Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Damage 2.0 Melee 2.0 Can We Finally Get Stealth Now?

hatetheory

To be fair we have some imporvemnts to stealth over the months...

Like silent weapons. longer animations for enemies to trigger alarms and recently the ability turn alarms off (plus codex vision can see through walls).

Now obviously that doesn't create a full on stealth experience but its not accurate to say no mentions of it.

Going forward I hope they find additional ways to increase the viability of stealth play.

They have said that 'Stealth 2.0' won't happen as one patch. You can't just stab people with stealth needles and make them stealthy. It needs to go in through incentive to not trip alarms, worthwhile damage on backstabs, opportunities that are ruined by brute force like enemies that escape or seal off a door. Etc. etc. Instead, improving stealth is an ongoing thing.

I believe they said the next mission type to get revamped is going to be Rescue, and it will have some more stealth elements to it now. They were not specific however. Not that I recall anyway.

You know a lot of people who want you to play this game like Tenchu?

LOL

I know alot of people want this if i could play this game like tenchu then I would be addicted for good. The talked about it a long time ago and no mentions since anyway whats your thoughts on stealth tenno?

DE has acknowledged in the livestreams that stealth needs work and it is coming.

Stealth?

Who needs stealth when you can nuke the room before they raise any alarms?

Some of us want stealth, like to play stealth and have been asking for it for ages.

In the same way that melee needed to be viable for a game a about ninjas, so does stealth.

Edited by Keiiken

Stealth 1.0! But honestly i'd love to see lore fleshed out first. And i think Tenno werent made to be stealthy, Some like Ash, Loki and Banshee might be more in the stealth zone but i cant imagine rhino being stealthy. Atleast he'd be harder to hide. I think Tenno are Warriors first and foremost. People describe them as Ninjas but... Do we really have to put labels like that on them? They arent Samurai then arent Ninjas. They. Are. Tenno.  Masters of Sword and Gun, Masters of the Warframe Armour. We cant and shouldnt compare them to what we know. They are something else entirely. Untill we know what DE wants with them AKA: Lore. let the stealth be.

Why add stealth next when melee 2.0 isn't even satisfactory.

Melee 2.0 is being worked on man... IMO what we have now is just the "alpha" version and they need our feedbacks to turn it into a satisfying final version.

We act like ninjas, use ninja weapons, so we should use the ninja methods thus : Stealth 2.0 .

However we must know how we became ninjas, who is our leader/daimyo thus : Lore 1.0 .

First we need AI and combat 2.0. But that has to wait until Focus, Proxy Wars, hubs and the new faction has been released. Sprinkle a few new tilesets and boss remakes in there and you're gonna have to wait until 2016 for some meaningful stealth that's not just just some underplayed mission type but available to use everywhere.

I know alot of people want this if i could play this game like tenchu then I would be addicted for good. The talked about it a long time ago and no mentions since anyway whats your thoughts on stealth tenno?

Fixing Shade's Ghost ability would be a good start... I even talked about a good solution for it here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/204776-ghost-ability-rework/?hl=ghost

After that, I would love to see improvements to enemy detection and general map layout to better suit stealth, and even make mission types that are best suited (but not required) for stealth. Unfortunately, like others have said, most people playing Warframe have Call of Duty Syndrome. Runrunrunshootshootrunrunshootrun!

Melee 2.0 is being worked on man... IMO what we have now is just the "alpha" version and they need our feedbacks to turn it into a satisfying final version.

We act like ninjas, use ninja weapons, so we should use the ninja methods thus : Stealth 2.0 .

However we must know how we became ninjas, who is our leader/daimyo thus : Lore 1.0 .

Lore is nice, but a good cohesive game narrative would be preferred. Right now, most bosses feel weakly deployed from a story perspective (Jackal, anyone?) and random nodes feel like they have absolutely no purpose. Why am I doing this Sabotage? 

Stealth 1.0! But honestly i'd love to see lore fleshed out first. And i think Tenno werent made to be stealthy, Some like Ash, Loki and Banshee might be more in the stealth zone but i cant imagine rhino being stealthy. Atleast he'd be harder to hide. I think Tenno are Warriors first and foremost. People describe them as Ninjas but... Do we really have to put labels like that on them? They arent Samurai then arent Ninjas. They. Are. Tenno.  Masters of Sword and Gun, Masters of the Warframe Armour. We cant and shouldnt compare them to what we know. They are something else entirely. Untill we know what DE wants with them AKA: Lore. let the stealth be.

They are cybernetically-enhanced space ninjas. Yes, Rhino seems a little comical to be stealthy, but the option should be there regardless. In no way should we leave stealth be. You can keep running and gunning with Rhino, but I would prefer to have the option to actually use Banshee stealthily, which currently I can not. Sniper, yes. Stealth, no.

First we need AI and combat 2.0. But that has to wait until Focus, Proxy Wars, hubs and the new faction has been released. Sprinkle a few new tilesets and boss remakes in there and you're gonna have to wait until 2016 for some meaningful stealth that's not just just some underplayed mission type but available to use everywhere.

I wish Focus and Proxy Wars would wait until they had a solid narrative for the game. Sadly most Warframe players want gameplay content before story content, but I digress.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Fixing Shade's Ghost ability would be a good start... I even talked about a good solution for it here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/204776-ghost-ability-rework/?hl=ghost

After that, I would love to see improvements to enemy detection and general map layout to better suit stealth, and even make mission types that are best suited (but not required) for stealth. Unfortunately, like others have said, most people playing Warframe have Call of Duty Syndrome. Runrunrunshootshootrunrunshootrun!

Lore is nice, but a good cohesive game narrative would be preferred. Right now, most bosses feel weakly deployed from a story perspective (Jackal, anyone?) and random nodes feel like they have absolutely no purpose. Why am I doing this Sabotage? 

Precisely. Yesterday I checked the codex and saw some little hints of the lore (Excalibur and Ember description) and left with more questions tnan answers. What's this damn Vor prize?... They talked about this chapter since devstream 10 I think, and we still have nothing.

Seriously, they should definitely add these 2 big things or else people will still have the feeling of shooting every non-Tenno character in the same repetitive missions.

DE has acknowledged in the livestreams that stealth needs work and it is coming.

Some of us want stealth, like to play stealth and have been asking for it for ages.

In the same way that melee needed to be viable for a game a about ninjas, so does stealth.

Can't take a joke? lol

They said that stealth 1.0 isn't going to be a giant patch. It'll be spread out with little new additions and tests over time.

Yup. Which is why I said a rework of Ghost would be a good start.

Precisely. Yesterday I checked the codex and saw some little hints of the lore (Excalibur and Ember description) and left with more questions tnan answers. What's this damn Vor prize?... They talked about this chapter since devstream 10 I think, and we still have nothing.

Seriously, they should definitely add these 2 big things or else people will still have the feeling of shooting every non-Tenno character in the same repetitive missions.

Yeah, the reason I do *not* want more lore, is because lore is disjointed, jumbled, and should NEVER be written without implementing a story/narrative first. Two examples of lore done right: Mass Effect Trilogy and the Elder Scrolls series. The games have a strong narrative, and there is background info (lore) that fills out the world to make it more believable (news bulletins and codex entries in Mass Effect, books and rumours in Elder Scrolls). Lore should never been used as a primary means of telling a story. They need to make a bloody narrative FIRST, then worry about the lore.

Sorry for the rant... I feel rather strongly about this topic, as you can probably tell.