Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starvation Strike, Until De Reacts! (The End)

7grims

It's to prevent mass imprint farming and to force players to spend platinum on kubrow stasis so they can roll the dice in the hopes of getting an imprint worth something before everyone has the rare ones.

Majority of players see the kubrow as a platinum maker atm. But at the root of it, that platinum comes from someone spending some money and if they make it easier to get the imprints players want, less income for the devs.

I'm not defending it btw. By all means starve your ugly mongrels. But don't expect an actual change for a while concerning this honestly. If they do cave and give a way to get rid of them, you can bet you will either have to pay for it, or do something really annoying and time consuming.

They won't break the machine if it works as intended honestly.

IMO.

For those who think this is bad, at least it's just a virtual pet that is just a few bits of data... It sort of brings to mind a vet I know who, when working at a humane society, had some chick bring in her dog for euthanasia. After the vet's examination, he found the dog to be in perfect health, good temperament/friendly, attractive appearance...basically a great candidate for rehoming/adoption. So he suggested putting the dog up for adoption, but the owner said to him that she was moving to an apartment that didn't allow dogs and wanted to euthanize the dog because she didn't want anyone else to own him. And as per the humane society's policies, if the animal's owner wants the animal put down, that's what they have to do. So the dog was put down because company policies. (The vet was bothered by this that he quit right after and went to work for a hospital where they could refuse to do euthanasia for unacceptable reasons.)

They won't break the machine if it works as intended honestly.

If they start doing that with every new game element they add then it might be better not to invest any more money into DE because literally I didn't help DE founding a Slot Machine.

Edited by MeduSalem

Before the U14 and kubrows existed, I thought DE would design a system were these pets would get a permanent death if they die in battle, and something like the imprints would exist to recover our dead pet with 3 hours of penalization.

I also thought they would be clones, and therefore no eggs would be necessary; in this idea they would make the players recover different samples of the feral kubrows to attempt on getting a good mixture of DNA to obtain a specific type of kubrows.

This was pretty much based on the fact that we use scanners to scann plants to obtain those potions of heal.

Also thought each type of kubrow would be matched with a specific fur pattern, thus differentiate each kubrow type.

This systems would be more in sync with all other items in the game, creating consistency, just like we collect 3 or 4 parts to make a weapon or frame.

So in the end, I created this awareness tread, about the forgotten sell button.

But in reality, I still believe the overall kubrow system is too complex, too distant from the logic of the entire game, and too demanding, because it is at this moment a Tamagoshi game, inside a sci-fi space-age shooting game.

Edited by 7grims

A moment of silence for Goat.

You go now to a better place Goat, a land where Kubrow parkour animations have been added, and there are many couches to chew apart. I knew you only as grims's chunky kubrow, but you have become so much more. You are a martyr to your masters cause, RIP Goat. Reece's In Pieces T_T.

It is done. Goat is gone.

@7grims: So will we see another Kubrow being sacrificed or has the thread virtually come to an end?

Welcome to free to play gaming.

Seems pretty much like it. I might not regret investing money in something that's been perfectly fair until U14 because I had fun with playing the game... but if this trend of cannibalizing every aspect of a new gameplay mechanic continues then we might as well have reached PW standards without the need of PW in the first place. If this becomes obvious with the next bigger Update when they release a new mechanic that suffers the same flaws then I guess it's time to leave the sinking ship because there's no gold to be found at the end of this rainbow rather than having to pay along the way to get yourself a frozen turd with vomit to top it off every once in a while.

It is done. Goat is gone.

@7grims: So will we see another Kubrow being sacrificed or has the thread virtually come to an end?

Seems pretty much like it. I might not regret investing money in something that's been perfectly fair until U14 because I had fun with playing the game... but if this trend of cannibalizing every aspect of a new gameplay mechanic continues then we might as well have reached PW standards without the need of PW in the first place. If this becomes obvious with the next bigger Update when they release a new mechanic that suffers the same flaws then I guess it's time to leave the sinking ship because there's no gold to be found at the end of this rainbow rather than having to pay along the way to get yourself a frozen turd with vomit to top it off every once in a while.

I would like to point out that buying Platinum is NOT "investing money", if anything, it's a donation to say "thank you" for existing content - very important here - EXISTING content. and NOT what is to come, as no one knows what that actually is.

You have all signed agreements that say "this game could radically alter overnight and even turn into a Minecraft clone", ok, that last bit is not actually in the agreement, but it's implied, which means that once DE has your money, they can shut down the whole operation and just run.

If you gave them money is because you enjoyed the current content. If you are doing it with some belief that the game will "get awesome" in the near future, you will discover that every player has their own definition of "awesome", and that it will be VASTLY different from yours, which means DE can only please a percentage of players.

Apart from some mechanics, weapon balances, and some lack of mission variety - my tick list of "awesome" that I want - the game is fine for a F2P. I have no idea what expectations you had, but maybe you should go play games that charge you per month AND punish you, like EVE Online, before making comments about a game that practically bleeds resources to players from every pore.

In 1-2 months here you can get everything, unlock everything. Feel free to lists games that have that. If it was up to me I'd make it even harder. The current system encourages too many self-entitled people.

self-entitled : A feeling that one deserves more than one actually does.

Don't go around saying the game owes you anything. The game owes you nothing. It was here first.

(that's me paraphrasing Mark Twain by the way, and I'm not being original in ANY way)

But in reality, I still believe the overall kubrow system is too complex, too distant from the logic of the entire game, and too demanding, because it is at this moment a Tamagoshi game, inside a sci-fi space-age shooting game.

I have been saying this since the Kubrow system was introduced. It seems like a foreign system when you compare it to the current systems and lore in the game. Our kubrows have DNA decay issues due to DNA tampering but in that case why did we need to get eggs? Surely for an advanced civilization there would be a way to just domesticate the kubrow from the egg without DNA tampering or to be able to tamper with its DNA and not give it DNA cancer. I mean you can create an AI but you can't domesticate a kubrow without killing it slowly. This DNA decay system seems to be not that well thought out from my point of view and is 100% unnecessary, it absolutely nothing to the game and for some the concept takes away from the game. The egg grind as a part of this process is extremely painful and annoying due to its rarity, while I am fine with new ways of obtaining gear ,this process seems to be lacking a lot in some area and a little in most areas.

On the other system that I find to be foreign from the game: The lack of a delete button is very odd because everything in this game revolves around the ability of getting rid of your current gear/weapons to make room for a weapon which you find to be better or just want to max. Having to wait until your kubrow dies shows that the kubrow system was not thought out as well as it could have been. The one thing I find extremely odd about kubrows dying is Ordis having recorded lines for kubrows dying, this shows that DE at least knew it would happen enough that Ordis should be included in the "experience".

RIP kubrow Ardith: who died 7 days ago protesting needles and a nonexistent DNA decay.