Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Grineer Tileset Room - Bring It Back?

AureusVulpes

Let me start by describing the room in question and why it was removed.

The room I am thinking of was a room in one of the two oldest grineer tilesets. It was either galleon or asteroid base. I can't remember which. It had an elevator in the middle, and lots of catwalks, and a conveyor belt which had some kind of ore or rocks on it moving to a dark area which the player could not enter.

This room received bad feedback because it was difficult to traverse, confusing, and often times it was hard to decide which path to take to get to the waypoint exit, because it had multiple exits at multiple levels.

Now we have this new melee maneuver, and it's rather fun to launch yourself way up high using it. Could this room feasibly make a fun comeback? Let me hear your opinions, Tenno.

I was confused when that room stopped showing up back in U11 i think. DE removed it for a reason, it was messy design and confusing people with weird waypoints.

There is another one from Grineer asteroid that is removed as well. Room where you had to run stairs and down for like a minute, with high fences and some tubes that allowed you to get down faster. There always was Grineer friendship door at the bottom. And console right of the door.

I think i know what youre talking about.

It was removed because its presence would make Survival on the asteroid base tileset unwinnable.

And the issue wasnt that it was difficult to navigate, it was that it took too damn long to get from the bottom to the top. Also the mobs couldnt navigate it either.

We do not talk about that room, for unfortunate things will befall on those who speak of it.

Not even the Twin Queens dare to mutter its words.

Fall

Fall

Fall

Never

Get

Back

Up

Seriously, that tower was worse than Dark Souls

._. does anyone have any pics of that room?

2013052000002w.jpg

I found only that one a few weeks back because I've been looking for pictures of that room back then because I also asked where MANY of the old tiles have gone and because many have been just replaced. It didn't add any diversity at all. They just keep the same amount of tiles so the repetitiveness is overwhelming after a few missions already.

Too bad it doesn't show the entire room but only the top most segment... the room is at least 4-5 times as tall and has about 150-200m in diameter. It's much like a huge cylinder filled with tons of catwalks. "Valkyr/Zephyr/directional melee"-HEAVEN. Too bad they removed it.

Who remembers those:

I remember that one being cool too.. a little bit too dark in some places but cool:

Warframe0013_zps63f5b8bd.png

Also that one with 2 two elevators side by side:

7l69.jpg

Below

cf749dbf_Evolution0015.jpeg

Above

That one had a lot of catwalks too:

2j5mau8.jpg

All three of them got removed as well. I haven't seen them in a year... they probably got removed when they first introduced those newer asteroid tiles involving the half life style tram thingy. There are at least a dozen other tiles I remember that got removed from various tilesets and I haven't got any pictures of. Just makes me sad that they are wasting this much content. :/

Edited by MeduSalem

I remember the debris falling onto the conveyor belt could sometimes kill you, not down you, kill you.

I thought it made sense, I always wanted that in something like Nightmare mode.

For instance if you fall off the map you simply die, instead of being repositioned.

That one wasn't even that bad.

The one we have on Earth, with all them waterstreams is a lot more complicated.

I wish I could switch to the old marking system, which simply showed you where the door is to the next room.

Rather than what we have now, which pinpoints you to the stairs that you need to take to reach the elevator which connects to a hallway and leads you to the door that ultimately leads you to the next room.

Come on, Mr. Marker, simply show me where the door is and I'll ninja my way up/down there in no time! è_é

I found only that one a few weeks back because I've been looking for pictures of that room back then because I also asked where MANY of the old tiles have gone and because many have been just replaced. It didn't add any diversity at all. They just keep the same amount of tiles so the repetitiveness is overwhelming after a few missions already.

Too bad it doesn't show the entire room but only the top most segment... the room is at least 4-5 times as tall and has about 150-200m in diameter. It's much like a huge cylinder filled with tons of catwalks. "Valkyr/Zephyr/directional melee"-HEAVEN. Too bad they removed it.

Who remembers those:

I remember that one being cool too.. a little bit too dark in some places but cool:

-snip-

Also that one with 2 two elevators side by side:

-snip-

Below

-snip-

Above

-snip-

That one had a lot of catwalks too:

-snip-

All three of them got removed as well. I haven't seen them in a year... they probably got removed when they first introduced those newer asteroid tiles involving the half life style tram thingy. There are at least a dozen other tiles I remember that got removed from various tilesets and I haven't got any pictures of. Just makes me sad that they are wasting this much content. :/

I thought we were talking about a whole different room, I thought we were talking about the room that had like 20 walkways and the second you went up any of them the waypoint changed and if you fell down while finally choosing the right one you lost the path, that room was the bane of my existence... along with Napalms at the time. I never had any problems with the rooms pictured here though

Edited by Ninjaboy00

Fall

Fall

Fall

Never

Get

Back

Up

Seriously, that tower was worse than Dark Souls

What's wrong with Dark Souls?  Better than this community of casuals that call casuals casuals even though they're all casuals themselves.  I hope you have proper fitting panties for that vagina.

I wish I could switch to the old marking system, which simply showed you where the door is to the next room.

Rather than what we have now, which pinpoints you to the stairs that you need to take to reach the elevator which connects to a hallway and leads you to the door that ultimately leads you to the next room.

Come on, Mr. Marker, simply show me where the door is and I'll ninja my way up/down there in no time! è_é

Agreed completley. If we have wallrunning, coptering and the newly added aerial moves for even more mobility, why should we be guided like children? Give the waypoint to the door, and we can figure out our own way.

I thought we were talking about a whole different room, I thought we were talking about the room that had like 20 walkways and the second you went up any of them the waypoint changed and if you fell down while finally choosing the right one you lost the path, that room was the bane of my existence... along with Napalms at the time. I never had any problems with the rooms pictured here though

Yeah the first picture shown is part of the room OP is talking about... but I got no better picture of it... but on the course of googling I found pictures of the other 3 rooms which got removed as well.

True... I exactly know which one you mean at the Earth Tileset... I got lost several times in the beginning. xD

The waypoint/minimap system is just crap to be honest. It is one of the oldest additions to the game but now with Archwing it has ultimatively proven to be worthless.

They should just have added arrows/markers on the edge of the screen pointing in the general direction of targets of interest and remove the stupid minimap altogether because it doesn't really help navigating through the tiles anyways because for that it is too small and if I ever need the map I bring it up by pressing "M" which gives a much better overview.

At least the minimap is often confusing and preventing me to make clear decisions if I want to take a shortcut because I only know which exit/door of a tile will be used when I'm almost at said door. So you can't know in advance which shortcut to use, only mind boggling predictions may help because you played the tileset so often that you are able to predict what the map generator has prepared for this mission.

Edited by MeduSalem