Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Beta, Full Release

_Raiklar_

DE I have been reading and participating in the Forums for sometime now and there seems to be some Confusion with Us players. As there has Never been anything at this time to suggest that Warframe is in Full release and there are Mad claims that your still in Open Beta. If you could for everyone's sake Please confirm that at this time you are still in Open Beta. To settle this Debate/ Argument. Thanks so much. Ookami Nihonto.

Pretty sure it's still in open beta.

Personally I consider any game that isn't undergoing primary development (major changes to how the game works, reworks of core mechanics that completely change how the game is played, etc) to be released.

Warframe, however, is still very much in primary development (Melee 2.0, Player Ships, new UI), which is why I would consider it to still be Beta.

[size=2]No, I don't consider "expansion" packs like MMO expansions to be primary development; those expansions add new features but don't completely change how the game as a whole works. A good example of a game that was released but went back into primary development and had an alpha/beta phase was Final Fantasy 14; from 1.0 to 2.0 (a realm reborn) it underwent massive changes to how the game as a whole worked.[/size]

The game's in Beta until DE states it isn't, it's very simple, and what everyone who plays Warframe has agreed to. There isn't any discussion or debate on this subject, just people making up garbage to try and prove a point, all counter-intuitiveness aside.

Since the game isn't feature complete, I'd call it an alpha. But since Beta has become a term that has now come to describe unfinished products that have live testing (feature inclusion or not), we'll go with that.

Edited by Hyperius

This was the Point I was trying to make by starting this forum. I know and still believe it to be in Open Beta. I just wanted some of the less informed to Know for sure. That and a little selfishness in me wanted to squash the nay sayers. So thanks.

Personally, this game is enjoyable, bugs and all, because it teaches me patience!

And that severely outnumbered space travelling, farm happy, doge hunting, super jumping, loot detecting space-ninja-pirate-mercenaries can do Anything!

To be serious though, this game, like many others will be beta until all the 'broken mechanics' in the game can be solved. Viva La Rivoluzione, Tenno

Edited by Somedude1000

The game's in Beta until DE states it isn't, it's very simple, and what everyone who plays Warframe has agreed to. There isn't any discussion or debate on this subject, just people making up garbage to try and prove a point, all counter-intuitiveness aside.

This.

I am not sure F2P games like Warframe can be said to have what is commonly talked about as beta.

It is more of a progressive development than a beta. I mean, closed beta was the 'real' beta as there was a game reset if I am not mistaken after it, but now it is unfinished, but still not 'really' what could be called a beta as there won't be any reset or anything anymore.

The point of betas is to test out the product and that usually ends with all accounts being reset so no one will have an unfair advantage or a false experience of the full game once the game is released, the emergence of these F2P games have kinda changed the meaning of open beta tho.

I think what the developers of another F2P game said is accurate for Warframe as well, there's no "beta" vs "release", it slowly moves from beta to release and there's not really any single point at which it changes from one to the other.

That said, calling it a beta does give them some slack, tho they have every reason to call it a beta considering how U14 basically could have just as well been called Warframe 2 due to all the changes.

Also, games in beta change, expansion packs add things.

For example, if the game was released with U14 without kubrows, getting kubrows might have been possible through a "kubrow expansion pack" that allowed you to get a new quest and a new map to get your kubrow from. See? That would have "expanded" your warframe experience, not changed it.

Edited by Qloshae

Just as long as they won't overuse this as an excuse ("It can be broken. It's beta afterall!").

I personally say that if a game has a working shop for real money... well you better get ready to be reviewed as a finished product.

.....I mean, closed beta was the 'real' beta as there was a game reset if I am not mistaken after it, but now it is unfinished....

No there was not a reset after closed beta.  Closed beta was so incredibly limited compared to what we have now.  We didn't even have half the tile sets, and the mod system was completely different. 

Aside from that like previously stated there are still major elements to the game undergoing rebuilds and major changes, that is what makes it beta still.. well that and DE considers it beta so its beta. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

No there was not a reset after closed beta.  Closed beta was so incredibly limited compared to what we have now.  We didn't even have half the tile sets, and the mod system was completely different. 

Aside from that like previously stated there are still major elements to the game undergoing rebuilds and major changes, that is what makes it beta still.. well that and DE considers it beta so its beta. 

There was a reset in update 2 tho; 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/399-update-2-is-here/

Actually, there was also a second reset, at about  update 5-ish

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/613-update-5-is-here/

Notice the 'note; all accounts have been reset due to these massive changes'

So no reset After closed beta, but there were 2 during it

Edited by Somedude1000

Pretty sure it's still in open beta.

Personally I consider any game that isn't undergoing primary development (major changes to how the game works, reworks of core mechanics that completely change how the game is played, etc) to be released.

Warframe, however, is still very much in primary development (Melee 2.0, Player Ships, new UI), which is why I would consider it to still be Beta.

No, I don't consider "expansion" packs like MMO expansions to be primary development; those expansions add new features but don't completely change how the game as a whole works. A good example of a game that was released but went back into primary development and had an alpha/beta phase was Final Fantasy 14; from 1.0 to 2.0 (a realm reborn) it underwent massive changes to how the game as a whole worked.

Have you or anyone here played diablo 3 or its expansion RoS? I guess it's technically in beta still then too....only blizzard doesn't say it is:)

Content updates post release are normal thing in games, they can be called updates, expansions or in case of single player games dlcs.

Another thing is that i dont remember warframe ever being actual beta. There is no actual testing, its pretty much preview version with fully functional cash shop, de is getting paid for unfinished product. I know that they need money to finish their game but that doesnt change the fact that customer is paying for unfinished product.

Another thing is that i dont see DE making any serious steps to finish their game, they already treat it as full release with constant release of content, fixes mostly for newly introduced bugs and ocassional old ones and little balancing. Another thing are ports we already got ps4 and we will get x1 soon, they wont bring game any closer to release state but are nice source of money and here is where they crossed border in my eyes.

Edited by Davoodoo

Content updates post release are normal thing in games, they can be called updates, expansions or in case of single player games dlcs.

Another thing is that i dont remember warframe ever being actual beta. There is no actual testing, its pretty much preview version with fully functional cash shop, de is getting paid for unfinished product. I know that they need money to finish their game but that doesnt change the fact that customer is paying for unfinished product.

Another thing is that i dont see DE making any serious steps to finish their game, they already treat it as full release with constant release of content, fixes mostly for newly introduced bugs and ocassional old ones and little balancing. Another thing are ports we already got ps4 and we will get x1 soon, they wont bring game any closer to release state but are nice source of money and here is where they crossed border in my eyes.

Read these please.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178881-warframe-frequently-asked-questions/

I would ask DE to close this thread. As I only wanted for it to be confirmed that the game was still in beta or not. But it has only increased the emotional argument of the Beta status. I did not want this to happen. I Apologize for those to whom I have affended with this forum. But, Because the game as a whole is still under development and has not had an official release date to the public and we on a volunteer basis are the guinea pigs for this game. as I had to go back and reread the user agreement to make sure, of a few things. YES WARFRAME AS OF THE DATE OF THIS POSTING IS STILL IN BETA.

At some time and like you I hope soon it will be in full release. But until then, I ask No I beg you my Fellow Tenno please be and play respectfully with each other.

*The Tenno bowed before the Lotus. "I Sincerely thank Thee. My Mistress." He rose turned to the gathered Tenno raising his Bo Prime in his left hand shouting above the throng. "All Hail the Lotus. All Hail the Lotus. All Hail the Lotus."*

Ookami Nihonto

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

This topic has already came up multiple times, and always ended with cries, tears and blood. Because of the nasty behaviours that emerges from that kind of subject, I prefer locking it before the poopstorm goes real.

Just remind this : players have no powers about deciding if the game is still a beta or not. Also, being upset about this is just plain nonsense. A beta game is always subject to improvement and further cool additions, so it shouldn't cause that much complaints.