Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Ships Firing At?

sir_deadlock

Just something I noticed.
I mean, of course it's not strictly important, but they just fire out into the distance at nothing in particular.

Could have them trading shots with another ship or picking off small personal ships. Maybe causing craters on a moon or breaking up asteroids to clear the way for the ship.

Just something I noticed.

I mean, of course it's not strictly important, but they just fire out into the distance at nothing in particular.

Could have them trading shots with another ship or picking off small personal ships. Maybe causing craters on a moon or breaking up asteroids to clear the way for the ship.

I have wondered this myself. I think the inclusion of asteroids or enemy vessels would help add to immersion.

In one of the tutorial missions, I think the one where you have a choice of leave or sabotage, you can look out the window and see them blasting ships. That's the only place I've seem them, though.

Nope, seen it also in a survival mission in mercury where you start above the cannon. it was firing at a corpus ship until the ship blew apart and bits and pieces scattered everywhere, it was then later replaced by another ship and the animation repeated itself. it was really interesting and the fact it actually is hitting something and not firing blindly.

its the small details that really make me appreciate the game a little more.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Most of these background events should have a target by now. Which one does not? I think the Grineer Galleon canons might still be firing at nothing but other than that I cannot think of any.

Grineer Galleons are still firing rounds into the emptiness of space, yes.

Maybe they're trying to find out if space is round.

Most of these background events should have a target by now. Which one does not? I think the Grineer Galleon canons might still be firing at nothing but other than that I cannot think of any.

Why are the ships always fighting someone when we board them?

Also since we now can take a good look at the Grineer ships from our Lisets, i noticed that there are no giant cannons poking out of the side of the ship despite the fact that we constantly see them when we board them.

I always assumed they were firing at targets that weren't in visual range. I mean, space is huge. No self-respecting spaceship captain would pull up within visual range of an enemy ship when there are literally millions of miles of space that aren't full of dudes shooting at you.

I always assumed they were firing at targets that weren't in visual range. I mean, space is huge. No self-respecting spaceship captain would pull up within visual range of an enemy ship when there are literally millions of miles of space that aren't full of dudes shooting at you.

^This is smart.

Also, maybe they're still firing at our awesomely cloaked liset? Tenno are always 8 steps ahead of the poor Grineer...

Speaking of firing ships, why not have the ship tilesets that have the fire hazard sometimes shudder a bit during the mission run, as though being hit by a shell? As for ground based maps (Corpus Outpost etc.), random shells hitting the ground (at outside) and dealing a bit of damage to the Tenno (because gameplay mechanics), with inside also shuddering from the impact. 

That can place a small answer to where the shells are hitting. 

Also since we now can take a good look at the Grineer ships from our Lisets, i noticed that there are no giant cannons poking out of the side of the ship despite the fact that we constantly see them when we board them.

^this^

grineer galleon ship needs to be tweaked from the outside

Speaking of firing ships, why not have the ship tilesets that have the fire hazard sometimes shudder a bit during the mission run, as though being hit by a shell? As for ground based maps (Corpus Outpost etc.), random shells hitting the ground (at outside) and dealing a bit of damage to the Tenno (because gameplay mechanics), with inside also shuddering from the impact. 

That can place a small answer to where the shells are hitting. 

omg i want ^this^!!!

Those ships have to be absolutely immense, just eyeballing they are a couple of Kilometers long. The guns wouldn't be that noticeable by comparison to the sheer bulk. I'd guess there's one for each glowy orange window.