Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

I'm betting on end of July.

Whoa...what would even make anyone put out a date like that? This goes against every release date made by DE ever. If it was such a special case where the update would face a MAJOR delay...I am sure they would have said so already.

P.s. DE teased U13 on youtube ONE day before they released it....and other updates haven't been directly teased at all. So we will know when we know....but people putting out Mid to End July as date...I can only shake my head.

MID July? That would be another 4 Patches....not to mention DE has never needed that long for a major update...what does people even lead to believe this?

I'd rather give DE more time than they actually need so that they can work on really polishing the update.

As someone who's done some modicum of software engineering, always ask for a deadline twice as long as the time you think it'd actually take to code a program. You want to give yourself as much time as possible to do testing and refining.

U14 will be ready when its ready, thankfully not blizzard level soon(i.e. between now and the heat death of the universe), probably 2 to 3 weeks-ish would be my best guess.  Personally i'd lean more towards 3 with two weeks from now being the week of the 4th of july, yes i know DE is a Canadian based company but its beer and fireworks week.

do yourself a favour. dont get yourself hyped up about an update that may or may not come out in the next couple of weeks. i mean if you look at update 13 and how it got delayed by a week due to stuff being incomplete, it can go either way. just take it in your stride and go with "it'll come when it comes" so you dont set yourself up for a disappointment when it doesnt meet expectations. 

The longest time between major open beta updates was 77 days between u11- u12.  If it released this Wednesday that'd be 69 days since u13.  Estimates of mid/end of july seem kind of out there imo :|

Edited by Aggh

Update 10 - September 13th

Update 11 - November 20th

Update 12 - February 5th

Update 13 - April 10th

Mathematically, the update should be coming withing the next 2-3 weeks. 

You ignore the fact that only U11 to 12 took longer...and that is obvious because there was Christmas and New Year between the update...that took a lot of dev time away.

All the others were "on time"

So mathematically the update should be coming this week =_="

Its going to come out in 1st week in july, promise

But you know you dont want it rushed,because all of us well be sitting at our laptops waiting for De to drop it at like 1 am, prepare for a late night

Edited by sniperx11