Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Kubrows More Important Than Fixing The Core Gameplay Elements Of Warframe?

ItalianPlumber

Think about from a financial standard, people tend to want to play a game more often when they hear people saying stuff like "Dude I just destroyed these new creatures they just added into Warframe, they look so cool!" compared to "I'm glad they finally patched one of the multiple game-breaking bugs they had in Warframe..." so what they plan to do is fill every hotfix and update with cool graphical changes or weapons or whatever to give the more "embarrassing" bug fixes less attention and get more consumers for the game while slowly but surely fixing them game.

Yet another UI, scary tentacle lady. And it's looking like everything i wanted for christmas, by the way.

Oh, and aren't you calling "Experience" and abreviating it with an X? So the New Player Experience would be a NPX?

NPXP you mean?

It's not breaking the game, but it doesn't leave much room for dynamic gameplay.

Agreed. I want more powers that do more than just "Press and kill everything" or "Fire and forget." Much like Saryn's Venom, or even Nova's Antimatter drop (Which I'm proud to say I suggested the "It follows your cursor" idea~ eeee~) but beyond that even Embers World on Fire is kinda...bland to me for some reason, pretty to look at but not very...inspiring, maybe if it was something similar to Hysteria.

Beyond that, I'd love to see power combos, like what Dragon Age Origin's had. Petrify + Massive Physical Damage = Shatter. In Warframe it could be Hyrdoid's power 1 + Frosts power 1 = Frozen enemies. Or keeping it simple, where Nova's Null Star/Antimatter drop has a 100% chance to trigger explosions on Molecular Primed enemies.

And going even FURTHER from that, I wanna see more toggle powers and powers we have to "hold to charge" which would be I believe a welcome change of pace, no?

The way you worded it sounded like whining to be honest. Instead why not say "Hey, We have Kubrow's coming soon, but what about X, Y, Z, things that are still broken? Conclaves are still imbalanced, half of our melee weapons are mastery fodder, ect."

Hooooooold on. You think this game should be balanced for PvP?

1521.jpg

Also, when you learn how game development and teams work then you might have a valid point. Just because Team Kubrow has cool stuff to show doesn't mean Team Fail Rails isn't desperately trying to come up with a solution for the utter botching of Dark Sectors.  Or Team X, Y, Z didn't have things to show on the devstream.

Melee weapons are garbage because guns will always be better. Forever. Quite frankly. I kinda abhor Melee 2.0 and use stance mods for extra points on unpotato'd weapons.

Edited by Mazrim

Agreed. I want more powers that do more than just "Press and kill everything" or "Fire and forget." Much like Saryn's Venom, or even Nova's Antimatter drop (Which I'm proud to say I suggested the "It follows your cursor" idea~ eeee~) but beyond that even Embers World on Fire is kinda...bland to me for some reason, pretty to look at but not very...inspiring, maybe if it was something similar to Hysteria.

Beyond that, I'd love to see power combos, like what Dragon Age Origin's had. Petrify + Massive Physical Damage = Shatter. In Warframe it could be Hyrdoid's power 1 + Frosts power 1 = Frozen enemies. Or keeping it simple, where Nova's Null Star/Antimatter drop has a 100% chance to trigger explosions on Molecular Primed enemies.

And going even FURTHER from that, I wanna see more toggle powers and powers we have to "hold to charge" which would be I believe a welcome change of pace, no?

I agree with this. Not necessarily with the "hold to charge" scenario, because my fingers honestly won't be able to handle it, but the toggle powers ting we seem to be going for now is a favorite of mine.

1521.jpg

Also, when you learn how game development and teams work then you might have a valid point. Just because Team Kubrow has cool stuff to show doesn't mean Team Fail Rails isn't desperately trying to come up with a solution for the utter botching of Dark Sectors.  Or Team X, Y, Z didn't have things to show on the devstream.

Melee weapons are garbage because guns will always be better. Forever. Quite frankly. I kinda abhor Melee 2.0 and use stance mods for extra points on unpotato'd weapons.

The game doesn't need to be balanced for PvP, PvP should be seperate and balanced, that is all. Honestly, I'd rather they just remove PvP and it not be a thing anymore but...*shrug.* As for Gun's always being better, well maybe in just straight killing things yes, but Melee has show it has more versatility. Lemme know when you can use your guns to shoot bullets mid air to defend yourself, then get back at me, kay?

The game doesn't need to be balanced for PvP, PvP should be seperate and balanced, that is all. Honestly, I'd rather they just remove PvP and it not be a thing anymore but...*shrug.* As for Gun's always being better, well maybe in just straight killing things yes, but Melee has show it has more versatility. Lemme know when you can use your guns to shoot bullets mid air to defend yourself, then get back at me, kay?

The **** am I doing in the air and getting shot at? If that's going on, you done goofed.

1521.jpg

Uh, melee weapons aren't garbage.

The **** am I doing in the air and getting shot at? If that's going on, you done goofed.

You must suck at defense missions then, cause you're always getting shot at in defense or survival. And if you're not, then the pod is.

Melee weapons are garbage in the sense that they play like garbage. Stances are pointless but flashy, for the most part; channeling is iffy; combo multipliers are horribly broken since the fastest weapons build combos in just as many hits as the slowest.

In some cases, it's actually better to avoid using a stance at all, the Nikana being the best example I can think of. Freedom of movement is huge, and one of the biggest problems with the combo system.

It also falls flat because instead of having many combos for a few weapon types, there are a few combos for many weapon types. Then you should consider that the entire game is based on clearing trash mobs... and then there's sniper rifles (or a gun that's good at everything because it isn't made well).

You must suck at defense missions then, cause you're always getting shot at in defense or survival. And if you're not, then the pod is.

There's this thing? You may have heard of it.

Snow Globe. I don't do Survivals ever since they changed them to the regular tile sets because wandering around for five minutes yelling 'YO WHERE ALL DAH GRINEER GURLS AT.' gets boring. 

Uh, melee weapons aren't garbage.

Name me a melee weapon with the power of the Penta, Ogris, Phage, Dread, Soma, Boltor Prime. Hell, let's go even less ridiculous then that, howabout the Hek, Burston Prime, Braton Prime?

Edited by Mazrim

Kubrow Team does not represent the full development effort, it's just one of the first 'new' things in a bit so it does have a lot of us excited, but we understand it's not for everyone.

Simultaneous development is occurring on (but not limited to by any means, just examples):

- Complete navigation/UI overhaul (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253837-lets-meet-pablo-and-dorian/).

- New 'New Player Experience' to address longstanding issues with our NPE.

- Quest System fundamentals - the understanding here is that this will allow for systemic quests with more meaningful gameplay (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249863-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-31/).

- New Mission Types polishing and testing (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249909-hive-sabotage-design-and-overview/).

- Dark Sector conflict Revamp/Improvements.

- Reworking Valkyr's Hysteria

And plenty more! There is definitely a lot to be worked on, and a lot of compelling feedback on things like Mods 2.0, Ammo 2.0 and more! We definitely still have our work cut out for us.

I'd appreciate more bug fixes so much more than any of those above.

A lot of what ppl say is broken are things the DE refuses to compromise on at this point because that's how they want the game to be played. Other real problem like new player issues and immersion are being fixed with this update.

New players not knowing how to play because of lack of instruction: issue

Rng, build times, I don't want pets: preferences

This so damn much. Not to mention DE seems to fix things along with creating more core content. A lot has been done without it being a UXX update, and some has. There is also the fact a lot of players really appreciate/need there to be additional content along the way.

I'll say it again(in my own words). What a lot of people want for this game might not be the direction DE wants to take it, might not even be what was ever intended for Warframe to become .In that sense, some people want certain matters "fixed" or consider them broken or a priority though I personally don't agree/share that opinion/think they make a good argument for said fix/change.

Kubrow Team does not represent the full development effort, it's just one of the first 'new' things in a bit so it does have a lot of us excited, but we understand it's not for everyone.

Simultaneous development is occurring on (but not limited to by any means, just examples):

- Complete navigation/UI overhaul (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/253837-lets-meet-pablo-and-dorian/).

- New 'New Player Experience' to address longstanding issues with our NPE.

- Quest System fundamentals - the understanding here is that this will allow for systemic quests with more meaningful gameplay (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249863-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-31/).

- New Mission Types polishing and testing (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249909-hive-sabotage-design-and-overview/).

- Dark Sector conflict Revamp/Improvements.

- Reworking Valkyr's Hysteria

And plenty more! There is definitely a lot to be worked on, and a lot of compelling feedback on things like Mods 2.0, Ammo 2.0 and more! We definitely still have our work cut out for us.

Infested tilesets?

Now that we see corpus infested, what about greenier infested? Corpus Jupiter infested? Ice place infested? 

Will we see all NPC's have an infested version?

Don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a good job, but content creation just seems to be lacking and it's something that we'd like for the team to expand on. (Once you get past the US reworks and such)

Excalibur on the other hand, the freaking Icon warframe, is...not that great compared to the other two.

Sorry to say then you dont know how to play Excalibur, hes one of the best high end game frames with one of the best cc's and ults in the game right now.

Sorry to say then you dont know how to play Excalibur, hes one of the best high end game frames with one of the best cc's and ults in the game right now.

The ult of Excalibur isn't goodd in high-level missions, because the damage is decreased a lot by enemy armor. But Radial Blind is so damn great.

Edited by Taikaponi