Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Copter 3.0

PookieNumnums

Ok. Quick Recap:

Copter 1.0 : the copter's significant flight boost wasnt intended

Copter 2.0 : melee 2.0 was introduced, copter made official, channeling could now boost most weapons to copter speed with quickening

Copter 2.0.1 : they then allowed us to aim our wall attacks, and then added channeling affecting distance

and now

Copter 3.0 : We will be getting a directional air attack that does about the same thing as coptering, looks different, and has a seemingly more landable attack. We will still have ground slam, and they will all tie in together from what the prototype suggested.

I love every bit of it, Now half of the copter haters cant say 'because it looks stupid' and there will be no reason for anyone to be lagging behind.

In case you missed it

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

latest prime time was the best ever. faction battle. wall run challenge (grats! hydroid!) and directional air attacks.

Edited by T4LCOMX

I haven't played recently aside from the last couple weeks, when did DE's stance on coptering switch? If I recall correctly, they were still mentioning removing the effect even post Melee 2.0 in streams/posts.

Edited by Elvang

Honestly, I'm cool with this change so long as they don't flake out on us about it. If we get an equally useful version of the aerial/glide attack then I'd be fine with them giving coptering itself some touch up nerfs.

I would like the speed boost coptering gives to be removed, would fix copter rushing, kinda.

Coptering does little to boost your speed. It is just a burst of momentum. The reason it's faster then doing anything on the ground is simply because player momentum doesn't tend to just go away when you are midair. To remove that you'd have to also significantly nerf the amount of control a player has midair, since you'd have to make momentum wear out quickly midair. Precision jumping and anything approaching platforming would stop working. These things are all interconnected.

I would like the speed boost coptering gives to be removed, would fix copter rushing, kinda.

I wouldn't, its fine, and Dual Ichor is not the only thing that allows that. Amphis is faster than both Ichor  and Zorens, yet you never hear any complaining about it. And there are other rush weapons on top of that like Scoliac or Atterax.

I kinda skimmed through the devstream, but did they mention at all how the air-swing would be activated (and, more specifically, if the Ground Attack activation would be any different)?

I hope the distinction between activating one or the other isn't determined by camera direction. Attacking airborne enemies that happen to be below you would be a nightmare, and trying to ground-smash enemies on the same level as you would become really tedious. Hopefully it's just "no WASD keys pressed = ground smash" or something like that.

What I'm really curious about is how this is going to play with the upcoming Excalibur rework. Is this going to replace Super Jump's role, or are we going to still be able to use SJ in combination with this?

I kinda skimmed through the devstream, but did they mention at all how the air-swing would be activated (and, more specifically, if the Ground Attack activation would be any different)?

I hope the distinction between activating one or the other isn't determined by camera direction. Attacking airborne enemies that happen to be below you would be a nightmare, and trying to ground-smash enemies on the same level as you would become really tedious. Hopefully it's just "no WASD keys pressed = ground smash" or something like that.

What I'm really curious about is how this is going to play with the upcoming Excalibur rework. Is this going to replace Super Jump's role, or are we going to still be able to use SJ in combination with this?

From what little I saw of the aerial attacks in the Prime Time, it looked as if there's only one aerial attack, and using it again would cause a ground slam.

From what little I saw of the aerial attacks in the Prime Time, it looked as if there's only one aerial attack, and using it again would cause a ground slam.

Ugh. I hope this isn't the case.

Going from slide-jumps straight into ground slams on faraway enemies in a split second is so damn satisfying. I'd rather not have that taken away. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

It looked like there was a way to trigger ground slams before the air attack. I would assume it's tap for air attack, hold for ground slam.

I love every bit of it, Now half of the copter haters cant say 'because it looks stupid' and there will be no reason for anyone to be lagging behind.

On the contrary, like certain other games with varying movement, unless you've equipped your melee and are channeling, you will most definitely be left behind. Coptering also still looks stupid.

i don't like coptering, the aerial attack would be perfect only if they get rid of coptering, and making aerial attack to consume more stamina

I agree with this, coptering has been a hot debated topic and now they release a even more insane way of "flying" through anything. What is the point of ziplines, wallruns, gaps, tail wind, ripline, superjump, etc etc when every melee can make you fly 25 meters and even 40 meters plus when combining it with coptering like Rebecca did in prime time?

Copetring has always been silly and now they make it even more stupid and if you were complaining about rushers before just wait to the new and improved "I care about no one, look at me fly" mode is released.

Well, if they're thinking about coptering more, hopefully they're balancing it now so that things like frame speed, sprint/stamina mods, parkour, etc. aren't rendered pointless by an easy-to-execute maneuver.

Also, swinging around your weapons to get around will still look stupid because that's a ridiculous way to propel yourself unless your "weapon" is a hang-glider.  It's like the old joke about just flying in from X-location... and "boy are my arms tired".  It would be horribly inefficient, and if you're going to flail about - there should be a huge stamina hit.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

On the contrary, like certain other games with varying movement, unless you've equipped your melee and are channeling, you will most definitely be left behind. Coptering also still looks stupid.

Well, if they're thinking about coptering more, hopefully they're balancing it now so that things like frame speed, sprint/stamina mods, parkour, etc. aren't rendered pointless by an easy-to-execute maneuver.

Also, swinging around your weapons to get around will still look stupid because that's a ridiculous way to propel yourself unless your "weapon" is a hang-glider.  It's like the old joke about just flying in from X-location... and "boy are my arms tired".  It would be horribly inefficient, and if you're going to flail about - there should be a huge stamina hit.

That's really just your opinion guys. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Who cares if it ''look stupid''? Is that really a argument? Stamina mods and parkour(also by the fact that you can't create walls out of nowhere) are not used because they are bad, not because of coptering.

Indeed, I hate coptering purely because it made the game look amateurish and was most likely an eyesore for the poor animators who work really hard to try to get the game to look fluid.

I do wonder if the new aerial attack momentum change will be related to weapon speed, because if it isn't (and I hope it isn't) that would be great. Meaning that those wanting to copter could still do so using weapon speed and those wishing to simply use the aerial rush attack could do so without needing to pick a high attack speed weapon, opening up the types of weapons past the usual "does it copter" question.

Edited by SilentMobius

Ohh YESS this looks good, just saw the prime time, can't wait to try it out, imagine the combos now !! copter was already awesome now its gonna be amazing linking everything together.

I'm so happy DE knows that this game is all about fast movement and fluidity !!

All you copter haters should suck it up now, this is what the game is all about, its never going away.

I'm guessing all the the ps4 dudes don't like coptering because they can't do it, PC master race, controllers are for kids =D

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Ohh YESS this looks good, just saw the prime time, can't wait to try it out, imagine the combos now !! copter was already awesome now its gonna be amazing linking everything together.

I'm so happy DE knows that this game is all about fast movement and fluidity !!

All you copter haters should suck it up now, this is what the game is all about, its never going away.

I'm guessing all the the ps4 dudes don't like coptering because they can't do it, PC master race, controllers are for kids =D

I'm on PC and I use my ps4 controller, do you even have any idea how EASY it is to copter with controller...Get your PC head out of uranus.

Sorry for the double post dunno how to edit the top one with quote x_x