May 1St: Hot Feedback Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Sorry to be a pain but I haven't been playing recently but I have read on the forums that loki's switch teleport is not reliable after update 7.9. Is this a known bug or is it only in isolated cases?

If you haven't played Loki since the patch you're missing out.  I've played him exclusively and Switch Teleport is now a grab-bag of effects.  There's a 25% chance any of the following will occur.

1. Loki teleports to the target but the target stays in place.

2. Loki's target teleports to Loki but Loki doesn't move.

3. Loki does a 360 in place and no one teleports.

4. Switch Teleport actually teleports both Loki and the target.

=/ Gorgon is fine after 7.9, even at range. Further updates arn't needed. As proof here's some clips of it being effective at various ranges on sedna-marrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsDSP9q3wc&feature=youtu.be

sure it's not a sniper-rifle anymore- it was never meant to be, it's still plenty effective. if people want to headshot with a semi-auto high capacity weapon at long range they should use something designed for that purpose, like the Latron. The Gorgon is a bullet hose than can be effective at range when burst fired and super effective for large groups and bosses on full-auto. I think this short vid demonstrates that if used right it's still plenty effective and no further changes are really needed.

I honestly hope that the changes to the Hek aren't as simple as a change to drop-off range. Even with the Strun and Boar I found a lot of utility in firing beyond their optimal range for the purposes of hitting a large group and/or applying elemental effects. A rifle would have to hit them in enfilade (lined up) for the same effect. The best way of handling the situation would be to get rid of dropoff and instead increase the spread of the weapon, since at long range fewer of the shots will hit and less damage will be done, but it won't remove the beneficial side effects or require new mechanics (like dropoff) to be introduced that add needless complexity.

Also, the patch notes talked about "shotgun sniping", so I don't think the damage dropoff was really meant for the Boar or Strun, but I can definitely feel the difference. I have never seen anyone claim either was too good, although I have heard plenty that the Boar needed work even before this. So basically I would argue that the dropoff should be eliminated, the Boar should get a buff (+damage or number of shots might be enough), and the Hek should get a wider spread to reduce its original range.

=/ Gorgon is fine after 7.9, even at range. Further updates arn't needed. As proof here's some clips of it being effective at various ranges on sedna-marrow.

sure it's not a sniper-rifle anymore- it was never meant to be, it's still plenty effective. if people want to headshot with a semi-auto high capacity weapon at long range they should use something designed for that purpose, like the Latron. The Gorgon is a bullet hose than can be effective at range when burst fired and super effective for large groups and bosses on full-auto. I think this short vid demonstrates that if used right it's still plenty effective and no further changes are really needed.

This was taken before 7.9.  You can tell because your first shot always hits, even at range.

I can take mine out, right now, and be at half the distance, and the first shot will miss.  You can't even reliably shoot a camera in 4 shots from directly underneath it.

It's possible that the behavior I am complaining about only occurs in coop and not solo, but if so it needs fixed for coop.

Still no news for those who can't buy the founder's packs...... talk about a nice feedback thread.

Support truly is the appropriate avenue to help you with this because they can provide important details on a 1to1 basis. Please make a ticket at support.warframe.com.

This was taken before 7.9.  You can tell because your first shot always hits, even at range.

I can take mine out, right now, and be at half the distance, and the first shot will miss.  You can't even reliably shoot a camera in 4 shots from directly underneath it.

It's possible that the behavior I am complaining about only occurs in coop and not solo, but if so it needs fixed for coop.

i literally recorded and uploaded this just today. So sorry- but you're wrong. try aiming for center-mass at range and not going for the headshot- your chances are much higher.

Okay, how did you get your gorgon to be that accurate? That's what it was like before 7.9, but now I can't replicate that effectiveness at all. :(

Okay, how did you get your gorgon to be that accurate? That's what it was like before 7.9, but now I can't replicate that effectiveness at all. :(

it's hardly 'accurate'- but as a tip aim center-mass at range. burst-fire for higher accuracy, and yeah- it wasn't recorded prior to 7.9. at 0:14 first shot clearly misses even though i was aiming center mass. =) It's really not as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be- learn to utilize it properly and while it won't be a higher-ammo-capacity latron, it's still a very effective weapon.

i literally recorded and uploaded this just today. So sorry- but you're wrong. try aiming for center-mass at range and not going for the headshot- your chances are much higher.

I can see why he would think this, though. Your video was remarkably short on wide deviations. I suspect some degree of cherry picking.

That said, the other thing I'm seeing is you're using a lot of short bursts where I would have been using single shots before 7.9, which seems to be much more effective now. I'm at least convinced not to throw it in the braton downgrade pile.

I don't believe you, but if you're truthful then it only behaves this way in solo.  You can't make those shots in coop under 7.9.  

I have in about 5 hours play since the patch never had the performance you are getting in this clip at 20+m at what would be ~10m range. I have tried single shots, bursts and full auto all at centre mass when it became glaringly obvious that headshots weren't working.

This is far more representative of my gameplay experience. I was missing cameras left right and centre earlier today.

Edited by Captator

I don't believe you, but if you're truthful then it only behaves this way in solo.  You can't make those shots in coop under 7.9.  

well you're welcome to add me in game for an online co-op run which i'll happily record and post on youtube to once more prove my point.

it's hardly 'accurate'- but as a tip aim center-mass at range. burst-fire for higher accuracy, and yeah- it wasn't recorded prior to 7.9. at 0:14 first shot clearly misses even though i was aiming center mass. =) It's really not as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be- learn to utilize it properly and while it won't be a higher-ammo-capacity latron, it's still a very effective weapon.

Okay, I just tried this and it worked... Kind of. I was able to hit enemies out to shotgun range (~10-15 meters) reliably with short bursts to the center mass. Anything longer, or if I held down the trigger for too long and spun the gorgon up rather than going for short bursts generally resulted in the horrible inaccuracy I expected.

The issue being, if it's got the same effective range as a shotgun or near enough, why would I use it over a shotgun, what with shotguns being considerably more ammo efficient? For that matter, why would I use it over the humble braton unless I'm going boss hunting?

I know this is slightly off topic, but I actually appreciate all of the effort being put into the changes and fixes by the design team. For better or worse, changes in the weapon and frame mechanics show that the creators have not given up on augmenting them to suit the needs of the players, an issue that is common in other online games. Kudos team. Keep up the good work!

I know this is slightly off topic, but I actually appreciate all of the effort being put into the changes and fixes by the design team. For better or worse, changes in the weapon and frame mechanics show that the creators have not given up on augmenting them to suit the needs of the players, an issue that is common in other online games. Kudos team. Keep up the good work!

Agreed. =)

I'm curious as to how you prioritize fixes at DE. I'm thinking you should open up the decision making to the community at least a little bit for the nongamebreaking issues. We know you guys work really hard at addressing the issues, but you can only do so much so fast. I think it would be a good step to solicit opinions as to what kind of order to proceed in.

E.g. Gorgon balance vs ash shuriken vs ember abilities.

Then let people rank in terms of their priorities.

Even if you dont fix them in the order the masses prescribe it will still give you a solid understanding of what the community deems most important.

Also communication could be more clear in terms of patch notes, making sure they are complete, contain actual numbers vs unqualified words "improved/reduced" league of legends is VERY good about putting those numbers out there for everyone to see.

we have this

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

- Gorgon accuracy adjustments while aimed.

- Fire rate adjustments to Akimbo and Semi-Auto Pistols.

vs

Trundle

• Chomp (previously Rabid Bite)
    • Damage adjusted to 20/40/60/80/100 (+1.0/1.05/1.1/1.15/1.2 attack damage) from 30/45/60/75/90 (+0.8/0.9/1/1.1/1.2 attack damage)
    • Now slows target by 75% for 0.1 seconds on hit
    • Animation speed scales with Trundle's attack speed

HUGE difference in level of detail and clarity

The gorgon is fine as it is. It was never intended to be a high capacity semi-auto sniper with a bullet hose attachment. If you want a high capacity semi-auto sniper look at the Latron. Now, for those whom complain the latron lacks crowd control, this is why you have a primary and secondary weapon in addition to your melee weapon. I suggest bringing the akboltos, aklatos (if they ever re-balance them, as they were hard-nerfed compared to the akboltos which now have a huge advantage over the aklatos), dual vipers, etc.

I'm curious to see what the buff will be on the hek. Personally I feel the hek can be fixed by adjusting the falloff, not lowering the falloff- just simply increasing the range before falloff starts. It was never intended to be the sniper it turned out to be- and that's fine, but the damage falloff starts too soon. it should be good for at least 25-35 feet before falloff starts, and that's currently not the case.

I'm also looking forward to the fixes that are noted here, espescially the mag and ash fixes. =3

Finally, it's nice to to see this new thread/subforum addresses many of the common issues and I'll definately be checking it often from now on. =)

I like what they did to the Gorgon, its no longer a Latron with more ammo, its actually a minigun for a change, as in you actually use it as a minigun to mow down packs of enemies, i think it should stay as is and you babies should stop crying about trying to use a weapon for something it wasn't intended for.

the Gorgon cant hit anything now. yes it was stupid as a semi-auto sniper but tehy could have made it to something like the heavy's gun from tf2

Can you guys please please please give us a new skin for Trinity and Saryn ? Or please please please remove the skirt like thingi from those warframes ?

Would be really cool!

And maybe give us a cool LOOT for killing stalker, like special alert like BPs or RARE mods ?

And we need some new forum mods ! (liek meh >.>)

And Will we get a OBT special founder package or something ? Am getting ready for Master founder package, but holding back...thinking that you guys might put some special event / Promo !

if they gave loot for the stalker then it would end up like endermen in minecraft. where instead of running/fearing them people farmed them for their items

Any words about the energy system ?

The way it works, skills aren't used to their full glory, and it's nearly impossilbe to use them strategically with the guns (apart the skills of Loki and Trinity)

Is there any plan to tweak the system (with for instance a minimum regen of energy, or reduce the cost of most of the level 1 and 2 skills, or being able to tap in stamina to cast spells - and getting "exhausted" because of that) ?

the energy system is just fine how it is. there is a artifact for this minimum regen of energy

Edited by masterninjaa

Hey sorry if I´m being dumb or something but what means "Orokin Inspired Level Sets" ... also in those images there are male/female alternates versions of warframes, are they planing to give us a options? Or they just old scracth?

Edit: I watched the last livestream.

Edited by RainbowDjinn