October 10Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

October 10th Community Hot Topics  

1,814 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tutorials: I know there's presently a thread requesting a tutorial for the new Excavation missions, which is understandable since unlike previous missions Excavation is a little less straightforward and requires a bit of direction/strategy for a team to tackle successfully. Perhaps if you intend to continue creating missions with a similar level of depth, "tutorials" could be incorporated as story missions that introduce new players to the gameplay while given us some much needed lore.

Bosses: I suppose my only gripe with bosses are the ones who have specific weakpoints, such as Lech Kril and Sargus Ruk. Now don't get me wrong, normally this mechanic works, but in Warframe only being able to hurt a boss by attacking one teeny-tiny weakspot tends to undermine a lot of Warframe abilities (ie. Banshee's Sonar) and melee with it's fixed, untargettable attack animations. Not to mention if the boss starts glitching for whatever reason you pretty much have to abort the mission 95% of the time.

It may not be the best approach for boss fights and could use some means of making it ability/melee friendly. Fortunately, bosses like Alad V. and the Hyenas don't fall into this scenario, so they may be a good example of how bosses should be designed.

Sigils: I still gotta watch that devstream :/ Looks interesting though, I just don't know enough about it to offer any worthwhile feedback.

Excalibur Changes: They sound fair, although I was a bit hyped for some more substantial changes. For example, someone once made a suggestion that instead of just being a jump, Super Jump could be replaced with some kind of "overcharge" mode where Excalibur can temporarily jump higher, move faster, and has increased stamina for melee. Now that would be an interesting change for a melee-frame. At the very least, it would be nice if Super Jump could be used in mid-air, or while performing wall-runs or a boost in movement speed.

Also, no Slash Dash being effected by your melee weapon?

Tiberon: I honestly haven't used the Tiberon yet, but I've heard nice things about it. While using a lower-ranking weapon isn't something new to the game, I feel as though it could be a potential way or incorporating some sort of psuedo-upgrading/tier system to weapons, something that has been in need of establishing for a while now.

But why the Forma requirement though? The Boltos didn't need a Forma to build, it seems inconsistent.

Pets: A pet Osprey/Raptor would be pretty rad. Or a Martian Oasis Jellyfish. Perhaps sentinels could receive a bit more attention in the future as well?

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Regarding pets: i´d like to see something like an raven or an eagle, that flys around you and sits on your shoulder and stuff! (aww that would be so coolz^^)

Regarding Excalibur:

I mean this in the most polite sense possible, but i can not believe anyone would look forward to these changes. That Slash Dash is not gonna be touched is simply a crime, including the Meele Hit Counter and a forced bleed proc into the Ability, simmilar to Bladestorm, is just plain obvious.

The Super Jump changes are complete and utter pointless, since you have shown a vastly superior method of navigating "in air", in the same freaking Livestream#. The "directional air meele attacks", looked fast, responsive and fun, but it was instantly obvious that it does everything Super Jump does and more.... Did really nobody notice that??!!

Especially now, with air melee attacks, it´s more obvious then ever, that Super Jump simply needs to go!

Radial Javelin is a step in the right directionbut the most painfull drawbacks of the Ability still remain. The casting animation is sitll incredibly long, if you insist on keeping it, why not make you invulnerable during?! The damage is evenly split amongst all types, resulting in the most notable damage fall off of all Ults in the Game, which is especially bad since it has on e of the lowest flat damage amounts to begin with! 

Another problem is the painfull simmilarity to a lot of other Warframe Abilitys. Excalibur simply does not feel unique at all, i get the idea of having a "Jack of all Trades" Warrfame class, but Excalibur does not fill that niche he simply does a lot that other Frames already do, only worse... much worse!

Since you are currently changing him, it would seem like the prefect opportunity to change him in a way that´s creative and exciting, maybe even take out Super Jump and Radial Javelin completely and replace it something new and better!

As it is, i continue to be very depressed and frustrated about these changes....

It seems they have been put together in haste to be done with it and not like someone wanted Excalibur to be cool again! It is by far my favourite Frame and kind of the Trade Mark Warframe on all the posters.... but high level content demands of me to not take him, even though i want to, what a sad thing to realize....

r0ckwolf

Y'all realize that by voting for a pet Zanuka you're voting to tear apart your teammates and build a robot out of their "parts"...right?

And? Most of my teammates would be of better use that way.

As I've said elsewhere, my Zanuka would be totally guilt-free since it'd be made exclusively from free-range hallway heroes and AFKer's. :-P

Edited by Taranis49

Tutorial :

first and foremost - survival missions (about when to activate / when not to activate life support)

Pets :

keep em comming

Excalibur :

- Slash Dash - needs a bit of work too - forced bleed ? and incorportaion of melee weapon to it maybe

- Radial Blind - if it will work better than it was in the leaked experiment then we will see, maybe it will be viable. Altough You know that a stun grenade works even if You don't see the light ? maybe change the skill to be less effective with distance - divide it to 3 sectors : furthest - enemies only affected if in direct Line of Sight - very short lasting time; middle - also LoS detection - with longer lasting time; nearest vicinity - works without LoS - behind covers, walls, doors etc - longest lasting time. Why no LoS in direct vicinity ? For more survivability. Makes no sens for it to work behind cover as well ? And the new Radial Javelin spawning near enemy location - behind all coves - makes sens ?

- Super Jump - needs a total change to something else entirely - it's useless as it is, even with invis while ascending and small radial stun

I know that handful of Tenno like to be a grasshopper, but for crying out loud ... just incorporate super jumping into normal warframe move set - holding down space makes a frame jump higher and some of energy will be used for it

- Radial Javelin - this I like, will be more viable skill now if the stun will work properly, and IF javelins will actualy hit their targets - make them in such way they will allways hit everything that is in range of the skill

btw.

Can we Excal fans have a quest ? Let's say : while playing as Excalibro slay in melee mode 1000 enemies [or even 10 000 - will be much harder] with Skana (regular - single) - this will unlock another part of quest in which You could obtain an ancient orokin blueprint allowing You to reforge Skana into Caliburn (King Arthur's sword) - one and a half hand, fast broadsword with greater range than Skana

Edited by tocorro

Sigils look cool and will another layer of warframe customatizaion to the game. Not sure about wear X sigil so you can get Y sigil, mentioned on livestream.

Also Excaliburs new jump abilites just doasn't sound good on him. Jump in air and turn invisible. That is something Ash, Loki, Mirage... would use. Excalibur is more of fitter less brute Rhinos brothers. Can't we have something like Zepyhr ability. Press #3 to jump and if you press it while in air, it will execute ground slam attack. Excalibur turning invisible just doasn't feel right.

Also:

- Super Jump -

I know that handful of Tenno like to be a grasshopper, but for crying out loud ... just incorporate super jumping into normal warframe move set - holding down space makes a frame jump higher and some of energy will be used for it

Edited by Garth_Tremor

What other parts of Warframe could use new tutorials?

Invasions, Alerts and Nightmare missions, definitely. New players need to know how do they work, how many Invasions you need to complete, changing node faction, payment, possible debuffs in Nightmare, all that stuff.

Void and Derelict. You need to explain what are keys, where to get them, how to use them, how do reward system works. In Derelict you should also explain the Vaults and Dragon Keys.

Other - everything should use a tutorial. No, I mean it. Every. Single. Thing. Market tutorial, so people wont come to forums to whine "So much thing is for Platinum! there are almost no weapons for free player! And no frames!" not knowing, that the Blueprints are there.
The process of crafting stuff, farming and crafting frames, drop system, clan tech weapons, clans, dojos, Kubrows, consumables, spectres, switching shoulders, using zipline, using loadouts... Everything.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who are your favorite bosses?

Alad V, I just like that guy. And the fight is interesting, it is not dull, you need to use some tactics, keep being in motion... Yeah, definitely a fun boss to battle.

Hyena Pack is really challenging and random (I can't believe I said that, Hyena Pack is probably the only thing in this game that benefits from RNG), meaning you can't gear up for every combination. And they are fun to kioll, since they use parkour and often you can lose them and find them behind your back. That's the level of challenge we need, not infinite armour and health scaling.

Jackal. The multi-phase battle was done great here. Shoot the legs - shoot everything else - repeat. I really like fighting him. It poses a threat for lowbies, and is fairly fun to kill even for vets like myself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you excited for Sigils?

HECK YEAH! Finally something to do after you have everything. The challenges, that require you to finish the previous ones and equip certain sigils, yes, that's what we need. I only hope, that there'll be tons of them, not like with the quest where we got what, three of them?

What is your initial reaction to the proposed Excalibur changes?

Radial Blind nerf was definitely needed. Well, it was not a nerf, it was a fix, since it should not bypass walls and stuff. But his other abilities need actual buffs. Super Jump may be remotely useful and maybe even worth slotting in, that's cool. There was no rework of Slash Dash, which is IMHO the worst ability in Warframe (since SJ is getting a buff). At least give it a bleed proc and make it scale from meele! Come on!
Radial Javelin "buff" is a joke. The issue with this ability was not that it was unable to hit all enemies, the issue was that it was unable to even scratch those hit. At least give it some utility, like pushing enemies 2/3/4/5 metres away or something...

How would you rate the Tiberon, overall?

Not bad. Probably the only thing that makes Latrine (yes, I call Latron Latrine. I don't like this weapon at all.) useful. Not an end-game weapon, but a buff to Latrine.
Honestly, we need more of weapons requiring other weapons to be built. Something that requires MK-1s maybe? Or the basic versions of starter weapons? Dunno, MK-2 Braton, MK-2 Kunai, MK-2 Furax or something like that?

The weapon is ok, the idea behind it is great.

What other pets would you like to get in Warframe?

Orokittens, hacked and modified MOA platforms and reverse-engineered Tenno Zanuka. Yes, we need those.

Kubrow armour should be a top priority, though.

Pets:

Did you say... Tennosaurus Rex?

382f90313fde253278147683a666aa27c79a4cda

Personally, I'd like to get some kind of arachnid or an insect 'pet'. An orokin tarantula/scorpion/mantis/hornet... Well, something like that.

Sigils:

They look nice in my opinion and I like the idea that they are earned, not bought. However, I think the release of it could be after a real endgame system. And that way Sigils could be a reward of it with something else.

Bosses:

More or less I think all of them are good in cetain ways (excluding Phorid, because it is a really boring boss in both looks and mechanics). It's hard to pick a favourite, but Alad V is one of the best. He and Zanuka need a bit of tactical approach to be taken down, but they do not have annoying indestructible stages. Second... Maybe Lephantis, because I like the feel of the fight. However, the hitboxes are horrible, but they are still better then the ones owned by Vay Hek and Sargas Ruk. The teamwork of the Hyenas are expectional but the energy drain aura is just a cheap trick.

Excalibur:

I'm not really satisfied with the suggested changes. The Radial Javelin change sound ok for me, but Super Jump could be given a knocback impact. Something similar to the existing heavy impact mod. Radial Blind needed a bit of nerf, it was slightly overpowered. I hope it will not nerfed to the ground. But Slash Dash needs something as well... Like scaling with melee + a bit of CC.

Edited by Ravensaurus

Upcoming Excalibur Changes

The upcoming Excalibur changes have sparked some new hot threads. He was discussed a lot in a previous Community Hot Topics, but now that there are some changes in the works, what is your opinion on the new direction for Excalibur? Does it fix some of Excalibur's pressing issues? What is your initial reaction to these changes?

Tiberon Feedback
The Tiberon has been getting some interesting feedback in the community (I’ve found the feedback about the Latron requirement especially interesting). How do you feel about the Tiberon? Do you like that it requires a Latron to build? Are the Tiberon’s stats what you expected? 

For excalibur-

The changes sound interesting. Radial blind could get excessive so I see where youre going with that. The super jump changes are hard to gauge band seem kind of redundant or lackluster but I'm willing to try them out.

Though I'd REALLY prefer you drop it and give excalibur a togglable "super mode" instead, where excalibur burns energy to move faster, jump higher, hit harder, be tougher...all by small amounts of course. But reinforce his "jack of all trades" style of gameplay.

I'd really like to see slash dash have better flow with melee combat by making sure that it adds to the combo counter, damage scales with the melee weapon and maybe adds some sort of slash proc.

Additionally radial javelin should be triggerable in mid air. That way Excalibur can do cool combos like super jump into the air and come down with radial javelin. Remember the ending move in the original Warframe Diorama? 

Let's fully bring that across!

For Tiberon-

Core problem with it, if you ask me, is that it's simply another burst fire weapon.

We have a few of those already so this really doesn't add enough to the game.

How about a suggestion I saw someone make a week ago and have it be a variable fire mode.....

Either-Burst fire when Aimed down sights, Full auto when hip fired.

OR-Single shot when when aimed down sights, burst fire when hip fired.

In both cases you could have the damage per bullet values change a bit when its hip fired compared to when it's aim fired. 

Edited by Ronyn

Tutorial:

There has been more than several instances where coptering and buttsliding were confirmed as the game's features. Despite that, why isn't there a section in the Advanced tutorial (in the codex) featuring these maneuvers? They are arguably important by now, especially useful to dodge certain unrelentless forces, so why isn't it included yet?

bosses: when thought is put in to a boss like lech kril or alad v's hell even lephantis but why leave out the others. captain vors remake for the void made sense but what happened to the jackal or even kela de thaym. i love the remake of the G3 golem but we do need a strong female like kela to make a comeback. having her be a secret assasin for the queens would be amazing. captain vor cant beat the tenno thats obvious but i love the fight against kela and would love to see her remade hell make her use the jackal with formorian tech lol.