The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did "rush" Become More Important That Decent Survivability?

Kylecrafts

So what, use a fury mod, increase attack speed and better slide attack.

If you prefer using a rush mod which just makes you run a bit faster and nothing else then go right on ahead.

So waste a spot you could use to increase damage and waste time butt sliding around? I'd rather just sprint, like a person, thankyouverymuch. xD

Afterthought: What if I'm using a scythe? Or a polearm? Or staff? I don't think those have good slides at all.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

I don't need vitality nor redirection because once you become good enough at the game, you don't take unnecessary damage and dodge everything. Since once you play against high level things, every shot is a kill, higher health doesn't help you.

if you don't bring some HP+ or Sheild+ your going to get oneshoted in "Endgame content". :/

Uh, not sure what you mean here. True "Endgame" the damage will be so high that no amount of shield or health will save you from a oneshot, so why bother wasting mod slots on those?

Edited by -XeqtR

Those are what you call midgame builds.

In Endgame, the only builds that are allowed to have rush on them are the builds for casters. (even then its a bad idea)

Tanks like Valkyr you have to have a tank build, or atleast Hysteria to pass.

if you don't bring some HP+ or Sheild+ your going to get oneshoted in "Endgame content". :/

The only time Rush is usable is against Corpus and infested. Since Greneer and Corrupted are hitscan.

Heres examples of Good endgame frames: Saryn, Banshee, Nyx, Excal, and Loki

Banshee is great for her Sonar ability (that 10x damage is sooo good) Saryn can debuff every enemy with viral, Nyx can distract them, Excal can stun, and Loki can remove there guns (which is sometimes a bad thing since there melee damage scales higher then gun damage)

When you actually need to debuff enemies and can't just spray and pray, thats when i think this game is at its best. :p

(also RhinoP is not a acceptable Tank for Endgame, that Rhino skin lasts 4 seconds. -.-)

0gi03qyg1.gif

I don't need vitality nor redirection because once you become good enough at the game, you don't take unnecessary damage and dodge everything. Since once you play against high level things, every shot is a kill, higher health doesn't help you.

Ok... *sniffles, dragging my newb warframe away, head hung low*

I have been using rush on almost every single frame since around May 2013 and have never suffered from it with the introduction of all the new game modes since then. It's up to you and your play style. If most the frames didn't run slow as heck or if everything didn't use stamina then maybe it would be different for me.

I mean, I see so many players on low, mid and high levels running like Usain Bolt with Rush mods, but crazy-low survivability. If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds.

I don't think I've seen someone with Redirection and Vitality for months. It seems Vigor or lonesome Redirection is all they think they need to go up against 25-35 enemies. Some however, do use Redirection and Vigor, but this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd.

I don't even think I can recall even one occasion I've seen any player use regen speed mods. And Rush is a staple? I just don't get it.

/rant

If you did wonder how I typically build my Frames:

Redirection

Vitality

All 4 Abilities

Fast Deflection

Flow

Intensify

Continuity/ Fortitude

~Kylecrafts

I think you are wasting precious mod slots on all those defensive mods. I use only Redirection and Vigor on a very few frames and I rarely go down. Vitality is only for Valkyr for me, didn't even rank it up yet and I've beeb playing since last may. Also I rarely use all 4 abilities on a frame.

Because that's a waste of a melee slot. I'd rather use my Dragon Nikana and one shot just about everything.

Depends on how you see it. Coptering gives you a burst of speed and distance that no other mobility option in the game can give you, and can often save you when things go bad.

But you're entitled to your own opinion, of course. I just don't think it's a waste of a slot.

Depends on how you see it. Coptering gives you a burst of speed and distance that no other mobility option in the game can give you, and can often save you when things go bad.

But you're entitled to your own opinion, of course. I just don't think it's a waste of a slot.

Personally I think it is a waste because it basically makes the weapon…well…not even a weapon.

You do not need all those survivability mods unless you want to stand and facetank every single projectile the enemy sends your way. You cannot tank all incoming damage anyway.

It also depends on a frame, loki with 225/225 can run any T4 and never die, for example, nyx can run without redirection/vitality and chaos lock/mind control the area without receiving incoming damage, etc.

Edited by SeaUrchins

For most of my frames I use full caster builds, focusing completely on energy regen / powers. I will usually have enough for a single additional, and it is almost always Redirection or Vitality depending.

Valkyr is the only real tank now, and I build her as such. My Rhino is more of a heavier Excal, in fact he is almost exactly built the same way.

I never use any rush or crap like that... If I need to go faster I copter to catch up.

Mostly I use Vitality&Redirection in combination if at all (Redirection is at least something I personally can't deal without). There's like no viable build for Ember Prime using Rage/Quick Thinking, but I haven't tried that lately so what do I know.

I'd prefer Vitality over Vigor any day, especial ever since so much stuff bypasses the shields directly because the 120% more shield/HP provided by Vigor can't compete with 440% Vitality from a min-maxer's viewpoint. Using Vigor is just being less durable on purpose with little benefit. The little bit more regenerative shield? Well I'll move more around to compensate that but rather enjoy having a greater fail state buffer beneath my shields.

Edited by MeduSalem

Best thing you can do, is let them do it. They will only learn by their own misstakes.

It's ok to give a hands up or a lection on what seems to be the best possible survival build. But they will be ignorant, and become defensive. Thats why you should just lay it off untill they are ready to learn.

I will provide with two mods, that will become a must for the general public, lets riddle it shall we; "If you are angry, what do you do?" - "If you want to cheat death, what do you do?"

Because mobility offers more survivability than being a static target. No matter how many of survivablity mods you slap on, something that does 2 000+ damage will kill you in shot or two ( depending on frame you use ).

Worst thing you can do is stand in on place and try to kill mobs because in the end, you will end dead.

I only use Rush on specific frames, some are too slow to benefit.

But Loki and Rhino Prime ?

Hell yeah, rush train coming through.

And using a rush infused sprint then zoren coptering, you will go a lot further than a guy who just spam zorencopter.

Edited by fatpig84

You should factor in power use. I have Radial blind, Nova has Prime, Loki and Ash have invisibility, Rhino has Stomp AND iron skin, Frost has snow globe, Saryn has her... Second skin thing... Zephyr has tail wind... If you have the melee just to escape from danger, you're not using your melees right. 

I enjoy the thrill of the speed.

Sitting around being an unkillable tank is fine, but, that's up to you.

I tend to give up 3/4 of my power slots through forma just so I can maximize my entertainment.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the game your own way.

Why aren't you bashing people who use power-based builds, map-control tactics or AI manipulation?

If the answer is "because I use it, too", then you should know that's a lot of hypocrisy right there.

(you can rush, too. It works when done right, as with power builds and mc tactics and your 'standard' setups)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Best thing you can do, is let them do it. They will only learn by their own misstakes.

It's ok to give a hands up or a lection on what seems to be the best possible survival build. But they will be ignorant, and become defensive. Thats why you should just lay it off untill they are ready to learn.

I will provide with two mods, that will become a must for the general public, lets riddle it shall we; "If you are angry, what do you do?" - "If you want to cheat death, what do you do?"

If your angry, you Rage. If you want to cheat death, you need to do some Quick Thinking or have a good Reflex Guard.