Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Got Bored So Here's Some Math:

Terumitsu

So, by the current progression system, unless DE does eventually decrease the amount of mastery points needed for rank 30, If we by the current percentages of sources of mastery points then the final counts of non-exclusive items required to be obtainable are as follows:

~490 weapons

~85 Warframes

~22 Sententials and their unique weapons

And a final count of ~887 map nodes.

Now, seeing that we're resting at 140 or so weapons and under 30 frames and so on, I would think that either there is a hell of a lot to come or there will probably be some changes at some point. Now, an interesting point to make is that because the game follows a geometric progression rather than a linear one, we aren't even at the half way point for content. That would be at midway through Mastery Rank 22.

And there was some rounding done here but I'm fairly certain that it would be fairly difficult or at least interesting to somehow incorporate 1/4th of a warframe into the leveling system.

This isn't a critique or anything, mind. Just some information that I thought was kinda interesting if a bit silly. I'd also say that it's hardly indicative of anything as I can't really project the final percentages of affinity granting items and must go off of what is already present.

Edit: Numbers edited to more correct amounts as I apparently folded in an exclusive or two in there by accident in the original figures.

And because I mentioned actual math:

132 non-exclusive weapons = 396,000 rank points

23 frames =  138,000 points

6 Sentenals + Weapons = 54,000 points

239 map nodes worth 14,724 points or an average of ~61.61 points per node.

Total = 605,724 or what you can see on the wiki.

Next bit is just some dividing:

396,000/605,724 = .6537 or ~65.4% of total affinity gotten from weapons

138,000/605,724 = .2278 or ~22.8% from warframes

54,000/605,724 = .0891 or ~9% from sentenals

14,724/605,724 = .0243 or ~2% from nodes

Extrapolating the percentages based upon the minimum requirement of 2,250,000 points to get to rank 30:

2,250,000*.6537 = 1,470,825 total points. /3000 = 490.275

2,250,000*.2278 = 512,550 total points. /6000 =  85.425

2,250,000*.0891 = 200,475 total points. /9000 (because sentenals grant 200 per rank while weapons grant only 100) = 22.275

2,250,000*.0243 = 54,675 total points. /61.61 = 887.43710436617432235026781366661

Edited by Terumitsu

I got bored, so here's a funny meme:

2lna7mx.jpg

This is a stupid response to a informative OP. You bring shame to yo' famiry.

On topic tho, those numbers sure are large and, if DE's current pacing of content adding is something to go by, it would take quite a few years for them to achieve it.

I DO hope they dont make some stupid S#&$.

So, by the current progression system, unless DE does eventually decrease the amount of mastery points needed for rank 30, If we by the current percentages of sources of mastery points then the final counts of non-exclusive items required to be obtainable are as follows:

~507 weapons

~83 Warframes

~21 Sententials and their unique weapons

And a final count of ~767 map nodes.

Now, seeing that we're resting at 140 or so weapons and under 30 frames and so on, I would think that either there is a hell of a lot to come or there will probably be some changes at some point. Now, an interesting point to make is that because the game follows a geometric progression rather than a linear one, we aren't even at the half way point for content. That would be at midway through Mastery Rank 22.

And there was some rounding done here but I'm fairly certain that it would be fairly difficult or at least interesting to somehow incorporate 1/4th of a warframe into the leveling system.

This isn't a critique or anything, mind. Just some information that I thought was kinda interesting if a bit silly. I'd also say that it's hardly indicative of anything as I can't really project the final percentages of affinity granting items and must go off of what is already present.

thank you, that is interesting.

Makes me feel better too, knowing we're not leaving beta any time soon.

Isn't focus based on the Xp that doesn't go to mastery?

Thats the idea, as far as I'm aware at any rate.

Everyone saying this will cry like a baby when the focus system is released ;)

The current mastery system is unfit for purpose. Before they attach anything even remotely meaningful to it, it should be reworked from scratch or scrapped altogether.

Well mastery right now is still being worked on, so odds are things will change very much before we get to MR 30. At least I hope so.

Also, I see no math... I was promised math.

There is now math rather than the end results!

I was also bored so here is some more Math:

This year to date there has been 96000 points added to mastery in the form of 23 weapons, 3 frames and 1 sentinel + weapon.

I hit mastery 16 just now and require 82176 to 17.

If they keep up the same level of addition then mastery 17 should come around November, however they are slowing with the weapons and frames and instead are also adding more cosmetics so it could be nearer the end of the year. (im missing a total of 4 weapons).

I can't stop imagining a weapon that would be so powerful, it required Mastery Rank 30 to even know it exists.

Wait...

Dual Skana Prime.

I can tell you, the Skana Prime is not a powerful weapon, and the Dakra Prime outclasses it in every stat by a mile.

Other than style points, there is no real reason to use it over the Dakra.

To the op:

Good info, I like seeing stuff like this.

Edited by Instinction

Personally I would not be surprised if mastery points get folded somehow into mission completion. For example, maybe in the proxy wars system there will be a "campaign" of missions that chain together, and every time you complete the chain you get a few mastery points.  Or give mastery points for getting certain scores in the elusive reputation system.  Or for killing bosses.  Etc.

22 sentinels? Wonder who has the creativity to come up with such Sentinel ability diversity..

>_>

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230444-some-sentinel-flavors/

646401779 = The amount of times the prodman meme has been used, take away the amount of posts

currently on the forum (2535037)

=643866742

take away todays date which is the 5/20/2014!

= 638664728

Divide by 52 threads dedicated to the trinity nerf.

= 12282014

Which is a US date! 12/28/2014! Which means the rapture is coming!

646401779 = The amount of times the prodman meme has been used, take away the amount of posts

currently on the forum (2535037)

=643866742

take away todays date which is the 5/20/2014!

= 638664728

Divide by 52 threads dedicated to the trinity nerf.

= 12282014

Which is a US date! 12/28/2014! Which means the rapture is coming!

Does this also mean Half Life 3 confirmed?

Codex could give mastery, points for every star in it, meaning each enemy/boss/eximus, but also for each maxed mod, each maxed weapon/frame, and perhaps other things later.

I'm going to post sometime in the near future about a star chart+ thing that I would like to see which basically adds difficulty levels akin to borderlands or diablo so the same levels can be replayed with added challenges and higher enemy levels, that's another way mastery could be done. But that's just a pipe dream.

Edited by VegetableBasket