Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Kubrows More Important Than Fixing The Core Gameplay Elements Of Warframe?

ItalianPlumber

This thread almost makes me feel like Im the only one that knows about all the stuff DE talked about that they want to add (it just won't be in U14). Am I the only one listening to them? Yea...YOU might think their priorities are off...but some systems need to be placed first and some overhauls need to happen first.

Fact is that the game as it is alienates newbies a lot...and U14 is mainly a fix for that.

But here a list of things they're working on for post U14 releases.

Focus -> Certainly adds long term playability

Faction Wars (or was it Proxy Wars?) -> Adds long term playability

More enemy factions and better dumb enemies -> certainly helps a lot (making the enemy smart will not help if you just oneshot 100 with a single shot anyway...you need better dumb enemies...which is exactly what they're working on)

Expansion of the melee system and constant work on it -> always nice.

Big work on a balance overhaul that will affect many sub par mods -> it was stated already that they won't really touch a single weak mod but will rather bundle up a bigger balance overhaul

Possible PvP only balance -> There is barely anything like PvP in terms of replayability value of an online game...since players always look for new tactics and metagame.

Like wth...all this is actively being worked on (to a larger or lesser extent) but everyone is getting heart attacks over the whole Kubrow stuff...which btw can add a lot of playbility for the portion of the community that likes the idea (which will probably be large enough to justify the project)

Edited by Shehriazad

Tons of more important S#&$ though:

- Level scaling change 

- Current enemy improvements. 

- Mod balance

- Movement 2.0 

- AI 

- RNG

- Ability balance

- Weapon balance 

- Eximus overhaul

- shop prices

- plat prices

- defence 2.0

-Survival updates

- Exterminate updates

- Mobile defence improvements

- Gear overhaul 

- Corrupted enemy conversions

- Melee 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

New shiny thing. For gamepad users.

Gamepad users should be tried for reasons, deemed guilty, and executed on public television. >:C

So what? DE didn't hire a whole new team just to make Kubrows. "Kubrow team" could work on something else.

That team could also be fired and replaced with True Gamers. The kind of gamers that will ruthlessly murder children of their enemies to get ahead a centimeter and know how to make games better than the people who have went to school for this sort of thing!

Let's see…

Quest System? Too soon. It'll be broken, pointless, probably with no useful rewards. As usual. Quests won't change "core gameplay" → it will be boring. And every quest will probably be very short or unnecessarily long. Like bosses (bullet sponge/invincibility stages). Also grindwalls.

Sure, let's add more mission types with no rewards and almost the same gameplay instead of improving old ones.

Another mission type. Unbalanced PvP MOBA. Just why? For what purpose?

And still no good reason to have a solar rail.

Well, fine. Good. New animations won't make Hysteria more useful though.

So what? DE didn't hire a whole new team just to make Kubrows. "Kubrow team" could work on something else.

Movement, AI, stealth, melee etc.

Almost everything.

too much wat in this post

I give up...people in this thread (not everyone) are all kinds of thickheaded and self-centered. 

Of course not everything goes the "best possible way"...but most of the hating posts in this thread do nothing but see things from their own perspective while also ignoring information given by DE themselves and other people on the forums.

I'm done trying to make you see where you are wrong...the refusal to see anything but your own point makes this hard...the people in question will probably not know that I mean them...because after all they are "obviously right" ;D

Edited by Shehriazad

From the dev streams it seems like all the teams are uncoordinated to the point of not even knowing what any division other than their own is doing at any one point in time, lol.

Yep. It's actually been that way for a while too, U10 was a pretty big example of such... with the clantech of the time having to go through a couple revisions in construction costs because nobody told the guy setting the costs that they weren't going to be as powerful as first suggested.

It's also kinda apparent when it comes to enemy designs too. U13, new Melee system, "Sword Alone", etc. and some guy apparently thought it was a great idea to introduce an enemy that can't be readily melee'd and covers the area around it in green, shield-bypassing nonsense. :-P

I think DE is doing an exceptional job at the moment. They are releasing brand new content that will rekindle the fires of gameplay for veteran players as well as simplify and encourage new players with a re-designed NPE and so on. They are revisiting old content and making changes in order to make the overall gaming experience better for all players. With every major Update so far, there has been tons of fixes and changes as well, so I assume that it will be the same in U14.

All in all, I cant wait for U14. and DE will be releasing great things for us. I'm happy. You guys should be too.

I think DE is doing an exceptional job at the moment. They are releasing brand new content that will rekindle the fires of gameplay for veteran players as well as simplify and encourage new players with a re-designed NPE and so on. They are revisiting old content and making changes in order to make the overall gaming experience better for all players. With every major Update so far, there has been tons of fixes and changes as well, so I assume that it will be the same in U14.

All in all, I cant wait for U14. and DE will be releasing great things for us. I'm happy. You guys should be too.

No one hates a game quite as well as its fans.

Let's see…

Quest System? Too soon. It'll be broken, pointless, probably with no useful rewards. As usual. Quests won't change "core gameplay" → it will be boring. And every quest will probably be very short or unnecessarily long. Like bosses (bullet sponge/invincibility stages). Also grindwalls.

Sure, let's add more mission types with no rewards and almost the same gameplay instead of improving old ones.

Another mission type. Unbalanced PvP MOBA. Just why? For what purpose?

And still no good reason to have a solar rail.

Well, fine. Good. New animations won't make Hysteria more useful though.

Movement, AI, stealth, melee etc.

Almost everything.

Im just curious, but if you feel that almost everything is wrong in this game. Why do you play? or why you do still lurk here and comment? Hey IMO almost everything were wrong in Gears of war: judgment and i dont play it neither do i comment on that game's forums. Again just curious. Not defending DE here.(I do have to agree that you have a point there)

This, kubrows are nice but I'm so happy DE is finally fixing the new game experiance. I think DE has been focusing on veterans for too long.

Veterans put in the most money. It's good that they will fix the new game. You don't want to forget the people that put money into there pockets.

Im just curious, but if you feel that almost everything is wrong in this game. Why do you play? or why you do still lurk here and comment? Hey IMO almost everything were wrong in Gears of war: judgment and i dont play it neither do i comment on that game's forums. Again just curious. Not defending DE here.(I do have to agree that you have a point there)

I rarely play if I have something else to do. I post here just because I want DE to stop thinking that they're doing everything right. I want Warframe to be a good game. But defending DE isn't going to make the game better. They will just add more shiny things.

I rarely play if I have something else to do. I post here just because I want DE to stop thinking that they're doing everything right. I want Warframe to be a good game. But defending DE isn't going to make the game better. They will just add more shiny things.

As i have moved along my life i have learned few things. One is that there is two different visions about what is "right" in game devolpment one is players vision and the other is devolper's vision. Now here is the thing, even though as a player, you should have more weighty opinion about what is "right" for game, it doesnt matter. Because they are making the game, not the player. Yes, there is many things wrong/broken in this game, sooo many things wrong.(but hey it could be worse, trust me. It could be previously mentioned game or something far worse)i still wouldnt strike down every new thing they do. Do i personnally care about kubrows? no, not really Did i really wanted them? no, i did not. Same goes for players ships too. But still i dont see reason to really, reeaallyyy hate them.

just a tiny list of 'core gameplay' issues i'd like to see worked on:

- mods

not diversification, we have enough mods, but resistance mods and 'accessory' mods (maglev, handspring)? why not change some into aura's that affect the entire team or radius?

- frame/weapon mod slots

ADD MORE. this has been brought up before and even mentioned on a devstream, but no word since. this brings more use to the junk load of mods nobody uses because 3/4ths of our slots are taken up by necessity mods. there would be a lot more fun, varied builds out there if this happened. why do ability mods have to take up mod points? i don't think they have to.

- ammo

this is what makes some weapons A-tier become S-tier. penta comes to mind as you will virtually never run out of ammo. if you're going to add more explosive type weapons in the game, better give them their own ammo type like the snipers and bows.

- frame skills/abilities and their Prime versions

the current rework is much needed but frames and their skills will always receive criticizing. there are tons of threads but the examples that currently come to mind are Iron Skin (how horrendous it can look hiding your customized skin and that there's no way of telling when it will wear off) and skills like Decoy/Molt and other '1' or '2' skills that can benefit from scaling. ie. for most of the starchart, these skills are fine but bring them endgame and they are useless because of damage scaling. need intelligent scaling.

Prime frames basically rid the use of the older, regular frame. why not have some kind of incorporation of 'phasing' the regular frame into it's primed version or something taking all or most of it's forma changes with it?

- AI

shock eximus, anyone????

- weapons and weapon switching

my god, why isn't it FASTER?!

how many weapons are totally obsolete (80% of clantech weapons)

- net coding and lobbies

the choosing the best host thing isn't the most accurate, needs fixing.

being able to host your own public lobby without automatically joining some laggy person.

being able to ignore sessions you've joined already because of lag, trolling, etc

AFK issues

being able to kick someone from a lobby

- new user experience and mods

newbies and vet's making new accounts not being able to get the 'necessity' mods after hours upon hours of play. many a suggestion has been made that those mods (serration, redirection, elemental mods, etc) be avail immediately or upon Mercury somehow.

a bit more i posted on a devstream thread (mastery locks, enemies with more varied weapons, more free-er melee attacks)

generally, there's a lot of things that STILL need to be worked on and while the kubrows seem interesting, all that effort could have been put into a more SOLID, CORE experience rather than adding more shinies.

/rant

Edited by angrykenji

.........Seriously?

I think a few of my brain cells died reading this.

Edit: in fact, are you like.. being sarcastic? Were you joking? Because no way in hell would someone actually mean that.

Let's say we already got better new player experience right now.

Problems still remain.

You can't seem to be able to separate the two topics. And you don't seem sarcastic.

Was pet dogs a player request or a idea from DE?

Did this stem from being asking for Zanuka?

PLayer request. It started when the Kubrows were originally showed as the new neutral unit.

This argument is the same argument that happened when they added scarves. It's the same exact argument.

Some one suggested scarves, DE says they will add scarves, some people dont want them so they create this weird idea that resources are being wasted on scarves and nothing else is being done.

I personally think that they should stop adding content and just fix what all ready is there. Like the mod drop tables. I am sick of getting warframe and sentinel abilities that i will never use. 

I think a lot of people think this, mang.

I was under the impression that mods were already planned and slated for the rework bench.

But if they were, people would probably ignore the fact that they are, an focus on the fact that they aren't already.

Lots to do, and we all think different things are more important than others. No decent conversation can come of this.

I personally think that they should stop adding content and just fix what all ready is there. Like the mod drop tables. I am sick of getting warframe and sentinel abilities that i will never use. 

Haha, like how I seem to have 131 Well of Life mods. 

Edited by CedarDpg