Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #26

[DE]Rebecca

As much as I want this update to be as ready as possible, the teaser site got everyone worked up. You should've seen this coming DE.

Yeah, I'm pretty confused too.  A countdown to a countdown to the biggest update ever that's already been pushed back at least once? How can we express our frustration in the most constructive way?

Issue 1) When will Crossplay be brought up again? I know Account Migration is viable, but not currently implemented for certain.....reasons. However it was almost cruelly tantalizing to be within 0.1 difference in version numbers, before last week's Tenno reinforcement. 

Can't there be some way of in the initial U.I. for users to opt-in to be kept at the console version number, instead of the current PC version? Instead of dictating that all PC players must play with PC players, give them the choice. It will seem forward thinking, and I'm sure will be appreciated. Don't let your partners be scapegoats, meet them halfway if possible. As of this writing there are many other indie PC titles that are already doing this in a fashion. Both Starbound and Minecraft have now implemented "Stable" and "Unstable" build choices, allowing players to chose to be on the cutting edge, or not. 

Edited by Neumeier

Should have held off on the teaser site for a week.  There are going to be a lot of &!$$ed off people now.  A couple taters and a forma aren't going to change that.  How the hell could they have not seen that coming?

Edited by Aggh

Given that the words 'Preview' and 'Friday' are used in conjunction, you can assume we are not getting U13 today, it seems.

Much sadness to be had...

Still, Working System > Disappointing Mess.

I do have a question however.

Given that we have seen so many delays in the release of Melee 2.0, can you now list specific setbacks you encounters and had to change? Perhaps that could help us understand the unexpected levels of SOON.

Questions:
1) When can we expect to get our own personal ships?

2) What level of customization can we expect to get over these personal ships?

3)When should we expect the new Hub/Space stations?

4) With the idea of developing our Tenno in comparison to just our Warframes, will we be able to have "Casual Wear"? We needn't wear armor all the time, so why walk around our Dojo and these friendly spaceships clad in armor instead of just wearing something we can customize and wear.

5)What new Dojo stuff should we expect? Any new rooms aside from aesthetic ones for example?

6)With the introduction of the Kubrow and possibly that bird, what new wildlife should we expect to see?

7) Will the upcoming badlands look any different from anywhere else? Will they have their own tiles and tilesets?

8)What other bosses will be revamped? Sgt.Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor need some serious fixing.

9) When can we expect the sub-factions to come into play? This may not be their actual name, but the ones that assist the story like the scholars of Saturn and that group of assassins.

10)What plans do you have to all factions aside the Grineer? The Grineer has an immense amount of variety and many tilesets under their belt, but the corpus and the corrupted and the infestation (and especially the feral/wildlife) are lacking in comparison.

Question: Will weapons ever grow with level, OTHER than mod capacity? As it is right now, a weapon leveling feels very meh, especially when that level doesn't let you add any new mods. Not only that, but if a player doesn't have a mod like serration or the like, the base damage of the weapon never increases. Is it possible that in the future, base damage increases would be inherent to the weapon, and not based on mods? (personally, I'd much prefer this.)

Question: I have been noticing more and more small amounts of interactions with environments lately, such as hacking a terminal to move something to progress. Will such interactions within tilesets become more and more a regular thing?

A question for the devs. Now that you have had time for the trading system to settle and gather some data, what kind of statistics can you give us? (For example have you noticed a change in the amount of platinum being bought? How many items are sold a day and how much platinum is traded?)

Given that the words 'Preview' and 'Friday' are used in conjunction, you can assume we are not getting U13 today, it seems.

Much sadness to be had...

Still, Working System > Disappointing Mess.

I'd also prefer a polished update, but the point is that they should've expected how much hype the teaser site brings. And especially since they typically give no release window for the next major update, people WILL assume U13 would've been today. It was terrible thinking, or essentially terrible timing, on their part.

I know you probably already know this, it's just simply wrong what they did.

Edited by Xelorx

We will be covering all kinds of coming content, including:

2) Grineer Shipyards Tileset

During the preview of the shipyards tileset in Tethra's Doom, it was obvious that the new tileset has a lot more dynamic content like construction lasers and such. Are there any plans to revisit the older tilesets and add in new dynamic content to freshen them up?