The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Primus (No, Not Prime. Yes, I Am Serious.)

cs310

So back when I was sitting in the silent spot, I thought about Warframe, as I tend to do in every free second that I have.

When you're reading through Wiki threads, you can clearly see that the request for excalibur prime is given, and, even though I hate the fact I can totally understand that he (together with Lato and Skana prime) will not be available again.

HOWEVER: What if we just took Excalibur (and maybe Lato and Skana as well), created another prime version of it, and released as Excalibur Primus?

This way, people that want fancy-pants excalibur will get their way, while the original founder's content will remain legacy.

Discuss!

Even though I was around for the founders package and didn't get the founders package. I fully understand that these things, while very nice and I do want them, they will and always stay exclusive to the founders program. As such I also believe that any copy of the founders program should also not be discussed as to prevent further butthurt in the community.

Nope.avi

Edit:Ok, instead of mocking, I'm going to get serious and point out why this is a bad idea.

With Borderlands 2, they said that they'd make a certain amount of Loot Chest editions, and that they'd be EXCLUSIVE, and they'd never make them again.  They also said that they could make DIFFERENT chests in the future.  Which hey, that's cool, I'm fine with that, so I got the ULCE.  Then what happens?

The "exclusive" skins popped up on Steam a month later AND they put up a new loot chest...but it was almost the exact same one as the ULCE, but it looked a bit better.  I was &!$$ed, I felt scammed!  Not only did they break their promise, but they made it look better as well!  My trusti n Gearbox has been severely afflicted and I will NEVER buy another one of their stupid limited editions again.

Now imagine that in Warframe, a lot of people paid 100$+, and then you're going to release a new version of Excal Prime which might even look better.  You would break the trust of EVERYONE involved for a bit more money, and that's a horrible thing.

Edited by UFOLoche

That's almost the same as re-releasing exca prime for all.

Instead of releasing the original, you are just asking for a imitation of it, which will make the exclusive less worth.

Imagine you bought all the syandanas, but then DE decides to release all of those for free, but with different colors, wouldn't you feel you had "wasted" plat?

Although I would also love to have the exca prime, I cant, but I do still hope the braton vandal doesn't become a forever exclusive to closed beta testers :/

As much as I want one, no. Original investors in the game would go on a witch hunt,

This.

It's not so much that I want the original. It's more so that I feel founders wouldn't like it, and it would make me feel bad if they released this 'variant'.

I'm all go for a new Excalibur skin like proto, though.

Edited by 13.42

Had thought about this since a long time...

Name name one Excalibur Void Prime, name the other Excalibur Founder Prime, maker the former look slightly different from the latter.

You have thus two items, it wouldn't break any legal issue about the 'exclusivity' of Excalibur Prime.

Had thought about this since a long time...

Name name one Excalibur Void Prime, name the other Excalibur Founder Prime, maker the former look slightly different from the latter.

You have thus two items, it wouldn't break any legal issue about the 'exclusivity' of Excalibur Prime.

Yes, and you'll just break the trust of every founder, &!$$ off the community, and make yourselves look like complete liars!

I don't know why people think these "lol loophole" ideas are good, you're not solving the problem, you're making it worse.

Edited by UFOLoche