Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's (Small) Step Toward Pw-Like Business Strategy

fractal_magnets

@DS

They could have as well not added any customization whatsoever to warframe but they decided to anyways so now they have to deal with it. Also yes it does have an effect, it's supposed to give us a pleasant look for our Kubrows, but it fails greatly for the RNG factor, furthermore it involves real money so yes, people have a right to complain.

Also because we're adressing this legitimate issue instead of sucking up to DE and licking their boots we're not intelligent?

Do ANY, of you people, understand the concept of OPTIONAL.

No one is locking out of content, no one is forcing you down a path in order to get to someplace.

DE could have, just as easily, NOT added any options for color change on a Kubrow. How about not complaining about something that is present in-game that has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on your ability to play the game, and leave it the hell alone?

If DE introduces a 50 Plat option to randomly rearrange the order of your ship furniture, are you going to come back here and complain again, or just ignore it, like any intelligent person would?

Okay, get me my black and white lotus Kubrow for me. Lemme know how long that takes, shouldn't take you too long since it doesn't hinder your ability to play the game right? Gonna need SOMEONE to make a perfect Kubrow to give me the Imprints. Oh and make sure to make about 5 of them. The chance might fail. Oh, and they all have to be the same breed, the same shape, the same pattern, and the same color. Go.

Oh, and if that 50 plat randomization did happen for the ship? You better damn believe I'd be back here, saying how illogical and unfair it is.

finally someone who thinks the same im sick of all these kiddos raging becus they have to use money ingame but they still forget its a f2p game where the devsl istens ot the community .. i basically have 2 words for them ... grow up 

Yup, you're the mature one here, calling people "kiddos?" Check. Telling them then to "grow up?" Check. I some how doubt that you're the adult here.

And this part here:

"its a f2p game where the devsl istens ot the community"

Is very important, tell me, what do you think we are currently doing in this thread? We are telling the devs what we do not like and asking them to change it so that we may more readily throw money in their faces.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

I'm sorry but this is very naive thinking, your 'free' colors are either predermined by RNG or are in the absurdly slight chance that someone who isn't a greedy bastard will have them, and even then there is no guarantee your next Kubrow will have the pattern you want.

And I stressed that bit above because that excuse is bad by itself since people want the colors for the Kubrows they already have. And besides since the 'free' method of trading is RNG based there is a chance you won't get the Kubrow you want, but since you cannot get rid of them you need to pay up slots (Oh and the 2 day wait time to see if you succeeded).

Well, I did mention that I'm not totally privy to the game mechanics behind Kubrow genetics. ...For the most part, however, I see no problem with relying on the community (trades) to circulate particular traits. The trade system could use some work, but that was true even before Kubrows.

Question. When you use a genetic imprint, is it certain that you'll get what you want? (It was my presumption that you would.) If not, I think it'd be a good idea to make imprints copyable so that players can build a library of genetic traits. (Commit them to the codex.) ...Additionally, we definitely need to be able to release Kubrow into the wild. Sell them to the colonists, or something.

Well, I did mention that I'm not totally privy to the game mechanics behind Kubrow genetics. ...For the most part, however, I see no problem with relying on the community (trades) to circulate particular traits. The trade system could use some work, but that was true even before Kubrows.

Question. When you use a genetic imprint, is it certain that you'll get what you want? (It was my presumption that you would.) If not, I think it'd be a good idea to make imprints copyable so that players can build a library of genetic traits. (Commit them to the codex.) ...Additionally, we definitely need to be able to release Kubrow into the wild. Sell them to the colonists, or something.

The problem is that with trading not only is it an even slimmer chance of finding exactly what you want, there is also a high chance that behind it there will be some idiot who will be selling that imprint for some outrageoous price because of whatever his/her definition or 'worthy' is.

And no, the imprint is a random chance too, the variables are lessened but is a chance nevertheless. Furthermore like I already said, people want these colors on their current, special Kubrows, not having to go through the hassle of making yet another Kubrow for a chance of getting desired results.

I don't like the color/pattern changes to Kubrow being random either.

Without proper customization you wouldn't be able to have your Kubrow look as wonderfull as this:

Ggddgsgdggd.png

btw not my pic, saw that on the wiki.

TLDR, If I pay plat for a color/pattern change, I want to be able to choose which one I get. Doing this isn't assuaging the community's fears about the PWE deal ( We all know PWE has done real money for random colors or other things). We haven't forgotten.

1) The RNG in the game feels like this:

2318.strip.gif

2) By keeping fur patterns and fur color palettes randomized, DE is actually saving me platinum, since I'm not really as tempted to purchase something produced by the above RNG. (So far, with two eggs, I've gotten a greyish white female raksa and huras Kubrow. And after countless additional runs with no egg in inventory, I haven't seen another egg.)

Oh, also, what's up with the 2 imprints per Kubrow? All we need with current tech for a genome map is a viable cell or two. I'm sure Kubrow are composed of more than 2 cells.

Edited by CedarDpg

I don't like the color/pattern changes to Kubrow being random either.

Without proper customization you wouldn't be able to have your Kubrow look as wonderfull as this:

Ggddgsgdggd.png

btw not my pic, saw that on the wiki.

That's apparently a bug though. I did see someone post a pic of a red, white, and blue Kubrow, not sure how "legit" it was though.

Another thing no one has brought up that I have seen...these imprints...sure we can trade them..but we won't know for several days if what we just paid plat for is actually what we will be getting.  We have to take people at their word.  

-snip-

Actually, aside from the species, you can see the pattern of the Kubrow imprinted during trade (I've already done  a trade, which is how I know)

finally someone who thinks the same im sick of all these kiddos raging becus they have to use money ingame but they still forget its a f2p game where the devsl istens ot the community .. i basically have 2 words for them ... grow up 

You call people "kiddos" because they have differing point and views of you and you think they're the ones that need to grow up?

Half the people here are saying they'd be more than happy to pay more plat to be able to customize their Kubrow how they want. I've told you before and I'll say it again. It's. Not. The. Price. It's the random aspect of it. Get it into your head that the main issue isn't because it costs plat. Because I'm done trying to lecture you.

Edited by Nitresco

Complaining about an aesthetic option.  Here's a tip: don't buy it.  This game has damn near a AAA quality with nowhere near the budget and here you are complaining about an aesthetic option.  That has no bearing at all on actual gameplay.

Edited by Letter13

1) The RNG in the game feels like this:

2318.strip.gif

2) By keeping fur patterns and fur color palettes randomized, DE is actually saving me platinum, since I'm not really as tempted to purchase something produced by the above RNG. (So far, with two eggs, I've gotten a greyish white female raksa and huras Kubrow. And after countless additional runs with no egg in inventory, I haven't seen another egg.)

Well, main appeal of buying stuff with real money in this game aside from slots and cosmetics is indeed fully skipping the RNG. I enjoyed and still am enjoying Loki Prime a lot, mainly because I never had to farm anything for it and instead can run what I love, which is rescue 2.0 missions. If you pay for something random, why pay at all? Unless you're an addict/gambler.

Seriously Pablo. This obviously isn't going over well with the community. You don't have to call it "painting the dog" lets just say we bought a genetic modification kit from the market (so you go into a menu to pick your fur color/pattern) and then it charges you plat and puts your dog into treatment (unusable) for a while to change the color. (3 hours like the stasis period?)

That's apparently a bug though. I did see someone post a pic of a red, white, and blue Kubrow, not sure how "legit" it was though.

I had a bug that when i changed sentinel colors after switching from my kubrow that it changed the kubrow colors and not the sentinel. Its a temporary visual bug and did not safe for me when entering a mission.

Complaining about an aesthetic option.  Here's a tip: don't buy it.  This game has damn near a AAA quality with nowhere near the budget and here you are complaining about an aesthetic option.  That has no bearing at all on actual gameplay.

It's not the aesthetics, it's the fact that it's possible that DE could carry this on into other aspects in the game in future updates. If we do not make our voice heard now, DE could make further mistakes in the future that could be costly for their player-base.

Do ANY, of you people, understand the concept of OPTIONAL.

No one is locking out of content, no one is forcing you down a path in order to get to someplace.

DE could have, just as easily, NOT added any options for color change on a Kubrow. How about not complaining about something that is present in-game that has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on your ability to play the game, and leave it the hell alone?

If DE introduces a 50 Plat option to randomly rearrange the order of your ship furniture, are you going to come back here and complain again, or just ignore it, like any intelligent person would?

Because that's a cold, dangerous, slippery slope.

DE is successful because they've found a niche in their relationship with their community built on trust, transparency, and fairness. If we allow them to make cosmetics RNG based, what then? If we show them that we support and pay for RNG with plat, they'll have incentive to continue doing it until we see a whole hell of a lot more of it.

In case you say "So?", one could say that about any arbitrary system. Why have a fair cash shop at all? Heck, why communicate with the community?

Because these things matter, and DE would be just another company if players didn't care about these things.

The problem is that with trading not only is it an even slimmer chance of finding exactly what you want, there is also a high chance that behind it there will be some idiot who will be selling that imprint for some outrageoous price because of whatever his/her definition or 'worthy' is.

And no, the imprint is a random chance too, the variables are lessened but is a chance nevertheless. Furthermore like I already said, people want these colors on their current, special Kubrows, not having to go through the hassle of making yet another Kubrow for a chance of getting desired results.

Alright, another question. Is it abundantly clear what's being imprinted on an imprint, or is it possible to be scammed by traders? I don't think trading should ever rely entirely on good faith.

...It also sounds to me like this system could benefit by making imprints more specific as to which qualities are going to be modified in growing Kubrow. That is, we should probably have distinct imprints for fur color, fur pattern, breed, and so forth. This would give us more granular control over what we're getting.

To address your second concern, while I personally feel it's fine to respect DE's (apparent) intention to keep our hands off the Kubrow once they're "born" as though they were characters instead of tools, perhaps DE could give players the option to plat buy (or otherwise) a Kubrow Metamorphosis Catalyst item which could effectively allow players to once again tamper with their DNA even after they've already been born? This could take the same amount of time as normal incubation.

Well, main appeal of buying stuff with real money in this game aside from slots and cosmetics is indeed fully skipping the RNG. I enjoyed and still am enjoying Loki Prime a lot, mainly because I never had to farm anything for it and instead can run what I love, which is rescue 2.0 missions. If you pay for something random, why pay at all? Unless you're an addict/gambler.

Exactly. If they give us selectable (but pay for) fur patterns and color choices, I might actually be tempted to spend platinum on it. :)

(And yeah, I don't like gambling much.)

DE Rebecca: If you are going to use real life analogies it would be more reasonable to compare it to getting your own dog in real life. You don't control what color the offspring arrive in but you actually get to pick the puppy you would like take home. It's not like they put them all in a blender and you might end up coming home with a parrot instead. Which brings me to the next point

DE Pablo: I understand your trepidations towards pink, green Kubrow but that is really easily solved. Take a look at the dog color genetics chart below:

slide1nusw0.jpg

So all you have to do is make Red, Black, Brown, Grey and White optional color pallets acquirable for 50p each. No need to add ALL colors.

Then you can also make a option for markings similar to lets say this:

african_leopard_dog_re_vamp_markings_by_

These could also each be acquirable for 50p each.

All you then would need to do is sit back and enjoy the increased income. Win win

Not buying it does not fix a flawed system.

You wont mind running as a green purple pink Rhino for me for the next few years of Warframe will you now? Oh and if you don't want to, pay me about 10 platinum to change it, and your only aloud to press the random colors button. Lemme know how that goes for you.

If it's such a small deal, since it's "only an aesthetic option", why is it behind an RNG wall of money? Why didn't it come out to be customizable like everything else in the game?

We're not complaining to be douches, or "waahhhhhing". We're doing this for the game, and for other people, and FUTURE PLAYERS. You know? That one guy? That's gonna play 7 months from now? Yeah I'd bet he'd rather have the ability to choose for himself than have to play spin the wheel on the DNA splicer for a color change.

I love this game. I BRAG about this game on other MMO's I happen to hop on. This is the game I play and come back to once everything else has gone "meh" to me. I voice my opinion out because I give a damn. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be here.

Edit for typos. No sleep makes fingers go mush.