Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.0.8

[DE]Rebecca

Prosecutor Changes:

• Changes in location of Prosecutors is live on Ceres, this was not explicitly called out in full on Update 14 but has been live since then. Endless mission types like Survival and Defense will now guarantee you Delta Beacons. Gamma, Omega, and Kappa Beacons can be found on Prosecutors on the non-endless mission types.

This is good to know, but there is another issue. The prosecutors are competing with other eximus for spawning, making prosecutor farming on any non-endless mission much more difficult.

On Kubrow egg drop rate: Another user mentioned noticing how eggs fell through the floor on drop.

... Mayhap drop rate is good but many eggs disappear before they can be picked up?

Something worth testing for, I think. Just not clear, how ensure that it can be observed.

yup could be like the old raptor bug right when nova came out

UI is still tiny on Mod Station UI and I can only see 2 rows of mods at a time. So when I scroll to the bottom the last row is cut off toward the top. Yet the scroll bar on the right seems to suggest a much large view-able selection.

display res is 2560x1600 

aspect ratio: 16:10

nFSbolY.jpg

Exact same problem here for me.  I complained about in the previous thread but guessing noone cares about people using high resolutions for the game.

In the update warframe/weapon/companions pages it makes it almost completely unreadable trying to figure out what mods are available to put on the weapon.  Even mousing over mods on that screen barely makes them readable on a 30" monitor.

It's so sad as it was at least useable, if a bit large from 14.00 to 14.06.  I really wish they'd put in an option to have the previous larger version or give us some ability to scale it to a larger size when using high resolutions.

Edited by silent_buddha

Exact same problem here for me.  I complained about in the previous thread but guessing noone cares about people using high resolutions for the game.

In the update warframe/weapon/companions pages it makes it almost completely unreadable trying to figure out what mods are available to put on the weapon.  Even mousing over mods on that screen barely makes them readable on a 30" monitor.

It's so sad as it was at least useable, if a bit large from 14.00 to 14.06.  I really wish they'd put in an option to have the previous larger version or give us some ability to scale it to a larger size when using high resolutions.

^^ This! All day, this. This man speaketh the truth. I really had little problem with Update 14 UI. Like you said, it was a bit large but pixel density scale appropriately

Please can we get a scale/slider or something. It is unusable now. I would really hate to be a new player. I tend to know what mods I have so this is less detrimental for me. 

Edited by RawGritz

I'm hoping if the decision is made to remove the Kubrow Genetic Scrambler, that people who used their plat on it be refunded. I spent over 200p trying to get a rare or somewhat unique color scheme, If people like myself aren't refunded for spending on something that was removed it would degrade my view on warframe.

So can us Glaive lovers ever expect our Glaives to stop blowing up exactly as we catch them about 5% of the time, instantly knocking us out and making it impossible to use them in solo mode? Because it happened three times in a single mission earlier today, and having Glaives kill their owners is stupid. Very, very stupid. Incredibly stupid.

Endless mission types like Survival and Defense will now guarantee you Delta Beacons. Gamma, Omega, and Kappa Beacons can be found on Prosecutors on the non-endless mission types.

Though the change makes the bossruns more fluid (and easier to arrange), I think it should be pointed out that these kind of... solutions are the reasons new players have a problem understanding the game. Yes, this is just a single instance where everything drops from certain enemies except one that is necessary (and most likely it won't be mentioned in codex or anywhere so new players will be forced to ask around on forums/chat or look at external wiki) but since the lack of information is a problem already, different kind of solutions might fare better - main point is trying to stick to a single thing. Either make the prosecutors (that still need their nigh-immunity-except-single-element replaced by high-resistant-temporary-shield(-against-last-encountered-element-or-something)) drop everything and change rarity, make them drop a single beacon and make the key require a lot, create the drop-system you mentioned long ago (where stuff that drop a lot loses chance to be dropped - thus you will eventually get your rare item), or plain make all mission types drop a beacon (certain types for certain missions?).

Anyways, to appease players that do not like to hunt for information for every single thing, better to stick to the same principle for things that are connected. So no need to make everything drop the same way but if they are keys to the same map, make sure they drop the same way. You can make them use both principles, doesn't matter, just make sure every single one of them that are used for the same thing sticks to that.

I'm on ts3 with quite a few warframe players and have some in our clan too (and region chat is just as much of a good source) and an interesting percentage of the conversations is centered around "help! I dunno what to do/how to do this!".

• Fixed an issue with Prism's energy per second cost being reduced every time it is used when you have an ability efficiency mod (like Streamline) equipped.

Er, so it got reduced every single time again and again? I was about to point it out that we have such mods for the very reason to reduce that cost but I get it now, the problem was more than that, okay.

By the way, there are certain situations where it's not apparent if and how certain mods will affect an ability - like Bastille's amount of caught enemies affected by power strength or the stats of Nyx's ultimate and so on. I know you can't write pages of data on a single mod's icon but a way to bring up some kind of datasheet would really make the game look more... detailed/user friendly. Also, you would appease certain type of players that love tweaking stuff to the max - without being forced to rely on datamining...

• Fixed an issue with cancelling node selection on the Solar Map not properly updating your presence data (what your friends see that you’re up to on their list).

Cancelling your vote was always a problem (and not just in this manner) - I still find it pretty annoying that even though it says I have 5 seconds left I can't just hit esc and stop the countdown. Also, with the new UI it seems we have a MUCH harder time to cancel our votes if someone scream on TS/chat that they need to change something in arsenal.

Also, Finding Squad action still throws in the Please wait... popup, rendering me unable to do Anything but kill the game from Task manager. Quite fun when only a single minute is left from the alert...

Also, it still shows 4 ships on loading screen even if only 3 players are in... (while 2 players yield 3 ships)

• Fixed a loss of functionality that could occur when equipping items too quickly in the Arsenal.

Sometimes chat did something similar - you could chat but nothing else happened. Is that fixed/registered too?

• Fixed an issue with the water effects appearing incorrectly on Forest tilesets.

No offense but it was pretty bad everywhere else too.

• Fixed an issue with Alliance emblems appearing as default Clan emblems on the Solar Chart in respective Dark Sector nodes.

Lots of flags and such that are originally parts of certain dojo rooms tend to have the default icon instead of our clan's. Are such things looked at or is that intended (I doubt/hope not the latter). Also, room amount 100hardcap in dojos removed any soon?

• Unlisted 14.0.7 fix: Fixed Kubrow Starter Packs not giving 6 DNA Stabilizers, but only giving 1. Anyone who purchased a Kubrow Starter Pack before this hotfix is being retroactively compensated in a script. This Script will add 5 DNA Stabilizers for every 1 Kubrow Starter Pack purchased.

You might want to clarify how Kubrows work - in-game. My first reaction to these stabilizers and his ever decreasing HP was: "Ah, what a perfect world...".

• Fixed an issue with Banshee's Immortal Skin always appearing white.

Numerous stuff has coloring problems, like Nekros's personal mortis syandana not using it's own colors (but the frame's primary instead), vortex being default colored on clients, melee channeling being partially default colored on clients, bolts shot from boltor (and the like) weapons not having the energy color on them (pretty apparent when dozens of those cover an enemy), or weapon muzzleshot being default colored while the shots have their own color (like Dera, Supra, even the ones in the hands of enemies).

Nothing serious but they are pretty old issues now.

Edited by K_Shiro

Serious fixes still needed:

• Gamebreaking bug that results in full UI lockup after inviting someone to a squad after finishing a mission through the chat window right click.

• Banshee Sonar needs fixing, it still doesn't work

• Rail Conflicts need to be rolled back to the previous PvE type such that they are both playable and enjoyable again :P

• In addition to Mind Control and Shadows of the Dead now Well of Life also jams after a few uses and becomes stuck in "Power in use" state. Another good power made useless...

• Getting stuck forever in "Please Wait" when initiating a search for a squad in a "Highly populated" mission. A temp fix would be to just add a timeout timer to that, so we can try again without having to kill and restart the game.

Thanks for quick thinking fix and your efforts!

Edited by Megakoresh