October 10Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 10th Community Hot Topics  

1,814 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With regards to tutorials, I would like to say that I do not think the Codex and Scanner need another tutorial so much as more functionality.  

For example, adding bonuses for damage to fully scanned enemies, or increasing the chance of rare drops, could help motivate players to pay more attention to what is, as far as I am aware, a largely decorative mechanic.

Space Whales are no joke. Ok, maybe a little joke. Or, maybe a big joke. 

Thank goodnes!

For a moment there, I wasn't sure if I had to read between the lines, and take that you meant "moar petz! lol", or if you actually had something ridiculous on the sleeve...

Well, I guess you do, but what are the chances that you'll put DE_Steve in the game?

Edited by BenzinNinJa

Boss feedback:
Boss phases are okay
Boss weak points are cool

Terrible AI is not. I don't want to spend 5 minutes running around a boss in circles waiting for him to open up a weak point so that I can hit them once and then repeat the process.
Key examples: Ruk, Lephantis, and Vey Hek.

You know what I loved?
The Hyena Tactical Alert. Hyenas as a boss are . . . A little unfair. The ice one jumps on your head, affecting you by the ice aura, then hits you with an ice bomb, so you're effectively moving at 10% speed with no escape. The electric one jumps on your head and not only makes it so you can't see anything, it also completely removes your use of abilities, unless you have a frame that can avoid radial status. The gun one is kinda so so, it's spin-gun-death thing is a little bit cheap as it kinda just sprays you with instadeath, but it's alright.

The fire one is perfect though. The hyenas have fantastic AI, so it doesn't need to be invincible, it can dodge your bullets. it doesn't need to one-hit you, it can kill you over time. It's not RNG deciding to use it's superweapon and you're dead now, or stunlocked so you can be killed without you  being able to do anything about it. I'm not saying that it should be a "Fair Fight" in the terms of "You should be basically fighting another version of yourself" but a fair fight where the winner is based on your skill level, and not the boss going "Boop you're dead now because I teleported behind you and tore you in half while you were stunlocked by a room wide radial attack"

I want my boss fights to be won by me, not by RNG deciding not to instakill me, I dont want to sit around doing nothing for 20 minutes waiting for it to open up it's weak points (Ruk, lephantis), and I don't want to sit behind cover unloading 400 rounds into an enemy (Lephantis, Raptor)

TL;DR
I want to spend 95% of my boss fight testing my skill, no more than 5% waiting, and never praying to RNGesus so I don't get cheapshotted.

Edited by Coatduck

Tutorials:

I want more Tutorials in game.
For every aspect if possible.
Also make them replay-able and skip-able.
With added voiceovers and lore as well if at all possible.

Bosses:
My favorite bosses on this list are Phorid, Lephantis, Vay Hek, The Hyena Pack and Jackal.

The ones not on the list that i really really REALLY love are Sprag and Ven'kra Tel.
I want to see more of them, maybe pair them up with Kela De Thaym.
Oh and please more voice overs, Sprag is adorable. :D

Sigils:
Sigils are okay i guess.
But i do love the whole sidequest tie in to the sigils.
Looking forward to doing the secret missions to get this and that. 

Excalibur Changes:
Excalibur is Warframe's posterboy, why on earth is he unpopular then? His kit needed an upgrade.

I dunno about the whole invisible stunning jump thing, was it supposed to replace Radial Blind's CC aspect?
Changes were needed to Super Jump and the CC it's getting is awesome and all, but it doesn't fit in with Excalibur. 
Wouldn't it fit better to his theme if he made an upper swing of his melee, ala-slash-dash upwards whilst performing Super Jump instead of an invisibility mechanic? You guys can make it so enemies would be lifted upwards and ragdolled. Like a Shoryuu~ken. mebe... ._. 

His Slash Dash needs a 2nd look too, don't overlook it!
Make him pass through enemies while using Slash Dash!
Have it force Slash proc and count towards his melee counter when he does it in Sword Alone Mode. :D

Tiberon:
The Tiberon is a good solid upgrade! I love how it builds off from the Latron!
I'm hoping to see more of this build pattern in the future for other weapons.

Pets:
Pets are time sinks, more pets would mean more people staying to play in Warframe. So i agree with the whole more wildlife in game. 
Also, why do Sentinels not have any idle animations? They only have like, 1 each and the just repeat it over and over. Also, i'd like sentinels to make more distinct sounds. Sort of like an R2-D2 thing. It doesn't have to be complicated or have any special meaning. 

Edit: Typo. 

Edited by LiquidSorrow

What other parts of Warframe could use some tutorials? 

VETO for Dark Sectors, since they are suuch a sorry mess. We need to have a total overhaul on Dark Sectors 2.0 before effort is put on tutorials. 

Invasion, Alert and Nightmare Missions: OK, flesh out Lotus messages a bit. Make some Ordis chat too, but don't make it insufferably comic-reliefy all the time. Quirky OK, just not ALL the friggin time. 

Void Mission and Void Keys. Make a QUEST to unlock a special NODE where the Lotus will send us on specific missions for tower keys. It would have 5 difficulty levels for each tower level plus derelict missions, and a special side quest for Vay Hek keys. Player would play a number of missions and be rewarded with the key of the specific type. 

Think a 'planet node' like the Void, but showing all key types. Upon clicking on one of these, an interface like the Invasion progress is shown to the player. THe player has to complete 2-5 missions to be rewarded the key. 

OTHER: Have more lotus chit-chat tutorials during the missions. a game setting can turn 'tutorial-speak' on or off. When it is on, Lotus will go more in the minutiae of the mission, telling the player where and when to do stuff. 

Favorite Boss? 

VOR. VOR. VOR. VOR FTW!

I am still expecting Vor to be actually an indoctrinaed, brainwashed Excalibur. Now that he is living in the Void, i fully expect him to eventually recover his Tenno powers and his memory of the Old War, and break free of the Grineer indoctrination, and overcome the Corruption. I dream that eventually we will see another Tenno leadership rise as EXCALIBUR VOR to fight alongside - or against - the Lotus. And even build a 'Excalibur Vor' warframe. 

Sargas Ruk is also nice, and Lephantis. But we need moar bosses!

Looking forward to the Sigil system.

I want to see Excalibur changed more so that it can fight better still.

After the initial flashbang, Excalibur should keep shining, ticking over time blinding one enemy per tick in range. That would help offensively and defensively, to charge in other rooms, or revive allies. 

Super Jump should have hold-for-directional-jump on top of the changes proposed. Super jump should be triggerable while wall-running to traverse the map really quickly. 

I want to see robotic pets. 

MOA

RAPTOR

ROLLER

Even a Zanuka... 

BUT NO TAMAGOCHI PETTING-OR-YOUR-CRITTER-DIES.

NO papito foods for your dog/bird/robot. No petting for loyalty bull.

And THE HUNHOW! Why didn't the fan concept Hunhow did not make into the list? That concept art is awesome. 

Tutorials. my gods do we need tutorials. I propose making newbies(and noobs) take a tutorial for each mission type. I'm just so so very tired of trying to level gear in a lower level mission, usually survival, only to have no-rank players and/or noobs popping LS way way too damn early and we have to leave 10 minutes or less on mercury because of it, it's a waste of time.

I also think the tutorials would somewhat help discourage and/or prevent door/hallway heroes from making defenses boring and survival rambo's( those dudes that die every 2-3 minutes then complain that they didn't get revived half the map away) from being such an irritating plague upon the pubs.

On bosses: I voted for Hyena pack, Jackal, Alad V, and other

Hyena Pack gets the nod because the hyena's are more mobile than the average enemy and that makes engaging them different. I still feel like part of me is ripped out whenever I get magnetic procced but that is a knock against the proc not the boss battle.

Jackal and Alav V get honorable mentions because both have phases where they react to the players actions. Krill, Sargas & Lephantis have bits of this too but between the unalterable invulnerability and the vibe of ripping the opposition health point by health point, kills what points they would otherwise get here

Other I was refering to the stalker units and eximus as they can show up whenever RNG decides to spice up your day, I just wish that whenever the stalker shows up that if he wins you continue with 1/10 of you max health and shields. otherwise more minibosses to spice things up.

showing a sequel of a experienced tenno that recently died in combat and tell about his build and how to get there would be a shot to make interest to new players. telling about how to advance in physical and tactical way. 

I would love a warframe rat, warframe hamster, warframe mice as a pet to play with and watch :)

I also would love the warframe eagle!! WHY ISNT IT AT THE VOTING? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? DE did you forget :P i didnt.

But yes defeantly add Warframe eagle to my vote.03_-_Upcoming_bird-type_enemy_for_the_ju

Edited by rouch3200

I voted for the Hyena pack and Lephantis as my favorite bosses because I enjoy the fast paced mobile action of the Hyena pack and I like the slower paced fight and the massive and intimidating presence of Lephantis.

As for the pets all I can say is forget archwings and drop everything else we need Tennosaurus Rex for update 15.

Now for the serious answer I voted for all of the pets except for zanuka because that thing is an abomination that needs to be destroyed not something to keep around as a pet but a jackal or hyena pet would be nice and should satisfy most of the people who want a zanuka and although I realize that most of the pet options are a joke I am dead serious about being able to use corpus proxys as pets because that would be awesome and completely lore friendly.

Damn right, man. Tennosaurus' rule!

I really like the sigils idea, and I think it could also be really cool if we can upload our own designs as well. We can already upload a custom image for our clan and alliance; Why not use the same system for siglis as well?

As sigils are not clan/alliance specific (although for some of them, they could be I suppose) It could also be interesting to make a trade-able blueprint for the custom uploaded sigils too (though I can see how it could be abused in trade chat, so maybe make it like the kubrow gene schematic, where you can only make 2 or so copies?).

Food for thought DE, keep the good stuff coming!

Edit: (Also for pets....

I also would love the warframe eagle!! WHY ISNT IT AT THE VOTING? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? DE did you forget :P i didnt.

But yes defeantly add Warframe eagle to my vote.03_-_Upcoming_bird-type_enemy_for_the_ju

This!
Edited by Savaris117

While I'm looking forward to sigils they feel like they will end up the same way as Vaults and Nightmare mode. They will come out briefly as a gimmick, but will only have a handful of sigils to earn, and will very quickly be used up as 'challenging' content.

A monkeylike pet that has chance to steal resources, gears, void keys, and weapon bp or parts from enemies. Can also help with target and aim practice. Can disable traps and hack consoles. Can open treasure rooms in void. Can be sent on completed planets tto harvest rare resources at a reasonable chance of success, failure, and potentially death.

I would like to see a slight dojo change. instead of it being dead I think tenno allied npcs walking around would give it some life. this would also eliminate the question as to who just magicly built this room.... don't think it was tenno with yellow hats that did it.

Edited by inks84

Can't believe fixing the movement system and animations isn't a hot topic. It's the most essential (and the most obsolete) part of the game, it's core along the gunplay and melee (that should see some revision too). When you're running any mission, when you try to reach some hidden place, or dodging enemy attacks, it's the majority of play time, and I think the current status cannot pass any longer. So in my opinion, all this pets, bossfights, and aesthetic sigils through achievement mean nothing if the core gameplay is incomplete and awful.