Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

XxIngridxX, on 02 Jul 2014 - 2:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Even EA would be a better company to sell toPWE... T.T

What in the hell are you smoking?  And where can i get it?

I was to be this "Even EA would be a better company to sell THAN PWE... T.T"   I wrote that wrong sorry xD

Before we call DE the devil, try and understand the situation at hand first but regardless, I am glad that we all stand against PWE itself at least.  

The thing is, DE isn't the Devil. Perfect World is. And they made a deal with them.

Edited by xZetsumeix

I give credit to Flywalker for this....

Our devs which art in ontario

Hallowed be thy names

Thy deep space come

Thy missions be done

On Earth as it is in Sedna

Give us this day our daily log in rewards

And forgive us of our spamming in global chat

As we forgive those who speedrun ahead of us

And we protect the noobs we assisted

But deliver us from boredom

For yours is the galaxy, the orokin void, and the devstream couch

Forever and ever...

This music goes perfectly with this speech.

Edit: You forgot the Amen

Edited by Octoknightx

Sheesh. Took a tiny break from reading this thread, only to find the rest of the General Discussion page filled with abandon ship topics.

*still waiting on official statement*

Still don't know why everyone's panicking.

If DE says yes they sold, then I'd just leave. Say my words, then go.

If DE says no they didn't, everyone who made the gg no re threads will look silly.

*shrugs*

Can we just CALM THE HELL DOWN first.  Look I'm all for being against PWE, but let's not be hasty in our decisions until WE ACTUALLY KNOW WORTH A **** WHATS GOING ON.  ALL WE KNOW IS THAT PWE IS BUYING OUTSTANDING STOCK OF DE.

WHAT THIS MEANS, WE DO NOT KNOW.  DOES DE STILL HAVE CONTROL?  OR IS IT PWE?  WAIT UNTIL DE GIVES A RESPONSE before extrapolating further information.  

Edit:  Unless someone here is in economics and can tell us WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHAT THIS ECONOMIC STUFF MEANS.  

Edited by Medane

With the recent news about Perfect World buying the rights to developing Warframe, its most likely the devs heard about this long before us. Now that being said, its possible Update 14 could be their last parting gift to us before the deal goes through, thus leaving Warframe and its community in a good place but not necessarily in good hands as we can see from Perfect World's development record as it stands. Just my thoughts on the issue guys.

The pool is filled with our tears T_T

We have a winner LOL  I was wondering when someone would look deeper into my comment.

But yes seriously, going to the pool later...some of you if not all need to take a break for real...it's just somethings you will never have control over...

I'm just going to hope it's not true, although there are more reasons to believe it is than the contrary.

Otherwise I'll have to witness the inevitable collapse and involution of this awesome game into a puddle of cr*p like many other games.

That is, if I don't leave it before that time comes.

That is, of course, if the news are right and Perfect World will buy Digital Extremes, and Warframe with it.

It costs me nothing, after all, to recommend people not to play a game if it sucks, or starts doing UTTER bad.

Please DE, you've been doing very well despite the countless issues you've gone through. Doing business with Perfect World will give you nothing. The money you might be able to get won't get you anywhere better than staying on your own.

The community as a whole (and YOUR CUSTOMERS, you know) is asking for your second thoughts on the matter. And certainly not for no reason.

And the customer has never been as right as now.

Edited by Vintovka

Yeah. It's not like you can pay $20 dollars to skip days to weeks of grinding and construction of stuff like Rhino or Vauban. It's also not like the prices are completely unbalanced, like paying $10 for a skana.

Right?

P2W =/= pay for convenience.

Admittedly the market prices are insane, but we aren't required to pay for this stuff. We still have a free option where we invest time rather than money.

With the recent news about Perfect World buying the rights to developing Warframe, its most likely the devs heard about this long before us. Now that being said, its possible Update 14 could be their last parting gift to us before the deal goes through, thus leaving Warframe and its community in a good place but not necessarily in good hands as we can see from Perfect World's development record as it stands. Just my thoughts on the issue guys.

That's a smart way to take the situation, seriously. We should remember that the DEvs here are just employees, not the ones making the deal. If anything, they probably are divided on this, at the very least.

See that DE entered non-binding agreement is sad, chances DE have the intention to sell the asset. I mean DE can literially have non of it, but rather they are listening and see whats on the table.

DE hasn't entered into the agreement. Sumpo and PWE have entered into an agreement on the terms they are offering DE. We have not heard word on DE saying yes or no to anything.