Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #26

[DE]Rebecca

Either this is some sort of cruel joke (that`s a stretch) or DE really screwed up once more with the whole grineer systems webstie by putting a 1 week countdown behind another 1 week countdown, therefore angering the entire community (most likely the case).

tune in Friday to get a preview/commentary on all things Update 13'...

They may talk about the things coming in a near future,while we get the first U13 things.... Don't forget that ;)

'preview/commentary'

No I'm afraid it's quite clear. Why would we need a preview or even a commentary on something we already have and played through? No I somehow doubt it. 

Question:

Will be there something Different from every mission that depends on killing enemies? something like exploring the ruins without weapons, using mainly parkour and brain to solve some riddles with plates or energy lines to open doors and get some Lore entry to the Codex, this would surerly add a bit of taste that Tenno are not only mindless weapons but the living creatures that want to learn and live.

Also what will be done to the infested during next updates? they look as they need some work [acients are fine] and their textures are a bit outdated when looking at the Grinniers and Corpus.

@Endgame

History with invasions and certain gamemodes(defense/survival) has shown that veteran players are much more likely to regard game mechanics without a defninite progresssion endpoint as 'real endgame' than any other form of gameplay, which is usually seen as a treadmill or gear/reputation grind to delay the time it takes for your character to be at maximum potential. A personal concern of mine is that Focus and Proxy Wars have definite progression endpoints and will fail to get accepted as endgame due to its limited progression design.

Wouldn't it provide players with motivation to interact with these game modes long term if, let's say you'd need a constant stream of XP to keep using your focus ability? Or that the Proxy War system would allow players at different reputation ranks to influence the decisions their faction of choice makes in the war?

No. It clearly states 'tune in Friday to get a preview/commentary on all things Update 13'. 

Pretty clear. 

Update 13 is more than just one patch in gaming terms.

We've been operating in update 12 for some time

Consider Melee 2.0 to be the START of update 13. Not its finale.

Question 1:

With this preview of U13 (I'm guessing for the PC) coming on friday, what sort of timeframe do you think it will be before PS4 recieves the same update (after the initial release on the PC -  week/month/etc)?

Question 2:

While the release of the earth tileset being restricted to earth will there be a similar restriction on the Grineer Shipyards Tileset being restricted purely to one planet/node?

Question 3:

Since giving information concerning endgame content (badlands, solar rails, etc) has the responses from the comunity changed your thinking on how various parts are to be implemented.

Question 4:

Melee 2.0 eta?

Question for everyone on the couch!

*Do you plan to make content in the near future that will challenge, reward and satisfy the hardcore Warframe player such as myself. Give me some difficult and challenging content to sink my teeth into! 

Update 13 is more than just one patch in gaming terms.

We've been operating in update 12 for some time

Consider Melee 2.0 to be the START of update 13. Not its finale.

I'm sorry but to pull on the wording, again, it would say 'following the implementation of U13' or words similar, indicating the 'start'. 

I could be wrong but from what is in the post it looks like the introduction of U13 will be after it i.e. next wednesday.

"preview"

..preview...

......preview......

By Friday..we're getting a PREVIEW of U13?? aka we're not going to have U13 today??

( snaps under the extremely hype and disappointment going crazy and running off into the sunset laughing maniacally. )

Question:

Will be there something Different from every mission that depends on killing enemies? something like exploring the ruins without weapons, using mainly parkour and brain to solve some riddles with plates or energy lines to open doors and get some Lore entry to the Codex, this would surerly add a bit of taste that Tenno are not only mindless weapons but the living creatures that want to learn and live.

Also what will be done to the infested during next updates? they look as they need some work [acients are fine] and their textures are a bit outdated when looking at the Grinniers and Corpus.

I would like some parkour specific game modes. That would be fun and entertaining in my opinion. 

Questions :

1. Where/which planet will the grineer shipyard tileset be placed in? Will it replace some of the tileset already available on some of the current planets?

2. Will the interception mission(currently only on Earth) be available to the game on other planets? I personally think that mission is a lot of fun & having more variation of it on other planet would be great..

3. Will the hijack mission be available in the game anytime soon?

4. There are some speculation about cloth physics coming with Update 13, is it true?

5. How big of a game-changer/meta-play-style-changer will melee 2.0 be? 

6. Do you have an ETA(general timeframe) for Quests?

7. When will update 13 actually arrive?