Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

I think it just makes for more unique uses for the frames.

If someone wants to stack 800 shields, go for it, use a warframe with high base shield. This actually helps to make the "tanky" warframes feel more tanky compared to your squishy warframes.

On the other hand, i would much rather forgo that shield mod, and use other ones instead (for high base shield warframes)

The other way arround also workes. So far i've been running Loki with a 200% shield + 200% hp mods and doing just fine, now i can use the 200% shield+hp buff, slap a + 200% shield mod, give up vitality mod, and have room for more stuff. Or even give up both shield+hp mods.

This. The only thing this patch broke was the must have shield and vitality mods

I think the amount of time needed to build something is a bit too much some times. 12 h is fine but 3 days is kinda..

Personally, I don't mind this. Mainly because the devs have to make money somehow, and making things much less convenient to grind for rather than buy with real money is a much better thing than pay to win style systems where you can't grind for something at all. Plus they even included a fairly cheap method to hurry production if you're willing to spend real money, but don't have want to spend the twenty bucks it takes to outright buy a warframe.

Granted I'd argue that the warframes and weapons are too expensive to impulse buy and that this is hurting sales, but the concept here is totally sound.

This. The only thing this patch broke was the must have shield and vitality mods

Thats the problem, i think im going to play solo until the nerf becouse i dont want to see people abusing it in $&*&*#(%& way (Soaking all firegun, running at a horde of enemies and killing them like nothing, SPEEDRUNNERS, etc)

Btw, platinum purchase prices need to be re-adjusted for mag+volt since she replaced him as starter frame.

Its still:

Mag: 175

Volt: 75

Guessing Mag should be 75 (same as excal + loki), and Volt needs to be increased.

I think it just makes for more unique uses for the frames.

If someone wants to stack 800 shields, go for it, use a warframe with high base shield. This actually helps to make the "tanky" warframes feel more tanky compared to your squishy warframes.

On the other hand, i would much rather forgo that shield mod, and use other ones instead (for high base shield warframes)

The other way arround also workes. So far i've been running Loki with a 200% shield + 200% hp mods and doing just fine, now i can use the 200% shield+hp buff, slap a + 200% shield mod, give up vitality mod, and have room for more stuff. Or even give up both shield+hp mods.

Right of course which makes the system awesome and it's why I like it... not having to use a hp mod on any of my frames is great because I can use anything I want to. It's the fact that the disparity between the base numbers is so high that I could put a health mod (mine is 240%) in my Loki and still have less health than my Ash does just by existing. I definitely think that Frost/Rhino are fine having more health/shields than other frames and should scale accordingly. I also don't think that all frames should be the same hp wise, I just think that the passive buff should be a flat number rather than a percentage.

Take the same scaling as we have now and compare a frame with 75/100/125/150 hp if every frame just got a flat 150 hp instead of a 200% boost and then compare them with a card. Right now 75/100/125/150 translates to 225/300/375/450 hp just by being rank 30, on the flip side if every frame got a flat 150 hp you would have 225/250/275/300 hp. While those numbers are close together when you add a hp mod into the mix they start to separate again (assuming 240% health mod) you'd have 405/490/575/660 hp which is still a pretty big difference versus right now where you have 405/540/675/810 hp comparitively. Another way it could be done allowing for variation but less maximum separation is doing 75 gets +150hp, 100 gets +175hp, 125 gets +200hp, 150 gets +225hp which would end up with: 225/275/325/375 and when upgraded with a 240% health mod: 405/515/625/735 which also gives good separation, but doesn't push it to the extreme we have right now.

Again I'm very happy that we got passives because they were desperately needed to allow for better warframe customization and being capable to doing things without requiring health/shield mods. I just think having the top numbers being double the bottom numbers just by the sheer act of choosing one frame versus another is too far. There certainly should be differences, and the base numbers I think are still perfectly fine. It's just that carrying the huge separation between the frames means that something has to give balance wise. Perhaps the answer lies with making the mods a flat number (instead of percentage) rather than the passives a flat number, because that keeps the base differences but allows warframes to have equal upgrades. I just figured that passives being a flat number was easier to code than to redo card numbers, but I'd imagine either way it'd be possible for them.

entonces de que sirve llegar al maximo nivel de tus armas y warframe si no te da puntos para subir de nivel la cuenta? es un poco ilogico tendria que siempre estas cambiando de arma cada vez que lleguen a 30? para asi subir de nivel? o que?

entonces de que sirve llegar al maximo nivel de tus armas y warframe si no te da puntos para subir de nivel la cuenta? es un poco ilogico tendria que siempre estas cambiando de arma cada vez que lleguen a 30? para asi subir de nivel? o que?

I don't speak spanish, only portuguese. I hope that your grasp of portuganish is as good as my grasp of spanish =)

Los níveis no sobem de acuerdo com o tu "level", mas sim com o rank do warframe que usted usa. E armas no tiene nada haver com o que foi introducido neste patch.

ademas ya casi tengo todas mis armas en nivel 30 incluso mi centinela cuando tenga todo a nivel 30 no ganare mas punto para subir de nivel mi cuenta?..... seria mucho que fuera asi..... perdida de tiempo... y si es asi pues deverian revisar ese sistema y mejorarlo para que aun con armas al maximo y warfram uno siga aumentando su nivel de cuenta...

The thing is

What would you take in place of shields/health?

Cause to me, 500 more shield is a hell of a lot more useful than 25 loot radar when they cost the same amount of mod points

Another ability? Upgrades to your current abilities? More stamina? More power? Enemy radar? The list goes on, man.

Agree with you but also wanted to add - the cost is slightly less and the effectiveness (return on credits + burning a mod) has been increased as well.

+1.

It's great to see devs that actually respond to the community's feedback and can actually admit they can and do make mistakes and work to fix em.

One important thing to remember about many of the "omg so op now" people is that they primarily grind out stuff on the easier planets. There's also the fact that no solid endgame exists yet. There's a great deal of room for more difficulty to be introduced. Not just more enemies, but smarter and more varied enemies. I've been doing those level 40+ missions alone because no one else seems to when I'm on. That's in what's apparently a 10 armor frame. I'm looking forward to seeing what's added in the future.

I'm also totally on board with giving frames individual strengths. So what if Loki still has comparitively weak health and shields? Loki is a pretty great frame for other reasons.

Translation:

What is the point of reaching maximum level on your 'frames and weapons if they don't grant any XP to increase account level?

It's a little illogical to have to always be changing loadouts every time you reach level 30.

En este momento, no hay mucha diferencia en cada nivel de cuenta. Entiendo lo que estas dicendo, pero no hay cambio significativo entre cada nivel que un arreglo es necesario ahora. Nivel de cuenta solamente deja uno aceso a unos 'frames or armas. Creo que uno tiene aceso a todo cuando llega al nivel 4 - algo que no toma mucho tiempo para ganar.

At this moment, there isnt much difference between character levels. I understand what you're saying, but there really isnt significant change between character levels that a fix is necessary right now. Account level only allows one access to certain frames or weapons. I believe one has access to everything by level four which doesnt take very long to get to.

ademas ya casi tengo todas mis armas en nivel 30 incluso mi centinela cuando tenga todo a nivel 30 no ganare mas punto para subir de nivel mi cuenta?..... seria mucho que fuera asi..... perdida de tiempo... y si es asi pues deverian revisar ese sistema y mejorarlo para que aun con armas al maximo y warfram uno siga aumentando su nivel de cuenta...

Translation:

Also, I almost have all my weapons to level 30 - including my Sentinel - I will no longer earn more XP for my account? It would be too much if it were so . . . a waste of time . . . and if it is this way, well, could you guys (the devs) revise this system and make it better so that one with maxed weapons and 'frames can keep leveling their accounts?

Estoy de aquerdo con esto. Tambien tengo mis armas favoritas maximizadas. Pero, denuevo, nivels de cuenta no cambian el juego mucho, y en este momento, no importan mucho.

I agree with you on this point. I also have all my favorite weapons maxed. But, again, account levels dont change the game much, and at this time, dont really mean much.

I think the update makes it too easy now. It was a bit easy before except for mobile defense and now im running around with 750 shield and 500 health without maxed mods(volt) and only danger now are heavy burst attacks from bosses and dancing around toxics.

Guys, now if you want to have a ton of health of shield it's up to you, but if you prefer other mods, it's your choice. What I see with this update is the returning of the exclusive warframe mods, like melee damage mod for Excalibur. Before who would think of wasting one space for that? Now it's a totally viable choice.

At first I thought the health and shields were an April Fool's joke as they were both coincidentally 420, as in 4/20. I had a good chuckle and then realize it was just this. Still a welcome change. Made things a bit easy albeit.

Sometime it is better (I prefer this) to increase top-end AI lethality than survivability.

Hi Steve:

My two cents here.

Lethality - yes - but put in too much with current enemy design and you essentially turn the game into a cover shooter, which it already somewhat turns into at higher levels.

I feel the key here is to increase lethality but also put in less hitscan weapons and more slow moving weapons, which would encourage players to use their movement sets rather than rely on shields/hp to survive. I feel your design with the infested enemies is well done, as it encourages players to use their movesets to the fullest when avoiding death (you should, though, fix chargers so that they aren't completely nullified as threats as soon as you jump on a box).

Give the enemies more variety in attacks. Keep the weak spots, but up-armor the rest. Keep the hitscan weapons, but make the most damage come from dodgeable projectiles. Give enemies more rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and vertical launch missile type weapons |(bonus points if you allow us to shoot down rockets in mid-flight). Force players to move around. Make it so that shield and hp means nothing if you stand still and tank the high damage projectiles.

Edited by mithie2