The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Alad V-Infested Event Speculation And Hype Megathread

Pendragon1951

Is u14 coming Wednesday? With prime access ending, event lead up hype, and with the last devstream showing so much completed, it really looks it :o

Certainly is looking that way, would be excited if it is.

Yeah, and this way they if things get delayed a week like U13, nobody is going to go bat poo insane, because of fabulous prizes.

this post struck me with a strong chord of truth here: DE releases hype in one form or another, content doesn't meet expectations of aforementioned hype, people go apeS#&$, and DE makes them happy with "fabulous prizes". minus the last part that's pretty much what happens 60% of the time, every time.

In a month?

That would totally break their developing cycle. That would mean that they needed 3 months instead of the usual 2 - 2 1/4 months. Im sorry but I doubt that.

Realistic guess would be June 11th. Why? Because then that would match their usual patch cycle for big updates.

When Steve talked about the player ships and kubrows coming with U14 he didn't said the usual "soon", instead he said that it would take several weeks, so i don't think DE is going to release U14 right after 13.6 but most likely at the eend of June or first week of July.

The release cycles have varied in the past so considering that U14 will include content that still needs works i believe that this time around DE will prob. take its time.

I'm still irked about how that's all the event was. Sure the bait of lore and the new room was cool (also thoroughly enjoyed the beefed up difficulty) but I was hoping for a bit more...oomph. As nice as the rewards were I wanted some more action.

Indeed, i'm hoping it makes this new infested alad the new eris boss, that would be awesome also. 

They did say they wanted this next event to be challenging so that would at least be a good step in the right direction :D 

What would be cool would be if it's like gravitus. 

You can either side with alad V, or do what's right for the system and eliminate the infestation. But this time both parties get their reward based on their most contributed. 

Make it a real tough choice, like between getting a new fire set of event mods for killing the infested, or against a really OP vandal weapon, like supra vandal or lanka vandal (would be better post buff)