The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starvation Strike, Until De Reacts! (The End)

7grims

This type of behavior with people happens in every game I have ever played. You get a new mechanic, a group of people of people dislike the new mechanic, and decide they know better, and start listing the reasons why their idea is superior.

Your idea is NOT superior, it's simply better for you because it's less hassle for your precious playtime.

Spitting the dummy is not going to help you. In fact, it's going to help you less. Regardless of what reasons are behind a game mechanic, the company putting it in place has reasons. Many of those reasons may even be specifically designed to make more money, but since none of you here have to spend any money to play, unlike say, WoW or EvE Online (and in EvE you can actually buy extra time for free by making virtual money in game, if you play a lot, or are very organized), you don't get to dictate the main direction.

No one cares how many Kubrows you starve. You really want to try and make a point? Try deleting your account, and show how much Plat and resources and time you just just destroyed as a form of protest, and I guarantee you, DE still will won't care, because the mechanics they put in place are working as intended.

Killing in game objects we can get multiple of in a few hours of normal gameplay just makes you look like a complaining child, so please stop pushing this pointless exercise of a post to the top every single day. Consider this post of mine one last push for free.

And just as a side note, I'm not daring you to delete your account, because even if you DID, DE would probably just restore it. Once, anyway.

I'm just pointing out you are wasting your time either way.

Who upvotes this sophistry?

You're falling into the very thing you criticize someone else for, you goose.

Thank you! That's the first confirmed Kubrow starvation death I've seen. +1.

+1 to the OP too - hopefully Goat's sacrifice is not in vain!

Actually couldn't bring myself to do this, so both my Kubrows are sitting in stasis for the forseeable future.

Actually I thought I said like half way through the thread that my Kubrow died of DNA decay like 3 days ago but I didn't screen shot it. I found it odd because they had audio for Ordis that he flushed my kubrow's remains out the airlock because he had died (or something like that). The annoying thing is that I gave my kubrow 3 DNA stabilizers over time and then i didn't use my kubrow for like 3 days cuz I thought they would never take away that hard work i had done in getting him but I guess I was wrong.

This type of behavior with people happens in every game I have ever played. You get a new mechanic, a group of people of people dislike the new mechanic, and decide they know better, and start listing the reasons why their idea is superior.

Your idea is NOT superior, it's simply better for you because it's less hassle for your precious playtime.

Spitting the dummy is not going to help you. In fact, it's going to help you less. Regardless of what reasons are behind a game mechanic, the company putting it in place has reasons. Many of those reasons may even be specifically designed to make more money, but since none of you here have to spend any money to play, unlike say, WoW or EvE Online (and in EvE you can actually buy extra time for free by making virtual money in game, if you play a lot, or are very organized), you don't get to dictate the main direction.

No one cares how many Kubrows you starve. You really want to try and make a point? Try deleting your account, and show how much Plat and resources and time you just just destroyed as a form of protest, and I guarantee you, DE still will won't care, because the mechanics they put in place are working as intended.

Killing in game objects we can get multiple of in a few hours of normal gameplay just makes you look like a complaining child, so please stop pushing this pointless exercise of a post to the top every single day. Consider this post of mine one last push for free.

And just as a side note, I'm not daring you to delete your account, because even if you DID, DE would probably just restore it. Once, anyway.

You know, he would have probably killed the Kubrow regardless.  He just decided to make a topic about it, there's probably thousands starving their Kubrows at this point (8 mil players y'know).

Are you seriously defending a 20 day wait though?

I thought more of a weekly barbecue in the gardens of the upcoming Playerhubs and everybody brings their least favorite Kubrow to be roasted in a barbecue contest between all the Embers being around. :D

Like a Minigame for Ember.

And then we have some beer to the Kubrow steaks of course while all the Rhinos are trying to hit on all the Valkyrs.

Awww yeah, bring on the Kubrow Parks! 

Hydroid bring out the rum you salty ol' sea dog. 

Somehow I ended up listening to "Europe - The Final Countdown" from the TennoLive 2014 post on Warframe's Facebook page. Somehow the song is more fitting for this topic than for the TennoLive. ^^

"We're leaving together, but still it's farewell." (Me and my Carrier leaving the Kubrows behind in the fridge)

"And maybe we'll come back to Earth, who can tell?" (To farm another Kubrow egg.)

"I guess there is no one to blame" (Oh boy, DE is to blame for not implementing a "Release Kubrow"-button)

"We're leaving ground, will things ever be the same again?" (Nope they won't because that's pixelated animal cruelty)

"It's the final countdown..." (To let our Kubrows starve)

"We're heading for Venus and still we stand tall." (Because that's where the Kubrow Quest and madness begins.)

"Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all" (I bet the Corpus/Grineer do.)

"With so many light years to go and things to be found" (Looking forward to TennoLive)

"I'm sure that we'll all miss her so." (Alright that's why we let the Kubrows starve)

"It's the final countdown..."

Awww yeah, bring on the Kubrow Parks! 
Hydroid bring out the rum you salty ol' sea dog.

Which reminds me that I'm still supposed to farm some of the beacons to finally get the last part for Hydroid. But I don't really feel like doing that since the droprates for beacons are crap ever since a few hotfixes ago. :/

Edited by MeduSalem

After watching for 10 days for this thread, I started to care for that poor Goat. It's kinda sad, that he has to die anyway.

Yah, it's true, being a human is kinda stupid, I know this is just a virtual pet, and one I want to be rid off, but after all this long process, I'm kinda getting attached to this pixel animal.

But he got to go, one way or the other, the memories and screenshots shall be enough to honor him.

I been wanting to think of a way to not have to kill my kubrow he Cute and was Cute when he was little but the fact is I have no use for him no more in a way I cannot use more then 1 kubrow at a time so keeping 2 of the same race of kubrow would be pointless and also even for sentimental purposes he is taking the spot of what could have been another kubrow with better characteristic

P.S> Is Easier to kill a  kubrow when u have at least some imprints of him to have a picture of him to look at cause u can always try to get him back

I already milked my kubrow for what he is worth and traded 1 imprint and used the other one with my other kubrow imprint to make the Kubrow that Is replacing him cause he has better quality and has blue coat as well as taller and more muscles 

so yeah I have no use for my poor kubrow so I am gonna have to kill him or feed him to the infested 

also never forgot the loki will show up at the barbecue

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/28968-dspite/?tab=posts

V5tY6ub.jpg

Please leave him alone, just like me and my tread, he is expression is opinion.

Just like I'm opposing the-lack-of-sell-kubrows-button, he is opposing the-shameful-way-I'm-expressing-my-concern.

No. He's more of a jerk than I am, that takes a lot.

How is it shameful? It's an emotionally/humorously driven attempt at conveying an oversight. I think it's brilliant.

You saying it's shameful in hindsight means you're either admitting to trolling, or you didn't create this out of brilliance, rather a hokey stunt at attention.

No. He's more of a jerk than I am, that takes a lot.

How is it shameful? It's an emotionally/humorously driven attempt at conveying an oversight. I think it's brilliant.

You saying it's shameful in hindsight means you're either admitting to trolling, or you didn't create this out of brilliance, rather a hokey stunt at attention.

I created this out of spite for the kubrow system, few are the details and features of the kubrow system I like and think that are reasonable.

If anything, yes, I wanted to create attention on DE's side, so they would change this overlong process.

I don;t hate the new mechanics, most of us don;t. We just find it unreasonable that we can't get rid of what we don't want withing a reasonable time frame, Say waiting 1 day to sell kubrow is understandable, but 20 days? No that is too much, that is really all we want to change. And yeah, it is less of a hassle to sell kubrows, less of a hassle than waiting 20 days to reroll your pet dog.

Gimme that Goat. I'll feed him his last meal, made of Sand Skates, Grineer livers, Corpus brains, and infested... wait... leave the infested stuff out. That stuff is just bitter to the core. :D Still sad to see them pixels go. >.<