Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would That Actually Be Fun?

Llyssa

Reading lots of ideas lately.

Many of them are "that sounds cool".

Most of them are also "that doesn't sound remotely like fun".

Can we agree as a community that the point of the game is to have fun?

I'm kind of tired of reading all of these things that would be interesting in movies that would also make for really awful gameplay/mechanics.

Example, "what if the flesh ripped off the guy and started attacking people, dragging them to the ground and then ripping them apart too?"

In a movie: WOAH. Freaky. That would look cool and scary, and be some crazy special effects.

In a game: So you mean this BS is a contagious perma-knockdown stunlock that causes inescapable death? WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THIS?

Yet, there'd be legions of people going "COOL! PUT THAT IN THE GAME!" because they think of it like a movie.

Once it's in, everyone who plays would absolutely hate it, and the "PLZ NERF NAO!" threads would be endless, but man, it SOUNDED cool.

Think about that before suggesting stuff, please.

Edited by Llyssa

I'm not sure what criteria were used to select those current infested ideas but I hope a bit more reason goes into selecting the Corpus ones. This reason though needs to take place before the voting. Needs to happen when the submissions are selected.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

98% of people are stupid, sadly we share the same planet

I can assure you they will never read this post, nor care or realise their idiocy, and it will die at the bottom of the forum.

I'll give you a life tip: don't waste your breath on these people (or keyboard in this case)

98% of people are stupid, sadly we share the same planet

I can assure you they will never read this post, nor care or realise their idiocy, and it will die at the bottom of the forum.

I'll give you a life tip: don't waste your breath on these people (or keyboard in this case)

While your response no doubt would get marks on a "Let's be condescending" paper, I fail to see it's value. Comment on the post and don't lord yourself over people needlessly.

I agree with the OP, some ideas are simply ridiculous gameplay wise but seem to get people going because they're kind of a cool concept.

If the voting is up to the design council like it was for creating new frames a year ago, abandon all hope. But I agree OP

Hey, we did a good job with Nova... Right? *looks over and sees Nova players 4-ing their way through wave 100 on ODD.* Okay, so maybe it wasn't a good job, but at least we tried. It's the thought that counts, right?

This is the main reason why:

a) There are far more game players than there are game designers.

b) I despise all "Let's ask the fans for ideas for gameplay concepts!" events in any capacity.

Edited by A5PECT

Hey, we did a good job with Nova... Right? *looks over and sees Nova players 4-ing their way through wave 100 on ODD.* Okay, so maybe it wasn't a good job, but at least we tried. It's the thought that counts, right?

You did try, i kinda blame you guys for Nekros too, just a lil.

I want the sounds to be implemented with the new Infested. See how i like them, i want the Infested to be the horror part of this game, where when you start the game, they literally make you fear all of them until you have killed a thousand of them! :D

Infested maps should be very dark, the enemies should be horrifying, and the sound they make should make you shiver. :)

Ofcourse all of these have to be met for each one to work, if the enemies are not horrifying then people will complain about the dark map, if the map isn't dark it will take away from the horror if the infested are creepy as hell and sound creepy, and if the infested are creepy but the sound they make isn't people will complain.

So let me repeat, for the sounds to work the Infested need to be scary, there maps need to be scary, and the sound they make need to be scary. You can not have just 1-2 of these things you have to have all of them.