Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Being Stupid Or Intentional Coding? Stalker/g3/zanuka Attacking Tenno With Bad Gear

NoeleVeerod

I'm starting to take into consideration the hypothesis that the devs intentionally coded the Assassin units (Stalker, Zanuka, Grustrag) so that they have greater chances to appear when we are most vulnerable (as in: newly redeemed gear, Forma'ed equipment...), because it really bugs me out how I never see these guys around as if they were avoiding me, only to see them coming like blood-hungry beasts once I'm equipped with cr*ppy gear. The Grustrag Three have been missing for MONTHS and I only see them TODAY, with a Warframe accidentally without any mods, a newly claimed Quanta and a Forma'd Lato Vandal.

We all feel that RNG seems to be designed to screw our game up (though sometimes it tries to be generous), but that would be total BS if DE purposedfully coded these infamous guys to strike us when we have little chance of react. I'm fine with all the sorts of buffs that they gave to them, so that they're not walking pinatas anymore, but I'm starting to be puzzled seeing as I'm not the only one getting utterly screwed by this, and being attacked when we have the reacting ability of a fresh rookie is not a fair fight.

I'm starting to take into consideration the hypothesis that the devs intentionally coded the Assassin units (Stalker, Zanuka, Grustrag) so that they have greater chances to appear when we are most vulnerable (as in: newly redeemed gear, Forma'ed equipment...), because it really bugs me out how I never see these guys around as if they were avoiding me, only to see them coming like blood-hungry beasts once I'm equipped with cr*ppy gear. The Grustrag Three have been missing for MONTHS and I only see them TODAY, with a Warframe accidentally without any mods, a newly claimed Quanta and a Forma'd Lato Vandal.

We all feel that RNG seems to be designed to screw our game up (though sometimes it tries to be generous), but that would be total BS if DE purposedfully coded these infamous guys to strike us when we have little chance of react. I'm fine with all the sorts of buffs that they gave to them, so that they're not walking pinatas anymore, but I'm starting to be puzzled seeing as I'm not the only one getting utterly screwed by this, and being attacked when we have the reacting ability of a fresh rookie is not a fair fight.

They never come for me anymore, I think the one-shot to the stalker's head was his last straw for me.

I've seen literally hundreds of posts from an equal count of players saying the same thing of "low leveled gear = Hunter."

And that's the main concern that I expressed in this thread. Normally I try to face a problem instead of writing about it the second it manifests itself, or complaining about something because many others have done that already before me; but I can no longer ignore that what happens to hundreds of fellow players happens to me as well. I seriously don't know what to think.

Of course I have had my occurrances when I was well prepared for that event - any well modded weapon will work against them, if you know how to put yourself at an advantage - but if I have cr*p gear I cannot dodge like mad and expect them to die of boredom, it's a losing fight. I welcome challenge, not stupid situations.

I speak for myself, others will agree/disagree at will :)

Before the most recent one, I've had a 30 Frame and my infamous Boar Prime/Despair during 5 or so encounters.  The recent one though, he managed to nab my new Mirage while I was leveling Phage.  Bastard spawned in before the 5 min mark so I couldn't focus on him or life support.

In other words, OP, Stalker seems to come for my giblets at random intervals regardless of Gear.

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

Tenno operative? What's with that rank? Never seen it before o.0

You know, it's time I come out of the closet - I'm the guy collecting credit caches while you guys fend off hordes of Napalms and Scorpions <3

Seriously though, check the Tenno Translators thread to know more :) it basically stands as "I am a volunteer".

Edited by Vintovka

That it , those guys have a hight chance to join you when you have bad gear , but when you are max"ed on everything you can dream to see them , it's been long time i didn't saw most of them , i remember last time g3 came for me was when i was leveling loki prime , Zanuka it's been like uh 3 or 6 month , stalker attack me recently but yea mirage...

it's pretty much intentional i guess , and alsoi remember a while ago when Stalker was joigning my session like 95% of time at some point that i started to avoid him since he was not a big deal

I think it's RNG. Surely, I also see them often when I'm equipped with some sh*t, but yesterday I killed Stalker with my boltor prime with no problem, so... there can be a chance that the rates are higher when you are weaker, but it's not a rule :)

BaVCbkv.jpg

He simply doesn't appear.

Even when I am using freshly forma 10 star gear (aka unranked primary and secondary with 4 to 5 forma each) from top to bottom. 

What a wussy. 
Maybe he is having a hissy feat getting killed by the the newbiest of all frames, Exaclibur 3 times in the roll.

Edited by fatpig84

Yup I noticed that too, None of the "Hunters" ever come for me when i'm using my best gear but when i'm leveling up an unranked weapon they all suddenly decide to pay me a visit.

One time I was farming for kubrow mods on earth using my nekros armed with an unranked amprex suddenly stalker appeared! so long story short me killed me in less than 30secs. I was carrying my wraith vipers then but he friggin stunlocked me before i could even  pull the trigger.

I always carry a maxed formad weapon but his bloody stunlock really gets to me because he can stutter me with his hate but i cant stutter him with my melee weapon.... or can you?

Perhaps it seems to work only when you have crappy gear, but ask yourself. "How long do i usually use good gear when compared to crappy gear?" For me i spend much more time ranking things up than using my good gear while playing. So its understandable for me to have them spawn while i level up.

I still fail to see why this is an issue. If we were capable of "calculating" rationally when they appear, they would be farmed for the drops, it's that simple. Also, If I wanted to kill you, I'd wait until you are in the shower, and not come look for you during your SWAT deployment against a takedown of a drug cartel. Just saying.

I personally would have designed them to be more likely to look for you on "weaker" gear, but since I have had the G3 recently on my full blown solo build, they obviously don't just do that.

Usually stalker appears at voids for me,

g3 appeared at earth while hunting kubrows and on some alert

harvester, ive seen this guy once

Though im never in underleveled gear, even when im levelling something i keep at least 1 decently modded ranged weapon on me, in case something happens.

Hooray for Stalker visiting two times in two days, just happened again, low level gear as usual. In all honesty I left the mission because I can't be ar$ed of losing more revives, so I will start having a max rank weapon at hand in case more show up. A little more foresight on my end will hopefully help me not getting roflstomped again.

It just sucks not to be able to level stuff up all at once, but I don't want to be "that guy" anymore either. Also, I want the Hate and getting killed isn't gonna give me one. :( I should have been more careful and brought at least one good weapon beforehand, so I admit that was a mistake of mine not to do so.

I still fail to see why this is an issue. If we were capable of "calculating" rationally when they appear, they would be farmed for the drops, it's that simple. Also, If I wanted to kill you, I'd wait until you are in the shower, and not come look for you during your SWAT deployment against a takedown of a drug cartel. Just saying.

I personally would have designed them to be more likely to look for you on "weaker" gear, but since I have had the G3 recently on my full blown solo build, they obviously don't just do that.

I still find it stupid, how am I supposed to beat something I'm not prepared for? Okay, of course one would want to kill a target when said target is not prepared for a counter attack, but that doesn't make it less annoying. You don't expect the target to just go "ahh sh*t you got me, here, get a free kill". And, it's more like me being puzzled by this occurrance rather than a complaint for an "issue".

Also, I perfectly know they don't come just when you have low level gear - maybe I stated that back in some of my posts here - but it's getting annoying. I, for one, wouldn't agree with your suggestion to make the check your gear before deciding whether to show up or not - they are supposed to be difficult, but leave the player a chance to react, otherwise why even bothering?

Edited by Vintovka

The Stalker is especially a coward when it comes to this.

I can't remember when he last joined that I had a fair chance. I always tend to have at least one highly ranked weapon with me, but he never feels like showing up then. He only joins when both mainhand and sidearm are low ranked.

Basically I'm being oneshotted no matter which Warframe/Mods I've equipped the second he gets up from his crouch position. Running or fighting back just delays the inevitable. So when the screen starts flashing I basically wait there for him to kill me and revive and move on with regular duty. Can't do anything besides that anyways. Complaining doesn't help and I've become "meh" about him since I've got all his gear back when he's been a fair bro rather than the butthurt coward he is now.

In a squad it's basically the same. He only shows up when there are only low ranked people. i stopped helping people fighting the Stalker because the last few times when I did he killed his target anyways and then aggro'd on to me and oneshotted me as well. So it's not worth it.

It's like that ever since March or February. Back then he was a wimp that often died before he could get up. But ever since he got buffed I'm not even trying to mess with him anymore.

The G3 and Zanuka are fine though. Don't have any problems with them. Especially Zanuka is really weak. Zanuka can be killed by melee'ing it to death, something I wouldn't try with the other guys.

Edited by MeduSalem

The Stalker's strenght is not an issue for me, he is still one truly strong son of a- and I recognise many players are genuinely p!ssed by this... but with proper gear at least you can do more than just dodge and hope he dies out of boredom! :P

Then again, if this kind of events are meant to just make us waste revives, it should be made clear at least, so I can prepare myself to die in the most spectacular way possible.

Also, I would really love to see some pros (not the self-entitled ones) showing themselves in a video killing the Stalker/G3/Zanuka. There would be a lot to learn from that, and I am genuinely curious about that.

Edited by Vintovka

Oh... I think of Stalker as a way to make me waste my Revives and nothing else... because most other stuff can't kill me anyways... or only if I'm gimping around and experimenting with some stuff.

I can't fight the Stalker because there's no fight. It's like him dropping in and me pressing revive the second he gets up. So I don't know if he's pretty durable or not because I don't get to shoot him. I'm dead the second he becomes vulnerable because he shoots his charged Dread at my face and never misses or rushes at me with his Slash Dash. My Ember Prime is no match for both attacks. :D

It's funny how I can facetank lvl 50 ancients/napalms and survive somehow but a level 25 Stalker during invasion missions on Mars or wherever oneshots me. I'd really like to know how lower ranked people are supposed to kill him. xD

For the G3 and Zanuka you don't have to be a pro. Because they don't have any weapons or skills that oneshot you. And even if they are too difficult you can still outrun them (while the Stalker keeps on teleporting). That said I'd not recommend letting yourself get hit by Leekter's Manticore. It hurts. Plenty. xD

Edited by MeduSalem