Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Give Up Your Sentinel Slot For A Kubrow

Pendragon1951

Sentinels do so much quality of life improvement for this game, even beyond the "type specific" moves.

Instant shield recharge is not something I'm willing to give up considering there are many higher level enemies and moves that can drop your shields in one go.

Sanctuary has let me rez teammates in otherwise horrible situations.

Sweepers and Stingers demolish as much stuff as I do on many missions.

Not sure what benefits could overshadow that stuff with a Space-Ninja-Wizard-Wolf-Tiger, from what we've seen at this point. But I'll wait and see.

Why would you "get rid of it"

You can just let it sit in your ship and chill /play with it....you heartless monster.

*push a big red button*

"Out the airlock!" XD

Edited by Wiegraf

I never thought of that (Kubrow in a Sentinel slot)......hmm.  Well, if I have to forego a Sentinel for a Kubrow, so be it.

I'd like it if the Kubrow was able to grab items and bring them back to me, like the feral ones can, though I have a feeling it won't be as effective as the Carrier's item-collecting capabilities.  I mean, the Carrier uses a vacuum to bring the items to you.  The Kubrow would have to run towards the item to get it and bring it back, which could also endanger it if there are enemies nearby, plus it might do that instead of attacking the enemy.

yes im going to use kubrows because they are awesome looking & i'm sure they will rock. DE spent the time to make them for us & i'm not going to take it for granted... kind of rude how everyone is already saying they suck, like everything else that comes out. but guess what everything that comes out doesn't suck... get over it rofl.

Didn't DE say something about Kubrows not being meant to be used back to back every mission?

This leads me to believe they will have trouble staying alive.

They did say that, and that's the biggest problem I have with Kubrows at the moment.  They want the Kubrow to be this awesome companion that will help you in a handful of difficult missions and only a handful because it's just too awesome to use anywhere else.

So basically, it will end up as one of two things: window dressing for the ship since its effectiveness doesn't outweigh its limits, or it will be Too Awesome to Use and nobody will use it anyway.

They did say that, and that's the biggest problem I have with Kubrows at the moment.  They want the Kubrow to be this awesome companion that will help you in a handful of difficult missions and only a handful because it's just too awesome to use anywhere else.

So basically, it will end up as one of two things: window dressing for the ship since its effectiveness doesn't outweigh its limits, or it will be Too Awesome to Use and nobody will use it anyway.

too awesome to use? it's not even remotely like that. you rest them & then you can use them again, it's not something that just dies after you use it or vanishes like a master ball. I will be using my kubrow, have fun with your trophy i guess rofl.

too awesome to use? it's not even remotely like that. you rest them & then you can use them again, it's not something that just dies after you use it or vanishes like a master ball. I will be using my kubrow, have fun with your trophy i guess rofl.

Judging from this paragraph from the relevant thread in the Dev Workshop:

One final point on Kubrow development is that bringing a Kubrow on every single mission isn’t recommended, due to how its happiness is tied into how often it is brought into combat.  While it certainly has more versatility than a Sentinel does we cannot stress enough that this comes at a cost; and saving ‘mission time’ with your Kubrow for only high level operations rather than general farming will likely be the norm.

It sounds like this "resting" phase will be a fairly lengthy amount of time.  Of course, we have no solid numbers, but the words "saving mission time [..] for only high level operations" certainly shoots me some "X missions per day" vibes.  If the Kubrow will be awesome, I wouldn't want to waste its precious mission time on just any mission.  I'd want it to be a mission that I'd know I need it in.  Which isn't many.  Why can't we just bring them with us on as many missions as we please?  

As Darkjackal said, the Kubrow should be happy and jumping for joy when we take it out on missions, not eventually get mad at us.  If they want to add cost to the Kubrow, they could make it so that if they "die" while in-mission, we can't use them until they've recovered.  That would make more sense.

Edited by Katakuna

I'll probably also breed one for the Mastery Rank, and if it fails me I'll have a nice Kubrow steak as dinner. So it would be better do good if it wants to see a release to the wilderness.

After that I'll be back to cuddling with my Carrier.

It honestly depends on what they do. If they can't regenerate my shields, turn me invisible, do long range attacks, auto loot, stun, and so on, then it will just end up as mastery fodder, which I hope they don't turn into... because their creation would have been a waste of time and resources.

This is Warframe, a Sci-Fi FPS... not a pet simulator...

Edited by Numerikuu

Probably not. Honestly, if we don't get one given to us with our ships (I haven't been following Kubrows at all, really) I probably won't ever get one. 

As others have said, I play warframe to blow off steam in a sci fi shooter, not play pokemon.