Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Storm Palette Ruined. Most Of The Darks Are Just Black.

Hexagoros

You really don't understand the issue do you?

"the issue" is yours, and what i understand is that you think that the colors on the palette still (despite the fix) doesn't correspond to the colors on the items and you don't like the new colors as well (even if the new tints for Kubrow are more widely appreciated).

That's what i understood. Is that incorrect?

Actually, they are not messing, they are fixing.

Look at the Beta agreement, everything is subject to changes.

Plus, we have a free color picker for the occasion.

Just give your emotions time, so you'll see that many of the colors are way better and that you can enjoy a lot of beautiful combinations.

Switch teleported from General Discussion.

you cannot call a game with live cash shop a beta.

As soon as cash shop is added - its released and beta is just an excuse for problems.

unless they are willing to REFUND all points used when it "releases".

As soon as cash shop is added - its released and beta is just an excuse for problems.

That's a relatively broken view. Many games, such as Warframe, have cash shops in beta. They help in getting funds in order to bring the game OUT OF BETA by bringing it up to the dev's ideal standard.

"the issue" is yours, and what i understand is that you think that the colors on the palette still (despite the fix) doesn't correspond to the colors on the items and you don't like the new colors as well (even if the new tints for Kubrow are more widely appreciated).

No, I know that they don't match. It's not about what I think. They do not match the colors on the palettes. The fix corrected the shaders, but to compensate for those shaders, every single color was made darker and more saturated because under the broken system, they were washed out. So these colors that we see appeared normal under the broken system. DE changed the system, fixing it, but they didn't go back and change the colors. The kubrow colors post-hotfix are fine because they aren't dependent on the color palettes. There is no problem there, not that I've seen. But the Warframes and Sentinels absolutely do not look right. Right doesn't mean what's visually appeasing to me. Right is what the color palettes show. They do not match. So yes, your understanding is incorrect.

So, until the new hotfix, the Storm colors were my favorites, particularly the deep reds, but now, the darker colors in the storm palette are basically just shades of black.

Why did you guys feel the need to fix what wasn't broken?

Seriously, we can barely connect to matches, most of my clan can't access the dojo, and you guys are messing with color palettes?!?  Who was complaining about the colors?  Didn't we just have that whole dopleganger contest with the colors?!

I looked at the Storm palette. Looks like deep reds, etc. to me. But then I turned on Color Correction (which desaturates the screen and adds a color filter) and yes. So turn off Color Correction to actually have good color.

"Oh no my perfect colours aren't the exact same anymore." No, the specific ones you selected are different, but the ones you had still exist somewhere in the palettes. Find them, or find another appealing combo.

Try telling that to the Smoke pack. So many shades of dark grey became latex black, so many shades of light grey became supernova white.

Tell you what, I have some before and after shots of a few warframes' default colours. Let me mash them together.

They weren't converted correctly, as Steve explained it here.

The new colors are more intense, will correspond to the Devstreams demos, will respect the original will and work of the Devs, and make the game what it is supposed to be.

And we will have the opportunity to buy the colors we previously had paid for again, win-win, no? :P

Nothing prevents you from tweaking your own colors. Your actual colors are a bit broken ? Well, try to find another way to make it back or find another color combination that looks good for you. Colors where not done the way devs would like to be, so they fixed it. Now it's up to you to move ahead and rediscover your color palettes.

As long as the devs says that it's a beta, it's still a beta. You can't change this.

I hope that DE comes out with some better browns in the future really

We be lackin

I have found some ways AROUND the gross saturation but some of them cant really be replaced

like the beige I used for my Nekros was turned into yellow

and as much as we all love space Jaundice, some of the colors just seem..

irreplaceable

the change took away and gave at the same time

my Easter palette is a little more saturated which is.. odd.

but the valentine palette got that sexy red

blacks are like.. super black now

something really to get use to

EBufghR.jpg

Funny, mine don't match either.

I admit some colors are worse than others, but it's not fixed, just swung the other way.

I no longer have the colors I paid for. They are gone. I didn't pay for the colors I have now. You can't dispute that.

Whether or not the colors can be found on other palettes doesn't matter. I'm not going to buy more palettes in hope of getting those colors back, when they have proven that they very well could change again in the future.

Stop trying to play this off as people just being emotional and discredit our feedback as hysterics. We all know that everything is subject to change. But just as well, we have a right to voice our feedback in hopes that it is heard. Just because you don't mind this change doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Your not even supplying feedback on the issue yourself. All that you and Einde are doing is telling us to essentially get over it, tough luck. 

Edited by Charismo

Try telling that to the Smoke pack. So many shades of dark grey became latex black, so many shades of light grey became supernova white.

Tell you what, I have some before and after shots of a few warframes' default colours. Let me mash them together.

When I look at the smoke pack, the colour icons are pretty much latex black, and those are the colours they appear as on the frame. Same for the dark greys and greys. I see no problems here, getting what you paid for.

Something that also became extremely black is Hayden Tenno's Armor. Unlike the nicely shaded greyish colors, all of the amor is almost black (But his Metallic Arm is still normal thouhg). Sure, it is fixable by using other color packs but the Default colors really is way to dark.

Looks fine to me.  Have you tried clicking 'Default' to get the current default colours?

Edit:  Other things worth noting: Colour Correction and Dynamic Lighting will affect the colours you see while on your ship and Immortal skins do not use the same default colors as the original frames.

Edited by Katinka

It says good things about the game when the thing that players are most vocally whining about is that their pretty Warframe colors have been changed without their consent.

Unless the point of this fix now was to distract the player base from other more severe issues. Like still getting hang ups on the loading screen despite it being fixed twice.

I like the new changes. Black and Grey are one of my most used colors and they look pretty nice now. 

Also my Grey-Blue and Red's that i use look really good now.

I also checked the storm palette and it really isnt just shades of black. i dont know what kind of monitor you have but i can see a difference between each color. the deepest one is nearly black yes but the others go slightly brighter

Plus we got a desaturated color palette for free

Unless the point of this fix now was to distract the player base from other more severe issues. Like still getting hang ups on the loading screen despite it being fixed twice.

And the game crashing one or two people in a mission when a kubrow starts bleeding out.

I have. get the same black colors that doesnt match his Dark Sector Look. I found the correct colors in a different color pack so no problems there but still, it was unexpected.

So it didn't look like the one in my linked screenshot when you clicked default?  That is a screenshot taken after I clicked default.  No changes.

Hitting default on frames actually restores the pre-hotfix colors. And then you can't get back the saturated default.

Hitting default makes them the same colour as their portraits.  The colours were fixed to match the colours on the pallets but the existing frames ended up being over-saturated because the colours had already been adjusted to compensate.  Clicking default gets them back to the colours they have always been in promotional materials and portraits.

When I look at the smoke pack, the colour icons are pretty much latex black, and those are the colours they appear as on the frame. Same for the dark greys and greys. I see no problems here, getting what you paid for.

I accidentally +1'd you instead of quoting.

No. I paid for a load of greys. Now I have about 40 detail-destroying blacks.

They only problem I have so far is with the Smoke (Black&White&50shades of grey) colorset..

Most of the grey's are black now.. and that really sucks.

In this case I find it quite weird that the devs seem to have always seen the colors the way we are now (in their dev kit, whatever).

Why would they have created a colorpalette with 10 diffrent blacks?

They changed/fixed it, because the kubrows were mostly white or grey colored and missed a lot of colors they originally wanted in the game.

They had to fix that of course.. but in the process plenty of different color shades (especially the darker ones) went done the crapper.

At least that's what I think.

For all those gold lovers out there... I think in the top right corner of the "Easter" colorpalette is a fairly decent substitute. 

Edited by Isohexan