Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Better About Migration Now (Picture Proof)

for the last freaking time... stop using the word FOUNDER. it is gone. forever.

Call it whatever, really. Original founder pack lasted for long enough to make the name laughable. Might as well call it Excalibur Prime Prime Access.

There's a reason why FF14 had Founder pack available for PS4 version. Though it released a while ago and released on Playstation too. But they wanted full cross-platform, so each platform had to get exact same content.

DE decided to sacrifice all future cross-platform potential to appease a bunch of whiny trolls - at least what is looks like. You have to forgive my delusion (PS4 players should get the pun, everyone hates Delusion, and I love em, allies forever), but any reasonable arguments to make both version equal and open future cross-platform potential were met with so much trolling from "founders'... Fear not, a strong arm of Chinese management will set them straight. Ha-ha.

Really though, current situation is more or less ok, just a lot of potential squandered.

I can agree with that else it might cause some splintering between players in the form of people flauntering their PC exclusive item over on the PS4; we already got our founder exclusives on PC, no need to generate more ire and confusion if we do an account migration to PS4.

Is there word on if the emblems will transfer though?

Edited by Wiegraf

So what's the point i bought founders for nothing then????? Omg im so mad right now i wanted to be the only Excalibur Prime on PS4 man announcement like this &!$$es me off

And if that only can happen if founders primes are offered on PS store first? That's ok with you? I'm interested.

I can agree with that else it might cause some splintering between players in the form of people flauntering their PC exclusive item over on the PS4; we already got our founder exclusives on PC, no need to generate more ire and confusion if we do an account migration to PS4.

It's safe to say that only emblems that could be obtained on PS4 will transfer. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think that means Emblem of The Hunt and those that came later.

I never thought the PC skins and founder weapons would be such a big cause for concern among the PS4 player base.

I too am curious about the founder's badges.  At the very least we should be able to have those in game.

After all we "founded" the game as a whole, be it on PC or PS4.  The PS4 version wouldn't have existed without support from the PC players.

I don't think any of the PS4 players would be jelly of us having our founder's badges right?

So what's the point i bought founders for nothing then????? Omg im so mad right now i wanted to be the only Excalibur Prime on PS4 man announcement like this &!$$es me off

I can understand your perspective on this, but honestly if it REALLY were the politics of Excalibur Prime, Founder Weapons, and some skins holding back the migration (which is immensely stupid) then hell why not?

Here I was thinking for many months that there were technical issues of some sort or legal complication.

At this point, I care more about all of the mods, progress and the rest of my gear just being ported over to my PS4 account.

Edited by sushidubya

I never thought the PC skins and founder weapons would be such a big cause for concern among the PS4 player base.

I too am curious about the founder's badges.  At the very least we should be able to have those in game.

After all we "founded" the game as a whole, be it on PC or PS4.  The PS4 version wouldn't have existed without support from the PC players.

I don't think any of the PS4 players would be jelly of us having our founder's badges right?

Maybe; it's good if we have the badge but like you say...

At this point, I care more about all of the mods, progress and the rest of my gear just being ported over to my PS4 account.

So really, Founder gear and badges or not, I'm more interested in being at what point I currently am on PC on my PS4 account as well. If I need to be reminded of a sparkly Excalibur Prime, I can just run Warframe on my PC anyway.

Im actually indifferent to this to be honest. We know if Founders were transferrable there would be show offs no doubt bringing Excal Prime everywhere and rubbing it in our face buttt on the other side Founders paid money for this and should be entitled to transfer their stuff over.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Im actually indifferent to this to be honest. We know if Founders were transferrable there would be show offs no doubt bringing Excal Prime everywhre and rubbing it in our face buttt on the other side Founders paid money for this and should be entitled to transfer their stuff over.

Honestly I rarely use my Excalibur prime, and when I do it has the proto armor skin equipped anyway.  The Lato Prime I bring along with me sometimes, but again it's rarely used.

Founders can "rub exclusivity" in the faces of non-founders on PC right now.  But no one really does it unless they actually like playing Excalibur Prime.

I'd rather show off with my ability to help the team and be an effective player, rather than with the virtual items I have that others don't.  (That's just being a jerk, and honestly I don't go nuts when closed beta players show up with Braton Vandals or Lato Vandals in matches either.)

It's not a big deal.  The founder gear is just a drop in the bucket In the grand scheme of things with the 700 weapons along with 50 or so warframes (guesstimates) necessary to make it to Master Rank 30.

Edited by sushidubya

Abandon ye hope to any old PC player that would want to move to PS4.

Atleast those that want to keep their super-exclusives.

I dont even see the point in switching as you cannot transfer exclusives and Platinum. It would be better to start new account just on PS4, than to copy your existing one.

I dont even see the point in switching as you cannot transfer exclusives and Platinum. It would be better to start new account just on PS4, than to copy your existing one.

They are atleast being fair to the Ps4 players, but all that would transfer from PC would be your records and everything in your inventory that is on Ps4. I would rather just make a new account on PS4 though 

Abandon ye hope to any old PC player that would want to move to PS4.

Atleast those that want to keep their super-exclusives.

Eh I gave up the notion that it would be a good idea to do when I saw how the ps4 release schedule went. I've never once seen why the problem is such a big deal to be honest, but I had no stake in the solution so the one they have is as good as any.

Eh I gave up the notion that it would be a good idea to do when I saw how the ps4 release schedule went. I've never once seen why the problem is such a big deal to be honest, but I had no stake in the solution so the one they have is as good as any.

I plan on sticking with PC just as a personal preference, plus I've been here for quite some time. (Joined like right when I missed Braton Vandal).

I'm just comfortable with PC. Though I prefer some games on the Console that I would not like on the PC. Just brings up the idea of personal preference.

Robo the term "migration" isn't really correct for the migration.  lol.  We aren't really switching or moving over when we migrate.  Our PC accounts are cloned over to the PS4, from that point on however they are treated as individual accounts.

So everything in the PC account stays.  I'm doing this, because I like to play sometimes away from my desk and also I want to participate in the clan I joined for PS4.

I don't want to re-level and craft all the stuff I have all over again.  The grind would be...  unbearable twice...  XD

Robo the term "migration" isn't really correct for the migration.  lol.  We aren't really switching or moving over when we migrate.  Our PC accounts are cloned over to the PS4, from that point on however they are treated as individual accounts.

So everything in the PC account stays.  I'm doing this, because I like to play sometimes away from my desk and also I want to participate in the clan I joined for PS4.

I don't want to re-level and craft all the stuff I have all over again.  The grind would be...  unbearable twice...  XD

I know that account is going to be copied, but i dont see the point without Platinum and items.

I strongly advise that you never try "new player experience", as that is horrible. I made alt account and gotten to Earth before quitting.

I know that account is going to be copied, but i dont see the point without Platinum and items.

I strongly advise that you never try "new player experience", as that is horrible. I made alt account and gotten to Earth before quitting.

I agree.  The new player experience is painful to play once being spoiled with stronger gear.

I can't really solo Apollodorus on my PS4 account.  (Completely newbie gear, Excalibur, Braton with no Serration, etc.)

Well for me I would probably purchase a few hundred to a thousand platinum on PS4 for slots, etc.

Many people do just fine without purchasing any platinum in this game.

Why? So the people who own things we can never get can rub them in our faces, while all we can do is show our weak little black and blue yomo syandana?

I guess the bigger question is why do you care so much? No one would "rub your faces in it" if you didn't get upset and make it fun for them. Not that I oppose the over all decision in any way I'm just saying.

Why? So the people who own things we can never get can rub them in our faces, while all we can do is show our weak little black and blue yomo syandana?

Would it really rustle your jimmies that much if I equipped my Excalibur Prime and were in the same mission for 5 minutes with you?  Do you really think I would purposefully teabag you over and over again with Excal Prime just to be a jerk?  Do you really think I would wield my Skana Prime or Lato Prime purposefully in front of you just to hurt your feelings?

I'd never do that, BUT from a founder perspective we made significant contributions to this game when there were only 10 or so weapons and one tileset.  (yeah the Corpus ship only.)  It was barely a game and we took a leap of faith to contribute/support the development of the vastly improved Warframe that you're enjoying now on the PS4.  These items were given to us as perks for taking that risk.

I'm not a big advocate for these items, but I'd like to have them and I understand both sides of the argument.  Frankly I find it ridiculous for the migration to be held up all this time over a Warframe with a slightly different helmet, and a sword and pistol, but clearly there are many folks like you who are indeed upset about the clear and present danger these virtual items may pose to the PS4 community as a whole.  =/

I guess the bigger question is why do you care so much? No one would "rub your faces in it" if you didn't get upset and make it fun for them. Not that I oppose the over all decision in any way I'm just saying.

Seriously.  I don't cry when someone is using a Braton Vandal next to me.  In fact, I'm really happy the closed beta guys did all that testing before I got to start playing in open beta.

This affects me in no way whatsoever, but I'd just like to point there is somewhat of a silver lining to this for those that are not happy about founders items not transferring.

The population of people who would be eligible for founders items to transfer would be very very small, so it would not surprise me at all if these founders who had hypothetically transferred their exclusives to PS4 would be harshly ridiculed whenever they use them in public. I lost count of how many times a random person or people in a match have gone off on some sort of rant or rage at me or someone else while someone was using any of the founders exclusives. Everything from hosts cancelling lobbies to door griefing to data-mass stealing; all over something as silly as "I want  what you have gimme gimme"  I even recall being called out over just my GM badge of all things. So if people were allowed to transfer them to PS4 where this issue is significantly more concentrated, I can't imagine the kinds of attitudes they'd be treated with every time they pull out their Excal prime or whatnot.

It goes without saying that most PS4 players (or PC player for that matter) are not like that at all, I'm just speaking from experience.