Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Possible To Not Die When Being Targeted By A Stalker Now?

Mokona512

Question

24 answers to this question

Keep you distance. Taking him on head-to-head is suicide unless you are an incredibly skilled and acrobatic swordsman. Most Tenno favor their firearms. If that's you, keep your distance.

He will fall from a couple shots from a well modded Paris Prime, or ironically a well modded Dread (his own bow)

Run in a circle.

Shoot Stalker.

???

Profit.

^ This basically

Also, abilities w/ durations, such as Smoke Screen and Iron Skin, will be cancelled by the Stalker, since he has the ability Dispel. Check the wikia for more info.

I killed him in three shots with a Dread bow.

Ah-heh-heh-heh...

The irony...

Seriously, he is easy to take down as long as you know what you're doing and are well equipped ahead of time.

Keep your distance, get on top of something tall but large enough that you can still dodgeroll and strafe, or run around him on the ground.

Make sure to notify your teammates that he's coming if you can as well.

Stalker appears immediately after his third taunt.  When he starts talking, I just stand with my back to a corner, waiting for him.  When he appears I shoot directly into his little smoke cloud and he's almost always dead before he attacks.  With proper timing, you can shoot the ground near his spawn location with an Ogris and he will be dead on arrival.

I've never successfully parried his melee attacks, leading me to suspect that it's not possible.

never. never. ever. EVER try to fight Stalker 1v1. 

Keep Moving

Keep firing

have your friends join in 

use a Marelock. seriously, a three formaed Marelock = the 2 shot drop against him   

I prefer my Brakk. Two shots can also take him down, and the shots are fired faster too.

From how people say he's so easy, I think the only way to actually deal with him is to have a weapon that can kill him in one hit.  Which would be his bow.  Which you need to kill the Stalker to get.

They really need to rethink this boss -.-

From how people say he's so easy, I think the only way to actually deal with him is to have a weapon that can kill him in one hit.  Which would be his bow.  Which you need to kill the Stalker to get.

Not really, I take him down with my braton prime which is by far the weakest primed primary and it still only takes around 5-10 seconds.

Not really the case. Practically any weapon can kill him, even solo. It's a matter of mobility, awareness and forethought to win that fight. More firepower just makes the fight a lot shorter and thus easier, since you won't have to spend time dodging and keeping your environment in mind. Less firepower means there is more time for you to make a mistake and end up dying is all.

never. never. ever. EVER try to fight Stalker 1v1. 

Keep Moving

Keep firing

have your friends join in 

use a Marelock. seriously, a three formaed Marelock = the 2 shot drop against him   

0d68894730.jpg

accept no substitutes. 

You need to rethink your strategy for dealing with this boss.  Read the advice people are giving in this topic

[edit: that was too harsh.  re-phrased it.]

Edited by Grimtongue

I consider him more of a "gear-check" than a "challenge" personally. Either you have enough damage output and knowledge of his attack patterns and you take him out fast, or you don't and if you're not used to fighting him you won't last long. Even more so if you're playing solo. Of course you can always dodge Dread/Despair, but "luck" is also a factor, since he randomly Teleport/Slash Dash behind you.

Also depends on which node you get him to spawn, because you know, scaling is bonkers in this game. Starts off ridiculously easy and Stalker is really not a threat (unless you're a fresh player maybe?), and with the levels it turns into an instagib festival. That's where the "dodging" part becomes crucial.^^

Oh, and don't listen to people who talk about "strategy"... Running around him and dodging his arrows and kunais requires precisely ZERO strategy/tactic sense, It's basic common sense to avoid attacks that are a threat to your health, no matter the enemy.^^

Killing the Stalker is pretty easy. The problem is he can kill you too and since he is an AI he can aim a lot better which in turn is off-setted by the flight time of his equipment.

I haven't been able to kill the Stalker when he is after me mainly because even a single pause in running equals to my death.

Makes me miss the even harder Closed Beta Stalker with hitscan weapons. Tons of health, plenty of damage but more of an equal and less of a OP prick. I prefer getting nuked by a Penta wielding Rhino to this new Stalker any day.

You need to rethink your strategy for dealing with this boss. Read the advice people are giving in this topic

[edit: that was too harsh. re-phrased it.]

Still too harsh. I'm dodging his attacks, ducking into cover, strafing, doing everything I can to get away from him and all he does is slash dash to me and stab me once to instantly kill me. Hell, most of the time he doesn't use abilities- he teleports behind me and starts spamming melee before I can run away.  I can't use my abilities, I can't break through his shields, and I can't get away from him. The only time I killed him I was a valkyr and got lucky he didn't dispell my hysteria so I could just punch him to death. Even with a maxed out rhino prime and a boltor prime/angstrum I might as well quit the mission if the screen flashes black. This whole "dodge more, noob" bullS#&$ is insulting because I couldn't dodge more if I tried!  I'm doing everything you do to fight him and I still lose!  The only difference is my weapons don't do 12k damage per bullet.

Edit: Sorry, I'm just still pissed because last night he decided to visit me twice in a row and proceeded to kick my &#! on even my best frame.  I'm so sick of losing to him because all I hear from people is how easy he is because he dies in one hit, meanwhile I can't even break his shields even after hitting him with four rockets from a modded angstrum.  It's getting to th e point I want to make a frame that's "anti-stalker" so that the next time I get marked I farm Mercury until he shows up and I wreck him like Ralph.

Edited by Aramanth

Use a fast weapon like boltor prime or soma and mow him down before he pulls out dread and fires, and dodge is melee first so he has to take the time to pull out his bow and anim, and mostly not miss. And also a more efficent and safer way is to use loki prime or loki with a invisability and hologram build, so when The Stalker saids his 3rd taunt, turn invisable and place a hologram, and when he spawns on you, he wont detect you, and so he wont use dispel, then you can mow him down with head shots and critcal point shots.

I usually am blessed with his presence whilst running void missions solo, as another Tenno above said you can take all his shield if you catch him in the spawning animation, leaving him more or less one shot from death when he starts moving,, another tip, which I use is to go near enemies when he is spawning, as they regard him as a foe and will take his attention from you for them first few seconds, allowing you to get a headstart in the fight