Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters Of Liberty? Something About The Title...

Arlayn

I realize your all going to assume I am going to go with MGS2 first, but as someone who knows a thing or two I am going to go with those who went against the crown, and did things like the Boston Tea party.

Yes I am talking about "The Sons of Liberty"

It seems odd they used the title with Specters, and not something like the Veil of Liberty. Since basically these Red Veil guys are just rebels, and possibly considered terrorist to Grineer, and Corpus just like the Sons of Liberty were to the Crown. I am just going to assume the Red Veil are an organization of rebels similar to that of the Sons of Liberty. Does that make the Tenno the Patriots? Since the Sons of Liberty were just a small organization. The Patriots were an army that was being formed to fight the British at the time.

Is DE trying to say history repeats itself?

Also does this mean there will be random news popping up every now, and then about their actions? Are they going to have a Earth beer party, and throw all the Grineer beer out the nearest airlock? Maybe a Venus Moa party, and throw Moas down a cliff to be buried by an avalanche. Of course the Sons of Liberty were pretty extreme, and violent. Does this mean the Red Veil are violent extremist too? Well I guess we will have to wait, and see what future actions the Red Veil show us next. I wouldn't be surprised if they blew up a grineer settlement on Phobos to be honest.

Also does this mean there will be random news popping up every now, and then about their actions? Are they going to have a Earth beer party, and throw all the Grineer beer out the nearest airlock? Maybe a Venus Moa party, and throw Moas down a cliff to be buried by an avalanche. Of course the Sons of Liberty were pretty extreme, and violent. Does this mean the Red Veil are violent extremist too? Well I guess we will have to wait, and see what future actions the Red Veil show us next. I wouldn't be surprised if they blew up a grineer settlement on Phobos to be honest.

This made me laugh for some reason

some dum theory that one organization controls the actions of the world. thats what illuminati is...some dum theory.

Eyup, and people like to buy into ideas like that because the truth - that the universe is a chaotic place where anything can go horribly wrong at any given moment - terrifies them to their core.

---

On topic, I like your reasoning, OP, and I myself do agree that history does repeat itself - because people are stupid and don't learn jack from their mistakes. I'm looking to seeing more from the Red Veil, they sound like a really interesting group.

I realize your all going to assume I am going to go with MGS2 first, but as someone who knows a thing or two I am going to go with those who went against the crown, and did things like the Boston Tea party.

Yes I am talking about "The Sons of Liberty"

It seems odd they used the title with Specters, and not something like the Veil of Liberty. Since basically these Red Veil guys are just rebels, and possibly considered terrorist to Grineer, and Corpus just like the Sons of Liberty were to the Crown. I am just going to assume the Red Veil are an organization of rebels similar to that of the Sons of Liberty. Does that make the Tenno the Patriots? Since the Sons of Liberty were just a small organization. The Patriots were an army that was being formed to fight the British at the time.

Is DE trying to say history repeats itself?

Space Merica! 

I hope the Red Veil is one of the factions you will be able to join for the end game content Steve has been talking about.

I gave a Veil hostage my stilletos and holy S#&$ did he go crazy with them. That's the type of person I want fighting by my side XD

Edited by ShadowCore67

Pretty sure it's because they give you spectres when you liberate them.

lack of imagination in that one... A play on words always means something when it comes to DE. Like Oberon originally being found on earth you know fairy king in the woods type deal?