Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 16 (Kind Of Unfair)

SSI_Kryptix

The max rank is 30, so obviously DE will continue to release content that adds to your Mastery. Founders will reach the max a little faster, but how this affects anyone enough to be unfair is beyond me. Who cares???

Whilst I agree the OP complaint is pretty meaningless atm, everyone assuming a max rank of 30 baffles me. Plenty of people have done the maths on mastery to determine how many new weapons we'd need to do that (answer: too many, far too many) and I cannot see DE releasing that much content.

I would suspect that the 30 rank was a convenient number that matched weapon levels when initially working on the game and not something that was ever really considered to be achievable. Of course many would argue that Steam achievements prove me wrong but I guess we'll see.

Don't you guys think it's a little unfair that non-founders cannot acheive rank 16? I mean not everyone can afford to buy the founder package even if they were playing warframe at that time, as for the late comers, the highest they can get upto is rank 15... Everyone keeps complaining that why should Founders get to reach rank 16 when normal people can't, I understand that they are special but not so special that they can get an extra rank "16" and the 2 trades an exception. I'm not only saying this from my perspective but from most of the peoples point of view view I have met up until now.

I think you mean inconvenient...

The way ranks are accrued has been applied consistently so it's certainly fair.

Once you can accurately call a thing what it is, it makes more sense... Or less depending on the case.

If your only real concern is trade amount, then you probably should have created a topic regarding the merits of power traders and daily trade count.

Doing this as opposed to sniping at players with a vested interest in the game would have garnered you a more favorable response.

You didn't...

Don't complain about the ridicule... You asked for it.

Anyways I had enough of this, no one rarely agrees on threads. Everyone just keeps saying what they think is right not giving importance to what the rest thinks, so its better no one replies to this thread anymore as getting a good reply from most of you is not expected.

It is not good not to validate another's view merely because you see disagreement. You should rather find common ground with people. I am sure players would respect that more than this statement right here. 

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

And when we reach rank 16 founders will be at rank 17 and we will be locked at 16 again, same concept until another system undergoes.

... That's a really, really bad hyperbole.

AT most, for someone who has ALL founder rewards (Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime)? They have 12,000 Mastery more... aka 2 Warframes OR 4 weapons worth of Mastery. To go from rank 16 to rank 17, you need 82,500 Mastery .

No matter if you're a Founder or not at that point does little to no difference as past MR2 or so, being a Founder doesn't even cover for the required Mastery of a single rank

Edited by Wiegraf

Whilst I agree the OP complaint is pretty meaningless atm, everyone assuming a max rank of 30 baffles me. Plenty of people have done the maths on mastery to determine how many new weapons we'd need to do that (answer: too many, far too many) and I cannot see DE releasing that much content.

I would suspect that the 30 rank was a convenient number that matched weapon levels when initially working on the game and not something that was ever really considered to be achievable. Of course many would argue that Steam achievements prove me wrong but I guess we'll see.

reason we say its 30 is because thats exactly the amount of Rank challenges/steamachievments there are.

If you are saying why should I not make more than 1 account tell me why should I not make more than1?

im pretty sure there was sth in the ToA that says no mulitple accounts... so theres your reason for no more than 1 account.

And as others pointed out, there is nothing unfair yet. If i would gain access too new weapons with rank 16 (even if they were utter trash) i could agree but so far its not. Besides from trades and braging rights i gained nothing from reaching MR 16.

And you mentioned "more reason you want mr16 than you can count" id like to hear those.

If you are saying why should I not make more than 1 account tell me why should I not make more than1?

Well, it makes it harder for you to progress, it increases the work required for you to progress, and all to gain something that you can get from just having 1 account anyway.

Additionally, using a secondary account to post angst about an apparently imaginary primary account's inability to reach a mastery rank you yourself don't seem likely to be anywhere near erodes your credibility. If you had such an account, it'd make more sense to just post with that instead.

There's really not much "plus" to having multiple accounts, but lots of drawbacks.

I can not wait till the focus system is released and everyone is like "oh S#&$, I need to raise my mastery level". I'll be sitting there enjoying the new content at mastery rank 16 while all the lemmings rush to catch up. 

If we were to get rank 16 if more weapons were to come then why is Eagle rank not in "to be achieved list"?

It is... I saw it show up when I hit 16, and I still have so many melee weapons, and the miter to level up... I cry every time I attempt to level that awful weapon up.

Anyways I had enough of this, no one rarely agrees on threads. Everyone just keeps saying what they think is right not giving importance to what the rest thinks, so its better no one replies to this thread anymore as getting a good reply from most of you is not expected.

I could make a topic people can agree with... or just stare blindly at like they usually do... Yeah I see all the views on my post, or just derail it talking about something entirely random... like tinfoil hats. Not sure how tinfoil hats have anything to do with Conspiracies regarding the Lotus.

Don't you guys think it's a little unfair that non-founders cannot acheive rank 16? I mean not everyone can afford to buy the founder package even if they were playing warframe at that time, as for the late comers, the highest they can get upto is rank 15... Everyone keeps complaining that why should Founders get to reach rank 16 when normal people can't, I understand that they are special but not so special that they can get an extra rank "16" and the 2 trades an exception. I'm not only saying this from my perspective but from most of the peoples point of view view I have met up until now.

I don't believe it to be. Is it unfair that someone who started a week ago isn't 16 just cause they complained about it? I've leveled everything available to me and I too despite being a founder can't make it to 16 yet so you can count me amongst those "normal people". I tip my hat to those who can reach rank 16 they showed more dedication to the game and supported it more/earlier than I did they are reaping the rewards of that and I don't feel I should get special consideration because I shout the word "unfair". I didn't catch all the event weapons and its totally fair that I can't get the affinity from them, I didn't get the lato prime and it's totally fair I don't get it's affinity. Unfair would be to arbitrarially give some people r17 because reasons but everyone who has r16 bought the limited items and earned the rest. You didn't that's not DE's responsibility it's yours.

I do agree and disagree , I agree because that show that "pay to win" area yes theire some even in warframe also you are blaming this , but just imagine the amount of exclusif weapon people missed out

Also rank does nothing yet sadly... just show how long you played... and the right to call low rank noob :P (Don't tell you never abused of your rank)

Having high mastery means being part of the high mastery master race.

#MasteryMasterRace

but people don't seem to understand that ranks 17-30 are not meant to be obtainable yet. yes, founders have a bit of a leg up with the extra 12000 mastery, and 6000 from pre-beta (lato & braton vandal). but the rest of us will get there eventually if we so choose. I'm glad DE removed exclusives that you can't obtain from the codex, that was the only real place where completionism wouldn't let you rest, seeing excal prime and such starting at you

you just need to come to terms with it. I did. I accepted that I'll never have those 5 items, and I was fine with that. so complete the game to the best degree that you can. if you came to the party late, there are weapons you can't get anymore. but you can still get the rest of them, so do that if you want to "complete" the game

Greetings, Tenno.

This seems an odd thing to hear anyone informed complaining about. The people who participated in Closed Beta and the Founder's package have had the ability to be rank 16 for some time now.

Here is a list of all the equipment (as best as I can tell) that is no longer available. Notice 3 items of the 13 no longer available are Founder items, totaling only 12,000 of the 48,000 worth of affinity value.

Primary Weapons:

Boar

Braton Vandal (Closed Beta)

Gorgon Wraith (Event)

Snipertron

Snipertron Vandal (Event)

Strun Wraith (Event)

Secondary Weapons:

Dex Furis (Event/Gift)

Lato Prime (Founder)

Lato Vandal (Closed Beta)

Wraith Twin Vipers (Event)

Melee Weapons:

Ether Daggers

Machete

Machete Wraith (Event)

Skana Prime (Founder)

Warframes:

Excalibur Prime (Founder)

I hope this helps inform the discussion some.

Victory to you, Tenno.

- Salishaz

[Edit after being corrected on some stuff. Thank you Katinka for your input.]

Edited by Salishaz