Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity: Energy Vampire

[DE]Glen

Trinity is a support frame, that means it is a teamplay oriented frame. But almost none of the pickup-groups can play "teamplay". Players who are new to the game think that Warframe is a shooting game, so they shoot only and there Trinity can help much, only heal.

But organized teams can use Trinity well and clan people gets taught by clanmates early in the game. Leveling a frame so we need a lot of energy? EV. Higher level enemies than easy play? Bless. Okay, power-leveling Interception maps screws this a bit.

If I want to level a weapon and the map I go to is an easy one, it does not matter what frame I bring. It could be Trinity as well. At rank 14+ people have their warframe slots stuffed with level 30 frames anyway.

Taking poor Mag is not fair :-) Without a Frost, you won't go high on any Defense map (yeah you have Nyx, but using Absorb means one player is effectively out of the game).

And you totally forgot fun-play. Everyone forgets it. There is life & game after Rank 18 :-)

Answer me this, then: Why bring trinity who requires the leaving alive of enemies and use of directly-targeted auras, when any frame can bring more powerful and easier placed consumables that do the same thing as her 1&2 skills, but don't require a target and don't even cost energy, and are equally stuck in place?

wouldn't having another damage frame/debuff frame be 10x as useful? i've personally never been in a team where we've hit L70+ enemies and felt that trinity was doing bloody anything since they nerfed blessing to not just be 10s or so of pure invincibility. (and i should mention, in every team since the nerf, we've typically had a saryn or something in her stead because a frost + consumables is just so much better because damage is always good)

again, having to specifically plan around and cater too a frame whose job is done equally well by a couple health & energy powerups duck-taped to a vauban tesla and ammo pack feels just SLIGHTLY broken to me.

and when all 4 people in your party can be carrying over 90 of each type of restore with ease, it's even more pointed a thing.

but rather than nerf the crap out of consumables and other such things to attempt to pander to the broken-and-not-in-the-fun-way frame, i'd rather just see her entire kit (again, barring maybe link) get taken out back & shot by the soma brigade before being replaced by actually synergistic powers with sensible mechanics that don't require super specific situations to actually be useful.

Til that happens, she's buried so far back in my storage cryo unit she's keeping the frozen peas company. and i never cook with peas.

Edited by Zerethon

I wonder what DE actually think support is. Honestly I main trinity ( she's like my little angel.) but when I look at the things that they do too her after certain updates. I get kinda pissed but then Im like ok how can I change with her. There are so many things that trinity can do but you can take other items in her stead. Was this a design flaw or put in on purpose. To me this game has turn into attack and defense. ( I mean frame wise.) Oberon to me is a hybrid lol of a healer that can still attack with the best of them. There truly is no place for a pure supporter in warframe. As a player I love when I find a way to combo a move with my teammates. The EV, Peacemaker, and Absorb combo ( if you will it is a combo lol.) I understand the thought process behind it. In some ways its cheap but it had players doing what you wanted. (Working together.) I cant be like most players and say holy dragon balls trinity got nerfed again and turn my back. Just not that type of player. Im a supportive type of guy their for trinity is the perfect fit. What I would like to know is what is the thought process behind most frames? Do you make them to make them? ( I understand that they are made to keep the game amazing.) This game is amazing but the more I play the more I realize that the game is not kind to the friendly support class. Im not going to ask you change this or anything of the matter. ( Its not my place.) Like I said before the change does hurt the trinity fan base in some fashion but those who love trinity will find away to pull through. ( Lol I think most of you know that.) Well thanks for the changes looking forward to everything on Ps4.

^^ The problem with trinity as a support is that her pure support skills (Well/vampire) Require being cast on enemies, which opens a whole can of worms nowadays with the sheer damage output and debuff capability of the average damage frame

Hence why i feel so strongly about making her main 2 skills use herself as the focus, rather than the enemy. Mechanically this is the same thing basically every single other frame in the game currently does.

The -ONLY- exception right now is Nyx and mind control, which doesn't see as much use in the face of her also having chaos and it having the same issues as trinities well powers.

Limbo i do not count, his "Banish" not only phases but does heavy damage to the target, so i lump it in with other direct damage skills like shuriken and soul punch

Trinity is a support frame, that means it is a teamplay oriented frame. But almost none of the pickup-groups can play "teamplay". Players who are new to the game think that Warframe is a shooting game, so they shoot only and there Trinity can help much, only heal.

But organized teams can use Trinity well and clan people gets taught by clanmates early in the game. Leveling a frame so we need a lot of energy? EV. Higher level enemies than easy play? Bless. Okay, power-leveling Interception maps screws this a bit.

If I want to level a weapon and the map I go to is an easy one, it does not matter what frame I bring. It could be Trinity as well. At rank 14+ people have their warframe slots stuffed with level 30 frames anyway.

Taking poor Mag is not fair :-) Without a Frost, you won't go high on any Defense map (yeah you have Nyx, but using Absorb means one player is effectively out of the game).

And you totally forgot fun-play. Everyone forgets it. There is life & game after Rank 18 :-)

Personally I care not for the EV nerf/buff I care more about the fact the Bless move no longer instant heals everyone to max HP and Shields. This cripples her power significantly since she is a medic an Instant healing move that recovers all HP and Shields is what I believe a Medic's ulti should be.

Personally I care not for the EV nerf/buff I care more about the fact the Bless move no longer instant heals everyone to max HP and Shields. This cripples her power significantly since she is a medic an Instant healing move that recovers all HP and Shields is what I believe a Medic's ulti should be.

The problem with it being an instant heal and then effectively having a cooldown (Because of the lasting effect) was that it was still crap.

Nothing like using it because your team is low, only to have the wave end a second later and everyone die in the rush of the following wave start.

I emphasized on the "not caring for others" part. If he needs a frame that is sturdy and don't want to care about other players, Rhino is a good choice.

And where Rhino has a falloff, every frame has a falloff. I have experience with Rhino Prime on T4Def 30+ wave, yeah it becomes annoying that the Iron Skin disappears in 2 seconds, but show me a frame (except Valkyr) that survives better on its own (without abilities).

If you play high level, then you need "situational" and well tuned frames. And Rhino is not needed for his super armor on high level, but for Roar (as abilities becomes more and more useless on higher levels and weapons dominate).

No situation exists that doesn't have have Rhino as tankiest frame with no powers so don't try and skew what you said when that isn't something you said. If you are decent with Rhino that's good but trinity goes to T4 Defense at 30 and actively tanks for her team. There isn't such a thing as a selfish tank and if there was such a thing then trinity would still be better since she isn't selfish and is just a better tank in general. It's okay that you don't know better than to suggest Rhino for endgame a lot of players can play him end game but trinity is better for almost most high stuff. Edited by quietcanary

The problem with it being an instant heal and then effectively having a cooldown (Because of the lasting effect) was that it was still crap.

Nothing like using it because your team is low, only to have the wave end a second later and everyone die in the rush of the following wave start.

If they die in the first wave coming from full health without the time you need to take some damage while linked and recast bless then you need to get a better squad or over extend into a hallway on purpose or something. They don't need invincibility and if they do then they shouldn't kapeesh?

If they die in the first wave coming from full health without the time you need to take some damage while linked and recast bless then you need to get a better squad or over extend into a hallway on purpose or something. They don't need invincibility and if they do then they shouldn't kapeesh?

And therein lies the problem.

What you're basically saying is that if your team is dying, your support should be tanking more. Seems odd to me.

i'm not against this, but what gets me is that everyone focuses on her 3/4 skills and not her 1/2 which are the totally useless ones and also the ones you're stuck levelling with for the longest time.

So, out of my curiousity, how would my idea of making her 1/2 into PBAoE effects make her tankiness worse? you're already punchfacing things to make the whole blessing+link combo not totally trash.

• 3 weeks later...

Energy vampire was NEVER used as damaging ability, it's purely supportive power.......

With energy vamp - most of us cast it on any enemy in sight and one shot kill it. So I really don't see massive change with that by your "tweak". I only see another nerf on NYX.

Not to mention other frames that can use feeding due to their channeling abilities. Like Mesa, Banshee, (Hydroids puddle?), and not sure if Mirage can be fed. Mesa is hit hard because her damage falls off relatively quickly (about wave 25 T4 Def) and if she has to exit her Ult and wait on an energy pulse then she falls behind.

.....but trinity goes to T4 Defense at 30 and actively tanks for her team. There isn't such a thing as a selfish tank and if there was such a thing then trinity would still be better since she isn't selfish and is just a better tank in general. It's okay that you don't know better than to suggest Rhino for endgame a lot of players can play him end game but trinity is better for almost most high stuff.

Yes and no. Trinity's Link is great. 75% damage reduction. But at high-tier (T4 Survival near an hour) where all frames start losing their defensive edge she starts to feel a sudden squishiness. That 25% is quite a lot, and can kill you faster than Rhino's Iron Skin will take to rub off, not to even mention high level Corpus. Those supras and Detrons deal good damage to Tenno Alloy, and Rhino's Ferrite armor buff stands a chance (though all die before level 100 Supras, lol). I really wish we could achieve Mesa's 95% reduction.

You are wrong.

absolutely

wrong

As much as i find it hilariously fun to do ridiculous amounts of damage, the "nuke build" gimps her kit to make absolutely no use of her damage reduction. That and killing 1 enemy every three seconds really starts wearing thin fast :l 

The link is bugged or was nerfed? Coz I receive many many dmg WITH link. Plz DE fix it or buff her link, I'd like to play her again :'(.

It's nerfed to 75% DR max. Sad, sad day.

You can get more DR through Blessing, tho. The way is to wait until you have low, low health and then cast blessing, it gives DR based on health missing on the most damaged member of the team.

Da ****! Poor Trin :'( Why she?

Because her Blessing used to be crazy OP, and there was (and still is) an outcry against her since she used to (and still does) allow other frames to perform ridiculous synergies.

Although I do agree they could have worked around invulnerability Link, she was way more fun back then.

she was way more fun back then.

i didn't find pressing 4 constantly to make everyone permanently invulnerable very fun.

it was really boring.

Trinity is exciting to play, it's engaging.

Link lets you laugh at some Enemies staggering themselves or w/e, and also makes it much harder to be killed. you can still shoot yourself in the feet if you liked doing that. just use Blessing first for 100% Damage Reduction.

Blessing supports others in tight spots, and yourself ofc.

Energy Vampire allows you to support yourself and Squad while smiting Heavy Units.

Well of Life is unfortunately only useful for making Energy Vampire do hilarious Damage to big Enemies.... but 3/4 isn't too bad.