Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have You Always Been Able To Steer Loading Screen Ship?

Dessfar

Question

22 answers to this question

it's interesting to see a Spacecraft maneuver as if there's atmospheric resistance. in space.

Space magic. That is all.

Let's try not to think about the fact that lisets couldn't possibly maneuver in space due to their poorly placed thrusters, and Grineer and Corpus shuttles can turn with only their rear engines firing. Spaaaaaaaace. 

Space magic. That is all.

Let's try not to think about the fact that lisets couldn't possibly maneuver in space due to their poorly placed thrusters, and Grineer and Corpus shuttles can turn with only their rear engines firing. Spaaaaaaaace. 

Undiscovered laws of physics. Every game or movie in space has them.

Throw logic out of window when dealing with games and movies. :)

Undiscovered laws of physics. Every game or movie in space has them.

Throw logic out of window when dealing with games and movies. :)

Correct. Space magic!

I've never seen a single game that's managed to accurately portray space combat. 

Throw logic out of window when dealing with games and movies.

never. never. nev. er. never. 

also, never.

when games get logic wrong i either laugh with them or at them. depends on if it feels like it was intended(usually as a joke) or just an oversight.

Kerbal Space Program: Alien Invasion Edition

i would love to see other things done with KSP.

because tbh, i'm not really much of a simulator person. i'm not interested in building spacecraft for the sole purpose of spending hours flying to other planets to land and collect research, make bases, and go back.

that's boring as hell. i build spacecraft to fly around, go fast, and make things explode.

so i'd be all for total conversions that did something a little different with the nicely built game.

When I first found out about this and actually tried next mission I went in I felt like I was playing Star Fox for some reason. It's still cool to have as a touch though.

"Do a barrel roll!"

Do-A-Barrel-Roll.jpg

Edited by unknow99

never. never. nev. er. never. 

also, never.

when games get logic wrong i either laugh with them or at them. depends on if it feels like it was intended(usually as a joke) or just an oversight.

Yeaaaah but you know, when a single bullet of your Vasto can cut in half someone...

When special Liset parking are in the enemies ships when you reach the end of your mission...

When kubrows,who look like mutated dogs, hatch from eggs...

ornithorynque6.jpg?

When life support capsules give you oxygen on Earth (and you have no problem in missions other than survivals)...

You're like a friend of mine who tried to use realistic criticism while watching The Expendables...

Or this.

burn-776142.jpg.jpeg

giphy.gif

Edited by unknow99

When I first found out about this and actually tried next mission I went in I felt like I was playing Star Fox for some reason. It's still cool to have as a touch though.

Star Fox was cool. DE should think about adding a minigame. I want to blow up sh*t with my Liset.

I've never seen a single game that's managed to accurately portray space combat. 

Because that would be either boring or completely annoying. I only played a few space games that tried simulating "realistic" Newtonian Physics... and they all sucked majorly when it came down to space combat.

It's like trying to shoot a Grineer running in circles with the Paris while having Infinite Maglev mod equipped and sliding a slope downhill forever because of no friction. I would ragequit out of the game before I even killed a single target.

Can't help about it... But I still feel like Freelancer is one of the best space games I played in the past probably because of its simplistic flight dynamics and point&click style. It feels much more like a fast-paced shooter rather than a boring and virtually prolonged space simulation.

because tbh, i'm not really much of a simulator person. i'm not interested in building spacecraft for the sole purpose of spending hours flying to other planets to land and collect research, make bases, and go back.

that's boring as hell. i build spacecraft to fly around, go fast, and make things explode.

Basically. It's like flying a cargo plane fully loaded with smelly catsh*t to the other side of the world in realtime. I'd try to jump out the plane before I even reach the runway for take-off. ^^

Just give me something to shoot and don't make the controls/movement a friggin Einstein-project to accomplish that. (Something Melee 2.0 failed for me btw. because timed combos just suck.)

Now they need to make it so the players can see each others ship's moving. Currently only you can see your own movements.

They should consider that... ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

Because that would be either boring or completely annoying. I only played a few space games that tried simulating "realistic" Newtonian Physics... and they all sucked majorly when it came down to space combat.

i don't know about accurate to the letter Newtonian (since i haven't ever been in space myself to find out) but...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/215950-if-you-like-space-games-youll-love-ring-runner/

i've had a grand time playing that. for a bargain bin title it has so much depth, personality, and such engaging gameplay.