbase, and are now fixing it via Loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls. It is a step into the right direction, but D3 has still a long way to go before it can even remotely hold a candle to the glory that is Path of Exile.

And now that you mention drops and RNGs, I wouldn't mind if Warframe actually took a bit from the games that it mimics in their essence, the Diablos, Paths of Exiles, Torchlights, and add some of that randomness, but in a slightly different manner -- via weapon parts with special properties. Think of it this way, (ex) 20-ish prefixes and suffixes applied on each weapon part, with a random chance and intensity rolled upon each and every drop and then spread the weapon parts not only among the mission rewards, but the enemy drops as well. All of a sudden you have a lot more reasons to sit 1h+ in Void Survivals and mow through waves of enemies, because maybe, just maybe, that particular Latron Prime Receiver with 15% increase in Poison Damage and 5% Critical Damage might drop. As a result of this, we end up with thriving market with A LOT of different things being sold + a huge variety and incentive to keep playing.

A bit off-top coment, but hey, you gave me the idea, one that DE can pick and implement in some form in the long run. It is easy content that provides a lot of game longevity, at least from where I'm standing.

I'd rather have that kind of double dipped rng than Warframes. 

when you're running 15 minutes for a 20% chance, at a 5% chance of a piece of a weapon you want it's just frustration with very little sense of reward. 

Actually Warframe uses 2 layers of RNG as well, one to get the correct void key (tier 3 keys being a rare drop in that mix), the second is for getting the part itself.  Some parts are common while others are rare so you are more likely to continiously get the common part (or forma).

Typically the issues with void parts is you need a rare key drop for a rare part drop, which is the cause of the grind itself.  Again this rare then rare again isnt being altered. 

Aside from that the base RNG value selection is broken, often leading to run of 4-5 of the exact same item (or sequence of items), resulting in streaks of extreemly low probability of said streaks occuring, but that occur quite often.

Edited by Loswaith

Aside from that the base RNG value selection is broken, often leading to run of 4-5 of the exact same item (or sequence of items), resulting in streaks of extreemly low probability of said streaks occuring, but that occur quite often.

RNG vs PRNG, and Warframe uses the former, which is something games have been shifting away from for ages now.